Author Topic: Nippon Gyogyoukyoudoukumiai  (Read 4166 times)

Offline wil3ur

• Silver Member
Re: Nippon Gyogyoukyoudoukumiai
« Reply #45 on: May 06, 2012, 11:07:33 AM »
...you people need to get out more.  I'm so tired of people getting bent out of shape and offended for other people, especially when they have very little idea what's going on to begin with.

This thread quickly deteriorated from a discussion of the squad into a diatribe on Whale Wars and how they're ganging people like poor defenseless whales.  If you look at the picture I posted, it was from a South Park Episode in which we are told WHY the Japanese hate Whales so much (Notice the Commedy Central Logo).  We find out that in 1945 the US Government supplied the Japanese with intelligence showing that Whales, not the US, dropped the bomb on Hiroshima and Nagasaki.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZEUcQtPwZ0U

The picture was posted as both comic relief, as well as being a pictorial commentary on what this thread was really all about:  A Misunderstanding of Cultures and trying to place Western Values and beliefs upon a different culture.  So think what you want, but my posts are anything but rubbing crap on a wall.    :rolleyes:

:salute
"look at me I am making a derogatory remark to the OP"

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #46 on: May 06, 2012, 11:51:43 AM »
wil3ur, you posted a picture of the Enola Gay (without explanation) in a thread discussing a Japanese squadron and YOU think WE should get out more?

:salute To our Japanese brothers, I apologize for the insults and derision thrown your way.  Please, we are not all like that.

This was not the intention of this thread. I am sorry I even started it.

Happy Friday Pipz!
-=Army of Muppets=-
"Get stuffed Skyyr, you freak" - Zack1234

Offline wil3ur

• Silver Member
« Reply #47 on: May 06, 2012, 11:56:31 AM »

wil3ur, you posted a picture of the Enola Gay (without explanation) in a thread discussing a Japanese squadron and YOU think WE should get out more?

Yes

Offline Tupac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #48 on: May 06, 2012, 12:07:50 PM »

This was not the intention of this thread. I am sorry I even started it.

Shida, the picture he posted was from a TV show called South Park. In the episode they explain why the japanese hunt Dolphins and Whales - Because the Enola Gay was actually crewed by dolphins and whales. If you look in the cockpit of the picture he posted you will see, in fact, a dolphin and whale.

I don't think he posted it with any nefarious undertones.

Here's a link to the episode

http://www.southparkstudios.com/full-episodes/s13e11-whale-potatos
"It was once believed that an infinite number of monkeys, typing on an infinite number of keyboards, would eventually reproduce the works of Shakespeare. However, with the advent of Internet messageboards we now know this is not the case."

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #49 on: May 06, 2012, 12:10:42 PM »
Because the Enola Gay was actually crewed by dolphins and whales.

Yes you are right, it's completely obvious now that you mention it, crewed by Dolphins and Whales you say? I don't know how I missed that one.
Happy Friday Pipz!
-=Army of Muppets=-

Offline Tupac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #50 on: May 06, 2012, 12:13:26 PM »
Yes you are right, it's completely obvious now that you mention it, crewed by Dolphins and Whales you say? I don't know how I missed that one.

Not sure if you are being sarcastic or not, but Wil3ur was attempting to make humor, not make a cheap shot at a very unfortunate time in history for the japanese people.
"It was once believed that an infinite number of monkeys, typing on an infinite number of keyboards, would eventually reproduce the works of Shakespeare. However, with the advent of Internet messageboards we now know this is not the case."

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #51 on: May 06, 2012, 12:16:00 PM »
I will admit that I did not closely examine the picture beyond seeing it was an artwork portrayal of the Enola Gay.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline zack1234

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #52 on: May 06, 2012, 12:16:11 PM »
Pies are important as well :old:
There are no pies stored in this plane overnight

The GFC
Pipz lived in the Wilderness near Ontario

Offline Tupac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #53 on: May 06, 2012, 12:18:04 PM »
Pies are important as well :old:

Pies are the most important  :old:

Offline wil3ur

• Silver Member
« Reply #54 on: May 06, 2012, 12:21:24 PM »
Tupac, thanks...  but some people will never get it.

South Park has already done a wonderful job in pointing out that American arrogance and ignorance in thinking our culture or way is more correct or moral than someone else's.  This entire thread was a perfect mirror of that episode, right down to the point of people saying they're acting like a bunch of fishermen going out and slaughtering poor defenseless whales.

The picture, from the episode, is completely in accordance with the thread... and was in actuality my way of saying you guys are morons for getting on their case about how they fly.  If they want to maintain discipline and order in their flights and tactics, who are you to say they're not playing the game correctly?

So you're getting bent out of shape about me 'making fun' of Japanese, when I was taking the exact opposite stance.  Yes, I didn't explain it, but my American Arrogance and Ignorance made me think that everyone would automatically have noticed the Dolphin and Whale on the plane and thought, "Oh that South Park Episode where they pointed out what hypocrites we are!".

I'm guilty of the same idiocy that I'm accusing you of as well...  so for that I apologize.

Offline Debrody

• Platinum Member
« Reply #55 on: May 06, 2012, 12:37:33 PM »
What if we (you) finish it right here and now?
Haters gonna hate, dont need to fuel us. While their flying style is exactly what disgusts me...  not really "samurai" mentality... all i can do is avoid them. As far as possible.
.ignore tards   .salute goodfites
And life is beautiful again.
AoM
City of ice

Offline 1pLUs44

• Gold Member
« Reply #56 on: May 06, 2012, 12:38:23 PM »
Isn't this the Japanese squad who do not read english and only Japanese who figured out how to play the game etc?

Much respect for them, even if they believe in score more then personal fun.

Maybe thats how they like to have their own personal fun. My .02

:salute
No one knows what the future may bring.

Offline ROC

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #57 on: May 06, 2012, 01:16:08 PM »
Can you imagine the soldiers back in WW2 arguing on a forum about how each other was fighting?   :rofl

Don't like they way a group flies?  Form another group and go hunt them down.  Not going to solve a single thing getting blisters on your fingers typing in here.

Then again, it is historically much easier to complain about something than actually do something about it.  I don't spend enough time in the MAs due to the scenario efforts, but quite frankly, all this thread did was tell me there is a worthy group I need to go hunt, who know how to fight back.  Sounds like fun, can't wait to run into them.
ROC
Nothing clever here.  Please, move along.

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #58 on: May 06, 2012, 01:17:37 PM »
they do fly pretty good, but they ho a lot.  actually that is their primary merge. a ho shot.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #59 on: May 06, 2012, 01:22:37 PM »
He's right, there is a Whale and a Dolphin in the picture. I didn't look farther than comprehending it was the Enola Gay and made assumptions. I am not that familiar with South Park. I apologise for saying you had Coprographia  :salute

Not sure if you are being sarcastic or not, but Wil3ur was attempting to make humor, not make a cheap shot at a very unfortunate time in history for the japanese people.

A very unfortunate time in human history. Indeed.

Well, although not the intention, the Nippon Gyogyoukyoudoukumiai's style is clearly provocative. Perhaps it's for the best that they don't have a representative here.

Happy Friday Pipz!
-=Army of Muppets=-