Author Topic: Cartoon  (Read 869 times)

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
Cartoon
« on: May 13, 2012, 12:18:27 PM »
No cartoon today. Today is Mother's day and while some of the "messages" I put into my cartoons are suppose to be funny, or maybe have someone take a better look at themselves, today the message I want to get out there is 'Visit your Mom", say "Hi", and tell her you love her. I lost my mom some 16 months ago and miss her terribly. I like to think of myself as a pretty level headed honest guy. I thought, knowing that everyone dies that I'd be ok with it and handle it MUCH better than I have. Trust me, your not ready for it as much as you think you are.

Bless all the "Mom's" out there, and I wish them well. I wish I could tell mine how much I love her. I'll just have to hope she can still hear me.

Offline Tank-Ace

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
Re: Cartoon
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2012, 12:23:17 PM »
<S> Fugi. Good message, and I'm sorry for your loss, sir.
You started this thread and it was obviously about your want and desire in spite of your use of 'we' and Google.

"Once more unto the breach"

Offline AKP

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2012, 12:37:10 PM »

***G3-MF***

Offline oakranger

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.slybirds.com/
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2012, 01:37:24 PM »
I call my mom everyday to see how she is doing.  It will be hard when her and dad movies to Ohio this summer.  Be lucky if i see them once a year.  :frown:
Oaktree

56th Fighter group

Offline Klam

• Copper Member
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2012, 02:45:50 PM »
We had our Mothers day on 18th March this year.  God bles 'em all :cheers:
=Anglo-Saxon=

ingame ID: Petrol

Offline TwinBoom

• Gold Member
      • 39th FS "Cobra In The Clouds"
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2012, 05:08:50 PM »
Hang in there Joe
TBs Sounds 
39th FS "Cobra In The Clouds"NOSEART

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2012, 06:38:48 PM »
Good Call Fugi... this is for you:

http://opinionator.blogs.nytimes.com/2012/05/10/the-last-mothers-day/

:salute

Thanks that was a great story.

I call my mom everyday to see how she is doing.  It will be hard when her and dad movies to Ohio this summer.  Be lucky if i see them once a year.  :frown:

Do what ever it takes to get out there to see them! I was lucky. My mom lived a few miles away and I made it a point to stop in on the way home from work at least once a week. My father split when I was 5 so all I had was my mom and my sister until my mom remarried when I was 16. As a kid I did the best I could to help out and be "the man around the house" and it carries on even today. My step dad is a great guy and we have him down all the time, but it's not the same with out mom.

Thanks for the well wishes guys. <S>

Offline xbrit

• Silver Member
« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2012, 06:57:48 PM »
Was just three weeks ago my mother passed away and yes still at my age(54) I will always miss her.

Offline morfiend

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2012, 07:49:39 PM »
 :salute To all Moms,toughest job in the world!

Fugi, it's tough sometimes but you always have your memories.

:salute

Offline W7LPNRICK

• Gold Member
      • Ham Radio Antenna Experiments
« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2012, 11:30:13 PM »
Just got back from camping/family reunion with my Mom & Dad & cousins/aunts/uncles I haven't seen in a while. My folks are in their mid 70's, have each had and overcame major health hurdles. I never pass-up a chance for a hug from Mom or any of the older folks. We just buried an uncle whom we all had fond memories of, and it remind us of how old all of us are getting. <S> Fugi Thanx for the reminder... :salute
WildWzl
Ft Bragg Jump School-USAF Kunsan AB, Korea- Clark AB P.I.- Korat, Thailand-Tinker AFB Ok.- Mtn Home AFB Idaho
F-86's, F-4D, F-4G, F-5E Tiger II, C-130, UH-1N (Twin Engine Hueys) O-2's. E3A awacs, F-111, FB-111, EF-111,

Offline Banshee7

• Platinum Member
« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2012, 11:36:43 PM »
Was just three weeks ago my mother passed away and yes still at my age(54) I will always miss her.

Sorry to hear about this Britty!  My condolences are with all those that have lost their mothers.  I am lucky and still have both of my parents and all four of my grandparents
-=Most Wanted=-
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

||||||||

Offline Wildcat1

• Gold Member
« Reply #11 on: May 13, 2012, 11:42:53 PM »
Happy mothers day all  :salute
having fun and getting killed since tour 110
The King of 'Cobras. 350th FG, Tunisia 2016

Air Traffic Controller (Air Warfare/Surface Warfare) 2nd Class, USS John C. Stennis CVN-74

Offline Hajo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #12 on: May 14, 2012, 12:50:57 AM »
No cartoon today. Today is Mother's day and while some of the "messages" I put into my cartoons are suppose to be funny, or maybe have someone take a better look at themselves, today the message I want to get out there is 'Visit your Mom", say "Hi", and tell her you love her. I lost my mom some 16 months ago and miss her terribly. I like to think of myself as a pretty level headed honest guy. I thought, knowing that everyone dies that I'd be ok with it and handle it MUCH better than I have. Trust me, your not ready for it as much as you think you are.

Bless all the "Mom's" out there, and I wish them well. I wish I could tell mine how much I love her. I'll just have to hope she can still hear me.

Fugi....I know that she heard the thoughts you've just expressed.  After all......she's a Mom is she not???
- The Flying Circus -

Offline Plawranc

• Gold Member
      • Youtube Channel
« Reply #13 on: May 14, 2012, 07:04:51 AM »
Im 18 years old, and mines been gone for 2 years.

The one time in my life that mom is the actual necessity, and she isn't here.

It kills me how much she won't see.

I know how you feel Fugi man, I hate mothers day too.   :(
DaPacman - 71 Squadron RAF

"There are only two things that make life worth living. Fornication and Aviation"

Offline shegotya

• Gold Member
« Reply #14 on: May 14, 2012, 01:06:58 PM »
It was difficult losing my birth mother at 16 and then my "Mom" who was my guardian after my birth Mom died when I was 31. They were both in there forties. Way too young! Now my little guy is 3 and I am close to the age they passed ... it is scary. I don't have a choice but, I pray I am here long enough just to know he is OK. Of course I want great great great great grandbabies but, being an "older" Mom and with the young deaths on both sides of my family is scary.

The last three Mother's Days have been bitter sweet ... wish they were here to enjoy him but, he is a miracle baby (long story) so it has also been the best three Mother's Days of my life.

Grief is like the ocean; it comes on waves ebbing and flowing. Sometimes the water is calm, and sometimes it is overwhelming. All we can do is learn to swim.
~Vicki Harrison

Thanks Fugi! Good reminder and I am always grateful to hear life stories of our community.