Author Topic: Choose the next Map?  (Read 1741 times)

Offline Babalonian

• Platinum Member
      • Pigs on the Wing
Re: Choose the next Map?
« Reply #30 on: June 08, 2012, 02:26:34 PM »
OzKansas Trinity, and the smaller TT map are my 3 favorite maps in the whole game...dunno what you guys are on about lol

Why are they your favorite, RedBull?
-Babalon
"Let's light 'em up and see how they smoke."
POTW IIw Oink! - http://www.PigsOnTheWing.org

Wow, you guys need help.

Offline RedBull1

• Gold Member
« Reply #31 on: June 09, 2012, 08:38:16 PM »
Plain and Simple.
Ozkansas always has Epic TT fights, as well as the smaller TT map...along with great GV fights! and Trinity has 135, 20 v 20 GV fights of pure epicness (when it's not totally camped) also trinity still has a lot of great choke points making for great furballs!  :aok
"There is absolutely no point discussing anything on the BBS, it's mostly populated by people who are right about everything, no one listens and everyone is just talking. People will argue over the shape of an egg." -Anonymous

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #32 on: June 09, 2012, 09:07:57 PM »
clear the rotation cache once the cycle is complete to allow for the next voted map to be chosen

when you have the same maps and you vote on the next one and it cannot repeat then it's the same as if all the maps were on rotation.  but with the only exception is that the bishops would roll one map and pick the next easy map to roll it again in a couple of hours.  so basically they would get another win.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline 321BAR

• Platinum Member
« Reply #33 on: June 10, 2012, 02:44:16 PM »
when you have the same maps and you vote on the next one and it cannot repeat then it's the same as if all the maps were on rotation.  but with the only exception is that the bishops would roll one map and pick the next easy map to roll it again in a couple of hours.  so basically they would get another win.

semp
you missed my point. if this idea was put into place there are only two things to make it fair. a full vote of all 3 countries and that once rotation is complete for all maps the cache is cleared as to allow a vote for all the maps again as to never repeat the same map until all maps are through the cycle. aka you can choose the maps until the last is there then that is autoplayed and the cycle repeats. its not the same as the cycle now is continuous and repetitive. each map is rotated in and out until the cycle is completed. if a voting system as i said was implemented this cycle becomes dynamic as the players choose the rotation until the cycle is complete
I am in need of a new epic quote
Happy Jack's Go Buggy

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #34 on: June 10, 2012, 04:27:06 PM »
you missed my point. if this idea was put into place there are only two things to make it fair. a full vote of all 3 countries and that once rotation is complete for all maps the cache is cleared as to allow a vote for all the maps again as to never repeat the same map until all maps are through the cycle. aka you can choose the maps until the last is there then that is autoplayed and the cycle repeats. its not the same as the cycle now is continuous and repetitive. each map is rotated in and out until the cycle is completed. if a voting system as i said was implemented this cycle becomes dynamic as the players choose the rotation until the cycle is complete

but you still have the same maps, just in a different rotation.

semp

Offline 321BAR

• Platinum Member
« Reply #35 on: June 10, 2012, 07:27:05 PM »
but you still have the same maps, just in a different rotation.

semp
point? make one then. different subject entirely
Happy Jack's Go Buggy

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #36 on: June 11, 2012, 01:30:06 AM »
point? make one then. different subject entirely

the point is that there's no point.  either way we get to play the same maps, just in a different rotation.  so what exactly is the point of coding a vote.  only advantage would be if the winner gets to pick as they will chose the next easiest map to roll.

bar surprise you havent figure out that one yet.

semp

Offline 321BAR

• Platinum Member
« Reply #37 on: June 11, 2012, 08:29:35 AM »
the point is that there's no point.  either way we get to play the same maps, just in a different rotation.  so what exactly is the point of coding a vote.  only advantage would be if the winner gets to pick as they will chose the next easiest map to roll.

bar surprise you havent figure out that one yet.

semp
did you not read my statement? the winner gets nothing but a part in the vote like all the others. that stops any possibility of cheesy (we get to roll another BS). You think there's only one way to do a vote and its incorrect. second semp, youd be surprised who would vote for which maps and i for one hate the current rotation and would actively vote for two certain maps that some wouldnt favor (maybe others would?). fourth either way i dont care because ill still be playing as i put my 2cents in on this to discuss the idea.

5th there is a point. surprised you havent figured it out yet ;)
« Last Edit: June 11, 2012, 08:31:27 AM by 321BAR »
Happy Jack's Go Buggy

Offline RTHolmes

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #38 on: June 11, 2012, 09:38:40 AM »
semp is right - what you suggest will still be a rotation of the same maps, except the most popular ones will be at the beginning and the most unpopular at the end of the rotation, rather than them being in random order. if anything this would be worse.
71 (Eagle) Squadron

What most of us want to do is simply shoot stuff and look good doing it - Chilli

Offline 321BAR

• Platinum Member
« Reply #39 on: June 11, 2012, 12:06:46 PM »
semp is right - what you suggest will still be a rotation of the same maps, except the most popular ones will be at the beginning and the most unpopular at the end of the rotation, rather than them being in random order. if anything this would be worse.
then tada you'll know by popular vote which to replace (instead of just believing they are the worst) by.... hmm.... maps people make?
Happy Jack's Go Buggy

Offline Babalonian

• Platinum Member
      • Pigs on the Wing
« Reply #40 on: June 11, 2012, 04:44:18 PM »
Plain and Simple.
Ozkansas always has Epic TT fights, as well as the smaller TT map...along with great GV fights! and Trinity has 135, 20 v 20 GV fights of pure epicness (when it's not totally camped) also trinity still has a lot of great choke points making for great furballs!  :aok

Well, for the same reason you like OzKansas, I dislike it - however I am also fond of the mega-fight effort over TT....  see, what I see is a massive map (20x20 sectors?), with barely 2-square sectors of "good" and over 198 of... well "can be utilised better".  Nobody cares about the 198 sectors... well, they do "care", but they "care" about the single one in the middle 20-times more.

Same arguement can be made for Trinity, the horde battles get prety epic there and can be a blast, however no progress on the map can not be made when you have one enemy horde to work against, and a firendly horde not very interested in working with you.

If you think about it, what you like the most can and very likely will still continue to happen in this game, even if these two maps are changed or removed.  But if you don't think so, please elaborate.
-Babalon
"Let's light 'em up and see how they smoke."
POTW IIw Oink! - http://www.PigsOnTheWing.org

Wow, you guys need help.