Author Topic: Hello again!  (Read 834 times)

Offline Nike

• Zinc Member
      • http://n/a
Hello again!
« on: June 20, 2001, 03:20:00 AM »
Hello everyone!

It's been a while since I was here, just want to check things out. Whats AH like nowdays, haven't played for a long time now and im considering to start again but I don't know if I should go for AH, WB or WWII online. Convince me that AH is the best guys   :)

30$ is alot of money for me considering the dollar value in Sweden...

// Nike

hmm...saw the reply Jase got, well I guess I'll come back and mix it up with the newbiez in the training arena..

[ 06-20-2001: Message edited by: Nike ]

Offline Wilbus

• Platinum Member
Hello again!
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2001, 04:34:00 AM »
If you like ground War, you should go for WW2OL, it's very good in there but you need a VERY SUPER good System to play it. FM in there has got no E loss.

If you wanna fly, wich is why most of us are here, I sugest AH. WB seam to have a better FM in some ways (planes seam to be more willing to hammerhead instead of rolling into a "controlled" spin) but overall AH Flight Modell is better, planes respond faster and it doesn't, as some guy put it a while back, feel like there are rubber bands attached to the ailerons.

WB3 has still got a pretty long way to go, AH is getting trains etc now, more planes and I belive (not sure) improved graphics and effects.

Go with AH  :)
Rasmus "Wilbus" Mattsson

Liberating Livestock since 1998, recently returned from a 5 year Sheep-care training camp.

Offline daddog

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.332nd.org
Hello again!
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2001, 08:37:00 AM »
After 4 years look at WB and what they have to offer. Large plane set, good flight model, quality historical events. After just over one year look at Aces High and what they offer. Fantistic clouds, you can man ack at the fields and fleets, which you can also control. PT boats, tanks, halftracks, good historical events good flight model. They are not that far apart, when it comes to graphics and aircraft FM, but if you are in for the long run place your hard earned $ with Aces High. In another year the gap will be like the grand canyon.

I am looking forward to the Subs. No I don't know something "inside" but in time I bet it will happen.  :)
Noses in the wind since 1997
332nd Flying Mongrels
daddog
Knowing for Sure

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
Hello again!
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2001, 08:51:00 AM »
Wilbus,

I could never get anything in WBs to hammer head anything like a hammerhead.

At least in AH we have the N1K   :D

Y
"If someone flips you the bird and you don't know it, does it still count?" - SLIMpkns

Offline Ghosth

• AH Training Corps (retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://332nd.org
Hello again!
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2001, 08:54:00 AM »
Daddogs got it right.

Go look at the news section & read all the features that have been added to AH over the past year.

Then go look at what Warbirds has added.

No comparision at all IMHO. HTC is going to leave em all in the dust.

As to WWIIOL, if you want a tank sim fine.
But for WWII Flight sim AH is tops.