Author Topic: Mentioning a couple things regarding KOTH.  (Read 627 times)

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
Mentioning a couple things regarding KOTH.
« on: July 22, 2012, 04:25:26 PM »
   First, and this should have been posted before last years TOC as it regards the plaque. Plaque costs are up, shipping costs are up however the price to play Aces High has remained constant and so is the reimbursement they give me for the plaque. Starting with last years TOC, the 2011 I switched to a smaller plaque with the no additional cost background. I am giving the TOC winner the opportunity to upgrade at their request if they pay the additional costs in US funds.
If they do upgrade I will not order the plaque until I have the cost for those upgrades in my possession. I do have a Paypal account or other means of getting the funds to me can be discussed.

At this time plaque background options are:
[1] Plaque background
Cherry, Black, N/C
Solid Walnut-$10
Mahogany-$10
Rosewood-$15

[2]Size:
7x9-N/C
8-10-$6
9-12-$12

Secondly, KOTH events are supposed to be fun for both the players in it and the CM hosting it. Lately the stress factor on the host CMs is on a disturbing trend upward. As Team Lead I am giving any member of this Team authority and support in making the event less stressful for the host CM. If you really don't like the way the event is run you certainly do not have to participate in it. Questioning or discussing many of the aspects of how it is run should be done here in the KOTH forum, not during the event where you turn into a distraction. KOTH always has been a player driven event, if the KOTH players want something changed and it makes sense and we can do it, we generally do try to do it. KOTH also has been an event where players watch through CM Eye and point out things to the host so they can look at it and see what is going on. After all, hosts only have two eyes, and too my knowledge Marty Feldman is not a host so we can only watch one thing or engagement at a time. If you do see something happen you think needs attention you should really point it out when it happens as opposed to complaining about it later on and saying the host didn't do anything. It is difficult to do anything about something like that after the fact when you never saw it or weren't aware it happened.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2012, 04:28:07 PM by fuzeman »
Far too many, if not most, people on this Board post just to say something opposed to posting when they have something to say.

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54