Author Topic: Turtle Beach Z6A 5.1 Surround Sound  (Read 5381 times)

Offline Mar

• Gold Member
Turtle Beach Z6A 5.1 Surround Sound
« on: May 28, 2012, 02:06:03 AM »
I have a Sound Blaster Audigy SE and a Turtle Beach Z6A 5.1 surround sound headset.

The problem I'm having is when I try to test the surround sound with the Creative speaker settings by turning the subwoofer and front volume dials down on the headset and leave the center and surround at max I don't hear anything. I think this might have something do with the following: When I go to Control Panel>Hardware and Software>Manage Audio Devices, select Sound Blaster Audigy and click Configure, I can only choose Mono and Stereo audio channels.

Hopefully someone with a Turtle Beach headset will come by here, it might be easier to understand...
𝒻𝓇𝑜𝓂 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝓈𝒽𝒶𝒹𝑜𝓌𝓈 𝑜𝒻 𝓌𝒶𝓇'𝓈 𝓅𝒶𝓈𝓉 𝒶 𝒹𝑒𝓂𝑜𝓃 𝑜𝒻 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝒶𝒾𝓇 𝓇𝒾𝓈𝑒𝓈 𝒻𝓇𝑜𝓂 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝑔𝓇𝒶𝓋𝑒

"Onward to the land of kings要ia the sky of aces!"
  Oh, and zack1234 rules. :old:

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
Re: Turtle Beach Z6A 5.1 Surround Sound
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2012, 07:11:09 AM »
Somehow you dont have the correct drivers loaded. In order to get 5.1 the sound card must be in 5.1 mode. Maybe Windows update messed with your settings?
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2012, 09:30:45 AM »
My guess is that sound card isn't a real 5.1 surround card. The card on the site shows only 4 jacks on it. One is an input, and one is a mic, so that only leaves 2 for your speaker, front and rear. Mine has the extra jacks. My TurtleBeach head set has 4 jacks. One for the mic, and the others for speakers, and so does my sound card.

Offline TwinBoom

• Gold Member
      • 39th FS "Cobra In The Clouds"
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2012, 09:41:07 AM »
My guess is that sound card isn't a real 5.1 surround card. The card on the site shows only 4 jacks on it. One is an input, and one is a mic, so that only leaves 2 for your speaker, front and rear. Mine has the extra jacks. My TurtleBeach head set has 4 jacks. One for the mic, and the others for speakers, and so does my sound card.

Weird card might be a driver issue too , Never seen Jack setup like this , strange

I have the Audigy 2 ZS and here is my Jack arrangement

Have you selected 5.1 in the windows speaker arrangement?
« Last Edit: May 28, 2012, 09:49:43 AM by TwinBoom »
TBs Sounds 
39th FS "Cobra In The Clouds"NOSEART

Offline Mar

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2012, 01:00:37 PM »
 :bhead Drivers drivers drivers.

I was using the original drivers that shipped with the card. I was reluctant to get the latest ones because they disabled the record "What U Hear" function. I just installed the latest ones and now have full 5.1 surround sound, but no What U Hear. :cry

Thanks for the help guys. By the way, would any of you know a nice little program that can record what's coming out of my speakers/headset?

Offline Mar

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2012, 01:55:18 PM »
 :bhead :bhead :bhead

Nevermind. Post edited. Computers I tell you.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2012, 01:56:55 PM by Mar »

Offline TwinBoom

• Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2012, 01:56:41 PM »
:bhead Drivers drivers drivers.

I was using the original drivers that shipped with the card. I was reluctant to get the latest ones because they disabled the record "What U Hear" function. I just installed the latest ones and now have full 5.1 surround sound, but no What U Hear. :cry

Thanks for the help guys. By the way, would any of you know a nice little program that can record what's coming out of my speakers/headset?

Mp3 recording or what?
I use Sony sound forge
And Sony acid pro
but im sure there is cheaper options out there
TBs Sounds 

Offline TwinBoom

• Gold Member
« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2012, 01:58:39 PM »
:bhead :bhead :bhead

Now I get static as soon as I unmute the mic and it doesn't go away.

I need a new sound card. Anyone have a recommendation for a good 5.1 card?

System specs?
TBs Sounds 

Offline Mar

• Gold Member
« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2012, 02:51:49 PM »

System specs?

Screaming Bee was interfering, it's all good now.

As for recording, I'm looking for something that will record the sound exactly as I hear it. As far as I know MP3 is a downgrade in quality.

Offline Mar

• Gold Member
« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2012, 03:39:51 PM »
Computers I tell you.

Sorry for sounding like a broken record, but this sound card is giving me more headaches than I care to deal with at the moment. The new situation is I am unable to control the separate speaker volume levels from the sound card itself. The headset's bass is way too low, I have to increase the master volume and then fiddle with the rest of the dials for 5 minutes to get the right sound level, and I have to do it all over again if I happen to brush against them.

So I need a sound card that will allow me to get everything set just right and then not have to screw with it anymore.

So for system specs should I post a DxDiag?

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #10 on: May 29, 2012, 10:27:21 PM »
Get one of the better X-Fi Fatality cards. I suggest one with the front side hookups (Titanium Champion) but for 5.1 you are going to have to hook it up at the rear of the system anyway.

If all you need is a recording without editing then Roemer Software has Easy Hi-Q Recorder for $29.95. If you want to do editing then GoldWave is affordable at $50 for a lifetime or $19 for a year. Goldwave does some things better than even Sound Forge or Audition which both go for a lot more but it does not offer multi-track mixing. It also offers things like text-to-speech if you like that sort of thing. For top of the line editors (not the true top but for consumers) I would decide if you are going to do video editing first. If you use Sony Vegas then you will want Sound Forge. If you use Premiere then stick to Audition. Either package can get along with the other but there are some small and detailed issues when it comes to syncing that can get irritating.

And for the last little tidbit... if you do a lot of either sound or video editing do yourself a favor and do them on a second machine. Video especially will use up a lot of disc space but either one will do a lot of caching and load processes onto Windows that will be a problem when it comes time to play AH. Processes can be shutdown but the disc optimizations will be more of a problem.
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline Mar

• Gold Member
« Reply #11 on: May 30, 2012, 01:40:46 AM »
I'm not into editing right now, but I will remember that advice if/when I do get into it.

That sound card is pricey, would it be worth it? Recently I was looking at this card: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16829132052

I don't need a super powerful card or anything, just one that lets me adjust the individual speaker volumes from within the system. In fact, if the blasted creative software would work correctly I wouldn't need a new one at all. So really all I need is something similar to the card I have now that is stable and reliable.

Offline zack1234

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #12 on: May 30, 2012, 05:40:00 AM »
My sound card broke so I used my graphics card HDMI for sound :)

my G35 headset is USB and is very good 7. 1 in game :)
There are no pies stored in this plane overnight

The GFC
Pipz lived in the Wilderness near Ontario

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #13 on: May 30, 2012, 05:41:37 PM »
Mar... my opinion is that the headset you have is a gimmick and that it will never truly do what you are looking for. Just the same... that Xonar card compared to the Fatality I suggested is like listening to a recording made from a webcam (think youtube) compared to CD quality (think cable television). The only reason I mark the Fatality down to CD quality is due to the limits of the input sounds for games like AH. However the Xonar is just a noisy card. If you really set your sights that low then go for it. I think at some point you will want better so I cant recommend it for the waste of cash it is.

Offline Mar

• Gold Member
« Reply #14 on: May 31, 2012, 01:25:44 AM »
I see. Well, looks like I have some saving to do then. :)

Thanks Chalenge.