Author Topic: New staged missions.  (Read 11559 times)

Offline Trukk

• Nickel Member
Re: New staged missions.
« Reply #120 on: June 21, 2012, 06:18:33 PM »
I don't think so. Who ever made the custom arena is the CM and should be able to do it.
Ah, I hope you're right!

Offline Mister Fork

• AvA Staff Member
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #121 on: June 21, 2012, 07:06:27 PM »
Ah, I hope you're right!
Quote from: Hitech
These missions can then be played in the custom host arenas, or the special events arenas. (all arenas are capable but CM privileges are needed to load one.) The AI fills the mission spots that players do not
The SEA and custom arena's will be capable...I'm hoping HTC extends this into the AvA as it's closely tied to the SEA.
"Games are meant to be fun and fair but fighting a war is neither." - HiTech

Offline JOACH1M

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #122 on: June 21, 2012, 07:13:25 PM »
Wow, you really are a bit grumpy lately.

He's probably on his period.
FEW ~ BK's ~ AoM
Focke Wulf Me / Last Of The GOATS 🐐
ToC 2013 & 2017 Champ
R.I.P My Brothers <3

Offline morfiend

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #123 on: June 21, 2012, 09:03:29 PM »
The SEA and custom arena's will be capable...I'm hoping HTC extends this into the AvA as it's closely tied to the SEA.

I have a sneaking suspision this will happen,you have CM prives and it takes a CM to make it happen. The only place I dont see it is the mains,unless Hitech and company deciede to treat us to something special,like at Xmas etc.

I hope the trainers will be able to use this feature,would be nice to setup some AI drones to help new players.

:salute

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #124 on: June 21, 2012, 10:14:46 PM »
I don't think so. Who ever made the custom arena is the CM and should be able to do it.

Correct.
HiTech

Offline daddog

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.332nd.org
« Reply #125 on: June 21, 2012, 11:03:54 PM »
These missions can then be played in the custom host arenas, or the special events arenas. (all arenas are capable but CM privileges are needed to load one.) The AI fills the mission spots that players do not .

So it would be possible to have a missions where most bombers are flown by AI in a scenario.

Since AI is now available we also have added a reconnect ability.
If you disco, an AI will fly your plane for a period of time until you return or the time runs out.
:cheers: Best news I have read in a while. :) This is really going to open things up for Special Events!   :aok
Noses in the wind since 1997
332nd Flying Mongrels
daddog
Knowing for Sure

Offline Chilli

• Platinum Member
« Reply #126 on: June 22, 2012, 03:29:16 AM »
Now that we have been delightfuly surprised and warned of the new GPU demanding eyecandy. How many of you will sign up with the "Cut HiTech and Pyro some Slack Club" when those reflections eat our FPS during regular game play?

Climber,

We are circling a reflective plastic canopy that has never existed in Aces High before now. Go offline and pull up a fighter on the runway. Turn on all the graphics bells and whistles if you have them shut off to improve your FPS online. F3 and look at the canopy from different directions. No shiney glossy sheens and mirror like object reflections.

Wonder what it will be like to up into a 40 plane hoard base take with everything turned on after the next release?

Stutter, stutter, HuH, stutter, HuH, dern where'd that come from, stutter, freeze, stutter, freeze, tower...HuH what??

Yes, Bustr is right.  Anyone who bought a computer in the last year or upgraded will think they can run everything maxed out, and then complain about how terrible the coad is.  What they don't know that I have discovered, is that I can keep my graphics and eye candy limited while in game, film my flight and turn the eye candy on later before I enter filmviewer.

I get the best of both worlds.  :aok

And even though I was pointed to this thread to read about the possibility of AI entering the Custom Arenas, the reflection of the #2 engine was the first thing that caught my eye.  The new glass reflections are even more exciting.  I am expecting this to also include reflective surfaces on the planes which already have mirrors in place?????

Nice work folks!! See even FiFi was curious to take a peek.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2012, 03:32:08 AM by Chilli »

Offline Bruv119

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #127 on: June 22, 2012, 05:56:22 AM »
Since AI is now available we also have added a reconnect ability.
If you disco, an AI will fly your plane for a period of time until you return or the time runs out.

very interesting!   :aok

i'm guessing they fly straight and level  and not the dangerous level 10 aimbot.
The Few ***
F.P.H

Offline Noir

• Platinum Member
« Reply #128 on: June 22, 2012, 06:25:07 AM »
Getting roped? Disco and let the bot with 10% less weight get the kill  :D
now posting as SirNuke

Offline Mister Fork

• AvA Staff Member
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #129 on: June 22, 2012, 10:42:56 AM »
hitech: quetion for you - if you join the SEA/AvA and a mission is up, can you join in and take over the spot of an AI pilot?

Offline Trukk

• Nickel Member
« Reply #130 on: June 22, 2012, 11:02:25 AM »
Correct.
HiTech
Great! :aok

The current custom arenas are limited to 16 players, with the AI will it still be 16 max (human or AI) or 16 players plus AI?

Offline Mister Fork

• AvA Staff Member
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #131 on: June 22, 2012, 12:06:59 PM »
Great! :aok

The current custom arenas are limited to 16 players, with the AI will it still be 16 max (human or AI) or 16 players plus AI?
Logic would be 16 players, limitless AI.  If you're in the SEA or AvA, sky's the limit.

Offline Midway

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #132 on: June 22, 2012, 12:12:26 PM »
So does this mean AI fighters to practice against?    Did you map top pilot's fighting styles to create real challenges?  Did my earlier wish come true? :x

PARADISE ON EARTH  ------->  http://www.youtube.com/v/g_D4RhfCY2M&autoplay=1&hd=1&fs=1   <-------  PARADISE ON EARTH :)

Offline Mister Fork

• AvA Staff Member
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #133 on: June 22, 2012, 12:43:07 PM »
It means a lot of things. But we also need to temper the gameplay of scripted AI flights so that people can actually engage them.  Nothing causes slide shows better than a swarm of buffs on older PC's.

Of course, it could give you an excuse to show the supreme being (wifie) that your PC is outdated and needs  we hardware. :D

Offline Trukk

• Nickel Member
« Reply #134 on: June 22, 2012, 01:14:10 PM »
Logic would be 16 players, limitless AI.  If you're in the SEA or AvA, sky's the limit.
Woohoo!  Early war PTO campaign here we come!