Author Topic: Turtle Beach Z6A 5.1 Surround Sound  (Read 5404 times)

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
Re: Turtle Beach Z6A 5.1 Surround Sound
« Reply #15 on: May 31, 2012, 10:59:39 PM »
I should point out that the reason I mentioned Easy Hi-Q is because it can be set on a timer. Its possible to preset a streaming channel to record but I have always taken the safer path of leaving the streaming content active and rely only on the timer. So then you just tell it at what interval you want the track count to increment (say every 7 minutes) and then each segment will be 7 minutes long and you can also tell it to record for 3hrs. 4 minutes or whatever.

I own and use all four programs I suggested the larger portion of my use being with Audition because it can be used directly with Premiere. I use Goldwave for converting to MP3 because the LAME encoder supports a greater range of bit rates (non-standard bit rates). Any sound that doesnt loop in AH can be converted to MP3 but the standard bit rates are non-customary to AH. Since MP3s are smaller they load much more quickly and might take up less memory space (it would take a programmer to confirm that one) but certainly use less disk space. MP3s will not loop or didnt in my tests without a hesitation appearing.
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline roffi

• Zinc Member
« Reply #16 on: June 02, 2012, 04:24:50 PM »
I have ZA6 and SG X-FI titanium, works great.

Offline lyric1

• Skinner Team
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #17 on: September 23, 2012, 01:04:38 PM »
Cheap crap has broken after only a few months of use don't buy.

Offline LCAMerciful

• Copper Member
« Reply #18 on: September 23, 2012, 01:25:09 PM »
Cheap crap has broken after only a few months of use don't buy.

I see you've replied to every post with "Z6A" in it.  You seem a bit bitter.  How about you offer a little more information other than "cheap crap" about your personal experiences with this hardware.  Otherwise really your posts look like nothing more than spam...

Offline lyric1

• Skinner Team
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #19 on: September 23, 2012, 08:11:46 PM »
I see you've replied to every post with "Z6A" in it.  You seem a bit bitter.  How about you offer a little more information other than "cheap crap" about your personal experiences with this hardware.  Otherwise really your posts look like nothing more than spam...

First off your ears will turn blue for the first few weeks of use from the Dye rubbing off on your skin.

After only 8 months of use the adjustable bracket has broken clean in half in two places on both ear muffs & all that is holding on each muff is the electric wire.

We will see how good Turtle Beach is on the warranty?

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #20 on: September 25, 2012, 01:05:33 AM »
lyric i think there's more threads out there with z6a headset on them you gonna revive all of them?  I understand z6a headset arent what they used to be, we all know it, we've seen the reviews.  but seriously dood, you are asking for a few weeks ban.  we understand you are mad at the manufacture but why take it out on us?

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline RngFndr

• Nickel Member
« Reply #21 on: September 25, 2012, 07:26:32 AM »
Actually, I almost purchased a set of Z6A's, didn't because of reading these complaints..

Offline Mar

• Gold Member
« Reply #22 on: September 25, 2012, 11:18:35 AM »
Actually, I almost purchased a set of Z6A's, didn't because of reading these complaints..

Good thing too, mine actually snapped within a month. The plastic they used was worse than peanut brittle.
𝒻𝓇𝑜𝓂 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝓈𝒽𝒶𝒹𝑜𝓌𝓈 𝑜𝒻 𝓌𝒶𝓇'𝓈 𝓅𝒶𝓈𝓉 𝒶 𝒹𝑒𝓂𝑜𝓃 𝑜𝒻 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝒶𝒾𝓇 𝓇𝒾𝓈𝑒𝓈 𝒻𝓇𝑜𝓂 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝑔𝓇𝒶𝓋𝑒

"Onward to the land of kings—via the sky of aces!"
  Oh, and zack1234 rules. :old:

Offline cattb

• Silver Member
« Reply #23 on: September 26, 2012, 06:44:39 PM »

See the warranty 1 year parts and 0 year labor. they don't believe in thier own product.
:Salute Easy8 EEK GUS Betty

Offline ozrocker

• Gold Member
« Reply #24 on: October 12, 2012, 12:19:58 PM »
Mar... my opinion is that the headset you have is a gimmick and that it will never truly do what you are looking for. Just the same... that Xonar card compared to the Fatality I suggested is like listening to a recording made from a webcam (think youtube) compared to CD quality (think cable television). The only reason I mark the Fatality down to CD quality is due to the limits of the input sounds for games like AH. However the Xonar is just a noisy card. If you really set your sights that low then go for it. I think at some point you will want better so I cant recommend it for the waste of cash it is.
  I have a Turtle Beach X12 set. Believe me, no gimmick with the sound quality.

:cheers: Oz
Flying and dying since Tour 29
The world is grown so bad. That wrens make prey where eagles dare not perch.- Shakespeare

30% Disabled Vet  US ARMY- 11C2H 2/32 AR. 3rd AD, 3/67AR. 2nd AD, 2/64 AR. 3rd ID, ABGD Command TRADOC, 1/16th INF. 1st ID

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #25 on: October 12, 2012, 12:33:22 PM »
  I have a Turtle Beach X12 set. Believe me, no gimmick with the sound quality.

:cheers: Oz

I think you missed the point about surround sound which your headset does not even pretend to have. Lets see how you feel about that headset in another year.
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #26 on: October 12, 2012, 04:08:19 PM »
I think you missed the point about surround sound which your headset does not even pretend to have. Lets see how you feel about that headset in another year.

Another year? That will make 4 years for mine, and even tho I've only used them for 3 so far they are still awesome!

Offline TwinBoom

• Gold Member
      • 39th FS "Cobra In The Clouds"
« Reply #27 on: October 12, 2012, 05:03:42 PM »
Another year? That will make 4 years for mine, and even tho I've only used them for 3 so far they are still awesome!

hehe you cant tell knowitalls  :D
TBs Sounds 
39th FS "Cobra In The Clouds"NOSEART

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #28 on: October 12, 2012, 05:48:46 PM »

So which is it? You have Z6A or X12? You keep changing your story to suit the current comments is that it?

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #29 on: October 12, 2012, 05:54:46 PM »
hehe you cant tell knowitalls  :D

Its called experience Mr Infringer! I like a lot of people have purchased turtle beach junk in the past. I wont ever again. Its all cheaply built poorly designed and in the case of their surround sound headphones a gimmick. Lyrics experience backs up my critique precisely.

Today you can find many sites on the Internet that confirm precisely what we have said. My claim is that any site that goes along with your ascertain that the sound is so wonderful are taking hardware from the manufacturer and are therefore biased.