Author Topic: Climate change?  (Read 6612 times)

Offline NatCigg

• Gold Member
Re: Climate change?
« Reply #240 on: July 13, 2012, 10:20:53 AM »
climate change comes from large natural changes.  one giant volcano will dwarf all of what man has put into the air. 

All the C02 we are adding to air came from the air during the carboniferous period.  what was life like then? warm, humid, and the world supported the largest creatures EVER.
and i mean earth time ever. not just the 100 years we have been creating a record.

Worry about why people tell you what they do, not what they tell you to do. :old:

Offline RTHolmes

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #241 on: July 13, 2012, 02:55:55 PM »
If the consequences of AGW turned out to be free beer, almost everyone who posted here would believe it absolutely :D
71 (Eagle) Squadron

What most of us want to do is simply shoot stuff and look good doing it - Chilli

Offline GScholz

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #242 on: July 13, 2012, 02:58:48 PM »

In the wake of "Climategate" how can anyone take climate change at face value? Nobel laureate and other notable scientists resigning in protest, conspiracy, collusion in exaggerating warming data, possibly illegal destruction of embarrassing information, organised resistance to disclosure, manipulation of data, private admissions of flaws in their public claims and much more.

Actual emails leaked during the climategate scandal:

I’ve just completed Mike’s Nature trick of adding in the real temps to each series for the last 20 years (ie from 1981 onwards) amd from 1961 for Keith’s to hide the decline.

The fact is that we can’t account for the lack of warming at the moment and it is a travesty that we can’t. The CERES data published in the August BAMS 09 supplement on 2008 shows there should be even more warming: but the data are surely wrong. Our observing system is inadequate.

Can you delete any emails you may have had with Keith re AR4?
Keith will do likewise. He’s not in at the moment – minor family crisis.
Can you also email Gene and get him to do the same? I don’t have his new email address.
We will be getting Caspar to do likewise.

Phil and I have recently submitted a paper using about a dozen NH records that fit this category, and many of which are available nearly 2K back–I think that trying to adopt a timeframe of 2K, rather than the usual 1K, addresses a good earlier point that Peck made w/ regard to the memo, that it would be nice to try to “contain” the putative “MWP”, even if we don’t yet have a hemispheric mean reconstruction available that far back

This was the danger of always criticising the skeptics for not publishing in the “peer-reviewed literature”. Obviously, they found a solution to that–take over a journal! So what do we do about this? I think we have to stop considering “Climate Research” as a legitimate peer-reviewed journal. Perhaps we should encourage our colleagues in the climate research community to no longer submit to, or cite papers in, this journal. We would also need to consider what we tell or request of our more reasonable colleagues who currently sit on the editorial board…What do others think?”
“I will be emailing the journal to tell them I’m having nothing more to do with it until they rid themselves of this troublesome editor.”“It results from this journal having a number of editors. The responsible one for this is a well-known skeptic in NZ. He has let a few papers through by Michaels and Gray in the past. I’ve had words with Hans von Storch about this, but got nowhere. Another thing to discuss in Nice !

HOW CAN ANYONE TAKE CLIMATE SCIENCE AT FACE VALUE?

A Nobel laureate has quit one of the world's leading organisations for scientists in protest at its assertion that the evidence of damaging global warming is "incontrovertible".

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/earth/environment/climatechange/8786565/War-of-words-over-global-warming-as-Nobel-laureate-resigns-in-protest.html

NASA Gagging Policy: Climate Scientist Resigns over Controversy

http://co2insanity.com/2010/06/03/nasa-gagging-policy-climate-scientist-resigns-over-controversy/

Another ‘Top’ Global Warming Scientist Screams “It’s A Scam!!” -Top scientist resigns from post – admits Global Warming is a scam

http://redwhitebluenews.com/?p=7670

UN climate chief resignation call

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-11395194

Sunday Reflection: The collusion of the climate crowd

http://washingtonexaminer.com/sunday-reflection-the-collusion-of-the-climate-crowd/article/2501500

Rebuttal ignores 'Climategate'

http://www.clarionledger.com/article/20120619/OPINION02/206190308/Rebuttal-ignores-Climategate-?odyssey=mod%7Cnewswell%7Ctext%7COpinion%7Cp

Conclusion of series shows IPCC’s ­computer models fall way short

http://opinion.financialpost.com/2012/06/20/climate-reality-check/

Et cetera ad infinitum...
"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

Offline GScholz

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #243 on: July 13, 2012, 03:03:21 PM »
"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #244 on: July 13, 2012, 03:09:15 PM »
Oops...

Not bad,..not bad at all.  You have mellowed.  It is a good thing.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline RTHolmes

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #245 on: July 13, 2012, 03:11:55 PM »
so? the science has come under even greater scrutiny, and even more people are looking into it. our understanding has advanced. the practical result of climategate is that the science is better now than before. and still consensus (among those qualified) has hardened.
71 (Eagle) Squadron

What most of us want to do is simply shoot stuff and look good doing it - Chilli

Offline Puma44

• Platinum Member
« Reply #246 on: July 13, 2012, 03:14:10 PM »
So, 20,000 years or so ago during the Ice Age, the North American continent was mostly covered ice.  Since Al Gore and the rest of us experts weren't around then, what caused all that ice to go away?   :headscratch:

All gave some, Some gave all

Offline RTHolmes

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #247 on: July 13, 2012, 03:18:06 PM »
climate change.
71 (Eagle) Squadron

Offline VonMessa

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #248 on: July 13, 2012, 03:26:32 PM »
Braümeister und Schmutziger Hund von JG11

We are all here because we are not all there.

Offline Nathan60

• Platinum Member
« Reply #249 on: July 13, 2012, 03:27:30 PM »
So, 20,000 years or so ago during the Ice Age, the North American continent was mostly covered ice.  Since Al Gore and the rest of us experts weren't around then, what caused all that ice to go away?   :headscratch:
Mammoth Farts! Less plants to  pump out oxygen and absorb Carbon dixoide so the  Mammoth fart gasses(methane built up in the atmoshere) until the snows melted plants  and other photosythesising organisms sucked up the carbon and pumped out oxygen normalising temps  :old:
HamHawk
Wing III-- Pigs on The Wing
FSO--JG54
CHUGGA-CHUGGA, CHOO-CHOO
Pigs go wing deep

Offline SEraider

• Silver Member
« Reply #250 on: July 13, 2012, 03:27:58 PM »
See Rule #6

WooHoo, I can add Rule 6 to my signature.   :D

Just kidding Skuzzy.   :aok
* I am the embodiment of Rule #14
* History is only recent.
* Stick and Stones won't break my bones, but names could "hurt" me.

CO Screaming Eagles

Offline RTHolmes

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #251 on: July 13, 2012, 03:28:45 PM »
71 (Eagle) Squadron

Offline VonMessa

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #252 on: July 13, 2012, 03:33:08 PM »
it worked! :lol

Hey, I hope it gets colder.  I can save money on the electric bill by not having to use the fermentation fridge in the summer months  :rock
Braümeister und Schmutziger Hund von JG11

We are all here because we are not all there.

Offline Puma44

• Platinum Member
« Reply #253 on: July 13, 2012, 03:42:37 PM »
climate change.
Oh, since it wasn't our fault then, it isn't now?   :rolleyes:

All gave some, Some gave all

Offline RTHolmes

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #254 on: July 13, 2012, 03:52:26 PM »
Hey, I hope it gets colder.  I can save money on the electric bill by not having to use the fermentation fridge in the summer months  :rock

hmmmm ... the getting colder bit is what we really want to delay as long as possible :uhoh
71 (Eagle) Squadron