Author Topic: Commissioned Artwork  (Read 1127 times)

Offline TeeArr

• Copper Member
Commissioned Artwork
« on: May 10, 2012, 10:46:49 AM »
As most of you know, I was an Officer in the USAF.  I recently commissioned a nationally (and internationally) known artist to render "My" Bird.  He has done mostly WW II, Korea, and Viet Nam planes for guys like Dick Cole (Doolittle's Co-Pilot in "The Raid"), Bud Anderson, Leo Thorsness, Ken Dahlberg, Joe Foss and George McGovern.  He also interviews each of the pilots who flew the planes he draws.
If you go to his website, you can see the first iterations of my project, and see plus read about the projects he has done in the past.
Although I have commissioned this project, it really isn't about me, but rather all the men and women who did this job, and others like it all throughout the Cold War.
Even if my particular project doesn't interest you, the other stuff he has done will...it is magnificent.
You can see his work (and yes, my project) at
www.JohnMollison.com .
TeeArr.

Offline Butcher

• Platinum Member
Re: Commissioned Artwork
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2012, 11:17:23 AM »
That is some seriously beautiful artwork
JG 52

Offline Frodo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2012, 11:32:13 AM »
 :aok Very nice.

JG11 

TEAMWORK IS ESSENTIAL....IT GIVES THE ENEMY SOMEONE ELSE TO SHOOT AT.

Offline Alky

• Nickel Member
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2012, 11:37:50 AM »
As most of you know, I was an Officer in the USAF.  I recently commissioned a nationally (and internationally) known artist to render "My" Bird. 
Which one is your project?   :)
George "AlkyŽ" Fisher

Offline TeeArr

• Copper Member
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2012, 11:39:51 AM »
My project is the Minuteman III ICBM.

Teearr.

Offline B4Buster

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2012, 11:51:10 AM »
As most of you know, I was an Officer in the USAF.  I recently commissioned a nationally (and internationally) known artist to render "My" Bird.  He has done mostly WW II, Korea, and Viet Nam planes for guys like Dick Cole (Doolittle's Co-Pilot in "The Raid"), Bud Anderson, Leo Thorsness, Ken Dahlberg, Joe Foss and George McGovern.  He also interviews each of the pilots who flew the planes he draws.
If you go to his website, you can see the first iterations of my project, and see plus read about the projects he has done in the past.
Although I have commissioned this project, it really isn't about me, but rather all the men and women who did this job, and others like it all throughout the Cold War.
Even if my particular project doesn't interest you, the other stuff he has done will...it is magnificent.
You can see his work (and yes, my project) at
www.JohnMollison.com .
TeeArr.

Very neat TeeArr. I like his website, he seems to have a good sense of humor  :)
"I was a door gunner on the space shuttle Columbia" - Scott12B

Offline Slate

• Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2012, 12:01:41 PM »
My project is the Minuteman III ICBM.

Teearr.

Now you tell us I had to figure it out on my own.  :D

I like the notes on the schetch "What is the color of something nobody See's".
I always wanted to fight an impossible battle against incredible odds.

Offline BudHeavy

• Zinc Member
« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2012, 01:10:02 PM »
Thank you for sharing that.  All I have to say is "WOW".

Offline pipz

• Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2012, 02:49:31 PM »
Rite on  :aok
Silence tells me secretly everything.

Montreal! Free the Pitt Bulls!!!!!

Offline Tupac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2012, 03:40:33 PM »
what years were you with the minuteman program? My uncle Fred White was also an officer in the USAF and worked with the Minuteman III in the early 70s. Not sure the exact years, I'll ask my dad when he gets home today.
"It was once believed that an infinite number of monkeys, typing on an infinite number of keyboards, would eventually reproduce the works of Shakespeare. However, with the advent of Internet messageboards we now know this is not the case."

Offline bortas1

• Silver Member
« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2012, 06:01:53 AM »
 :salute nice grand master teearr

Offline TeeArr

• Copper Member
« Reply #11 on: May 13, 2012, 07:50:49 PM »
Tupac, I was on Missile Crew roughly 1980 through early 1985.
I then flew with the 4th ACCS (ABNCP, Looking Glass) for a bit as an Airborne Launch Control Officer, and several years in Missile Maintenance at Ellsworth, AFB, until I went in a different direction with my career around 1988.

Offline Tupac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #12 on: May 13, 2012, 11:18:01 PM »
I then flew with the 4th ACCS (ABNCP, Looking Glass) for a bit as an Airborne Launch Control Officer, and several years in Missile Maintenance at Ellsworth, AFB, until I went in a different direction with my career around 1988.

Well thank you very much for your service  :salute
"It was once believed that an infinite number of monkeys, typing on an infinite number of keyboards, would eventually reproduce the works of Shakespeare. However, with the advent of Internet messageboards we now know this is not the case."

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #13 on: May 13, 2012, 11:48:36 PM »

Airman Whitehead told me, to tell you: "Howdy"  :devil
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline TeeArr

• Copper Member
« Reply #14 on: May 14, 2012, 11:18:58 AM »
Thank you, Masherbrum.  Throw him a salute and a big hello back from me. :salute