Author Topic: Falling tanks  (Read 2251 times)

Offline justIN

• Copper Member
Falling tanks
« on: May 09, 2012, 08:27:27 PM »
What kind of crud is this? Tanks from Bish V 28 to Knights V 83 spawning on top of a mountain and doing a teeter on the edge to fire?
And how about the tanks falling, rolling down the mountain behind the spawn on the knights side at V83. Pretty sure that is not very real like, when a bush can tip your tank over and your done for.

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
Re: Falling tanks
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2012, 08:31:10 PM »
When I'm around I up in an 88 and have fun with the unristricted shots whit AP from the manned position.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline kilz

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2012, 10:19:12 PM »
 :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl

:noid :noid :noid :noid :noid :noid
Former LTARkilz

R.I.P 68KO, TailSpin, Maj1Shot, Prop31st, SWfire, rodders, Vega, easy8, 11Bravo, AWMac, GMC31st, Stoliman, WWhiskey

Offline Meatwad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2012, 08:56:55 AM »
Reminds me of some map where I spawned a panzer and it spawned in a tree. I couldnt move otherwise I would fall and roll over, but I could sit still and shoot other tanks from the spawn while perched in the tree.

Needless to say I stayed right there and got a number of kills from that hiding spot  :cool:
See Rule 19- Do not place sausage on pizza.
I am No-Sausage-On-Pizza-Wad.
Das Funkillah - I kill hangers, therefore I am a funkiller. Coming to a vulchfest near you.
You cant tie a loop around 400000 lbs of locomotive using a 2 foot rope - Drediock on fat women

Offline matt

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2012, 09:07:43 AM »
What kind of crud is this? Tanks from Bish V 28 to Knights V 83 spawning on top of a mountain and doing a teeter on the edge to fire?
And how about the tanks falling, rolling down the mountain behind the spawn on the knights side at V83. Pretty sure that is not very real like, when a bush can tip your tank over and your done for.

its fun rolling down that mountain in an m3 woot

Offline PFactorDave

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2012, 09:11:49 AM »
I agree!  It is an absolute travesty that it has been allowed to continue this long!

I say take this map out of the rotation immediately!

Please take it out  of the rotation...

Please...

1st Lieutenant
FSO Liaison Officer
Rolling Thunder

Offline Rob52240

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
      • My AH Films
« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2012, 09:58:00 AM »
Spawn campers shall receive no sympathy.
If I had a gun with 3 bullets and I was locked in a room with Bin Laden, Hitler, Saddam and Zipp...  I would shoot Zipp 3 times.

Offline Reaper90

• Gold Member
« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2012, 10:30:26 AM »
Strange things were going on there the other day! I was sitting there in my Panzer, all of a sudden what I presumed to be an enemy tank (no icon) appears to my left, moving at a very very high rate of speed, from left to right in front of me.... he had just come flying down the canyon wall, and somehow was still moving at what appeared to be 100+ mph across the spawn.... on his roof! No way I could hit that fast of a target with my main gun but I managed a few pings on him with my machine gun as he passed in front of me, flew across the canyon floor, and exploded against the far right wall.  Strangest GV kill I've gotten credit for yet! :rofl
Floyd
'Murican dude in a Brit Squad flying Russian birds, drinking Canadian whiskey

Offline TDeacon

• Silver Member
« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2012, 03:06:44 PM »
When I'm around I up in an 88 and have fun with the unristricted shots whit AP from the manned position.

So how do you hit them with the unmarked 88 gunsight at that range - tape on the monitor?  You have to move the barrel/sight in order to see where the round falls. 

MH

Offline Big Rat

• AH Training Corps
  • Silver Member
« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2012, 07:42:27 PM »
Strange things were going on there the other day! I was sitting there in my Panzer, all of a sudden what I presumed to be an enemy tank (no icon) appears to my left, moving at a very very high rate of speed, from left to right in front of me.... he had just come flying down the canyon wall, and somehow was still moving at what appeared to be 100+ mph across the spawn.... on his roof! No way I could hit that fast of a target with my main gun but I managed a few pings on him with my machine gun as he passed in front of me, flew across the canyon floor, and exploded against the far right wall.  Strangest GV kill I've gotten credit for yet! :rofl

Did you tape it? :lol

:salute
BigRat
When you think the fight might be going bad, it already has.
Becoming one with the Hog, is to become one with Greatness, VF-17 XO & training officer BigRat

Offline justIN

• Copper Member
« Reply #10 on: May 10, 2012, 08:18:20 PM »
Nope no tape or film the GV'ers at the base no what I'm talking about.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2012, 08:20:51 PM by justIN »

Offline Melvin

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #11 on: May 10, 2012, 08:28:23 PM »
Nope no tape or film the GV'ers at the base no what I'm talking about.

:bhead
See Rule #4

Offline Reschke

• Platinum Member
      • VF-17 "The Jolly Rogers"
« Reply #12 on: May 10, 2012, 09:58:41 PM »
Saw it happen more than once yesterday and it inevitably happens when a tank comes down the mountain and lands on its turret. Then it is off to the freaking races.
Buckshot
Reschke from March 2001 till tour 146
Founder and CO VF-17 Jolly Rogers September 2002 - December 2006
"I'm baaaaccccckkk!"

Offline Reaper90

• Gold Member
« Reply #13 on: May 11, 2012, 06:11:37 AM »
Did you tape it? :lol

:lol No, but I wish I had, lol. The whole time I'm looking at this tank screaming past at 100 mph upside down and thinking "WTF?" I'm also wondering "I wonder what the guy inside that tank is thinking right now?!?" It's either "OH CRAP!" or "WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!"
Floyd
'Murican dude in a Brit Squad flying Russian birds, drinking Canadian whiskey

Offline Max

• Platinum Member
« Reply #14 on: May 11, 2012, 07:38:10 AM »
June Cleaver: "Beaver what happened to your brand new school clothes?"

The Beaver: "Lumpy Rutherford and Eddy Haskell threw a buncha crud at me and Larry Mondello."

June Cleaver: "Ward, I want you to have a talk with those boys fathers!"

Ward: "Yes June."   {Ward returns to reading his newspaper on the couch with a knowing smirk}

/humorous hijack  :D
« Last Edit: May 11, 2012, 07:42:55 AM by Max »