Author Topic: who is the numer 1 squad  (Read 8338 times)

Offline Noir

• Platinum Member
Re: who is the numer 1 squad
« Reply #75 on: June 17, 2012, 11:22:30 AM »
Apologies for being insultant earlier but don't belittle people trying to survive, often suiciding in a 1V1 is the easiest way.

Also we may need to order a modified canopy for titan's 109, as his head inflated quite a lot lately  :angel:
now posting as SirNuke

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #76 on: June 17, 2012, 11:24:06 AM »
running to a friendly is not good for kills/hour

running to an enemy and pick him while he's unaware is good tho  :D

"Chasing" sucks too. After a long day of yard work I got on to fly even tho I was wiped out. I took three flights, and spent over an hour chasing buffs, and high cons that would run away once you equalized the "E". 3 flights, 3 deaths, logged for the night.

Offline Noir

• Platinum Member
« Reply #77 on: June 17, 2012, 11:26:58 AM »
"Chasing" sucks too. After a long day of yard work I got on to fly even tho I was wiped out. I took three flights, and spent over an hour chasing buffs, and high cons that would run away once you equalized the "E". 3 flights, 3 deaths, logged for the night.

Lately I took a month break, when I came back I decided to fly turny planes a little bit...I spent 3 sorties chasing shadows, then I took a late war speedster again. You get a lot more action with a fast plane, but have less means to defeat them 1V1.
now posting as SirNuke

Offline titanic3

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #78 on: June 17, 2012, 11:34:32 AM »
Apologies for being insultant earlier but don't belittle people trying to survive, often suiciding in a 1V1 is the easiest way.

Also we may need to order a modified canopy for titan's 109, as his head inflated quite a lot lately  :angel:

You could try to deflate it next time we run into each other.  :aok Assuming it's just you and not the rest of your squad joining in too.  :airplane:
Maybe you won't overshoot a deadstick plane and eat a tater in the butt next time.  :devil

the game is concentrated on combat, not on shaking the screen.

semp

Offline Noir

• Platinum Member
« Reply #79 on: June 17, 2012, 11:38:25 AM »
You could try to deflate it next time we run into each other.  :aok Assuming it's just you and not the rest of your squad joining in too.  :airplane:
Maybe you won't overshoot a deadstick plane and eat a tater in the butt next time.  :devil

This dora is quite different from my usual P51, my gunnery is a bit shaky  :old:
now posting as SirNuke

Offline ebfd11

• Platinum Member
      • [b]POTW[/b]
« Reply #80 on: June 17, 2012, 06:48:46 PM »
I want to see a chart on how many charts were made up and what they were used for... :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:
PIGS ON THE WING 3RD WING

InGame id: LawnDart
RIP Skullman Potzie and BentNail

Offline SlipKnt

• Gold Member
« Reply #81 on: June 17, 2012, 06:54:09 PM »
I don't think we are the BEST squad (G3-MF)...

...BUT...

...We are all good lookin' and especially well hung!!!!

:rock
DCS:
SlipKnoT
vCSG-3, VMA-513 Flying Nightmares (AV8B)

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #82 on: June 17, 2012, 09:14:08 PM »
Score is worthless.
Also there is no best squad. There are "best people" tho, and they are those who give me fun fights, either i win or lose. Yea semp, you got it, a good fight isnt about pony picknrunning, you know... Yes, the TG has many member who are definiately good fights, also some who arent, but idc since the "fight instead of run to buddies" ones in a large majority there.
Nice troll thread again semp, you can be proud.

so what exactly makes me a troll for posting this question?

"so the question that comes to mind in this discussion is what make you think your squad is the best.  in your own words.  what is it that makes your squad the #1?.  the score thing, the fun of flying, the drunkness, the joking around.  seriously what makes you think you are in the best squad?."

I have seen many people answer to the thread but so far I ahve only seen 2 people try to explain why they like their squad.

so does anybody have any idea why they like their own squad?  to me being the #1 squad has nothing to do with score but more to do with fun.  that is the ultimate goal after all.  but the definition of "fun" is different for each individual.  that's why I posted the question and yet few have even attempted to answer it.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #83 on: June 17, 2012, 09:23:31 PM »

"so the question that comes to mind in this discussion is what make you think your squad is the best.  in your own words.  what is it that makes your squad the #1?.  the score thing, the fun of flying, the drunkness, the joking around.  seriously what makes you think you are in the best squad?."

I have seen many people answer to the thread but so far I ahve only seen 2 people try to explain why they like their squad.

so does anybody have any idea why they like their own squad?  to me being the #1 squad has nothing to do with score but more to do with fun.  that is the ultimate goal after all.  but the definition of "fun" is different for each individual.  that's why I posted the question and yet few have even attempted to answer it.

semp
I have plenty of reasons why I like my squad. I don't have to explain why I fly the way I fly to anyone of them because we all get each other.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=endscreen&v=kCDk6J7AKUg&NR=1

Offline A8TOOL

• Silver Member
      • http://fdrs.org/banking_history.html
« Reply #84 on: June 17, 2012, 09:24:55 PM »
I don't think we are the BEST squad (G3-MF)...

...BUT...

...We are all good lookin' and especially well hung!!!!

:rock

I had no idea we had a homoerotic squad in AH. Is G3-MF code for anything? Anyway,  thanks for the warning. :aok  :rofl

Best squad in AH could be determined by many factors, one of them not being the size of a squad but more it's character and the ability to work well with others.

It's my opinion that the best squads come from a team oriented type environment...normally that would mean base takers but why not a fighter or bomber group?

Reason: They don't do it all

In order to be the best you must be able to do it all and do it with class.
Fight, bomb, jabo, tank. gun and goon. Your interests are inline with countries interest as well.

1 Example might be: The best squads not only look out for themselves but others. sometimes that mean resupplying a base, de-acking a field or removing a CV threat or organizing a fighter sweep so as not to loose a particular area.

Offline Midway

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #85 on: June 17, 2012, 09:26:58 PM »

semp

Just ignore it semp, I get accused of trolling all the time.   :rolleyes:

Can't hardly say "Hi" without someone screaming "TROLL!"  :huh

PARADISE ON EARTH  ------->  http://www.youtube.com/v/g_D4RhfCY2M&autoplay=1&hd=1&fs=1   <-------  PARADISE ON EARTH :)

Offline Butcher

• Platinum Member
« Reply #86 on: June 17, 2012, 09:28:32 PM »

semp

367th and Top Gun struck me as some of the most fun squads in the game, the personalities is my main reason for putting them up front, the different personalities you deal with every day to come together and have fun.
I could break down each of their personalities in a word or two and none of it would be bad what so ever, I don't see ego's in game, rather some might precieve it on the BBS when talking to a person individually its not the case.
You put 30 different personalities from all around the world to fly in a game is damn right fun. I've flown my share of squads, I wouldn't say there are many that have such a deep broad range of personalities.

JG 52

Offline DrBone1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #87 on: June 17, 2012, 09:35:13 PM »
I have plenty of reasons why I like my squad. I don't have to explain why I fly the way I fly to anyone of them because we all get each other.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=endscreen&v=kCDk6J7AKUg&NR=1
:rofl
=The Damned=
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n6jjnCoBobc
I see DrBone has found a new Sith apprentice. Good, good, let the hate flow through you.  :devil
Move up, move over, or move aside.  Simple kombat 101.

Offline ebfd11

• Platinum Member
      • [b]POTW[/b]
« Reply #88 on: June 17, 2012, 09:56:32 PM »
Just ignore it semp, I get accused of trolling all the time.   :rolleyes:

Can't hardly say "Hi" without someone screaming "TROLL!"  :huh

TROLLLLL LOLOL

LawnDart
PIGS ON THE WING 3RD WING

InGame id: LawnDart
RIP Skullman Potzie and BentNail

Offline titanic3

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #89 on: June 17, 2012, 09:57:58 PM »
367th and Top Gun struck me as some of the most fun squads in the game, the personalities is my main reason for putting them up front, the different personalities you deal with every day to come together and have fun.
I could break down each of their personalities in a word or two and none of it would be bad what so ever, I don't see ego's in game, rather some might precieve it on the BBS when talking to a person individually its not the case.
You put 30 different personalities from all around the world to fly in a game is damn right fun. I've flown my share of squads, I wouldn't say there are many that have such a deep broad range of personalities.

Oooooh ooh , do me! Me me me me!

the game is concentrated on combat, not on shaking the screen.

semp