Author Topic: Climate change?  (Read 6607 times)

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
Re: Climate change?
« Reply #255 on: July 13, 2012, 04:06:28 PM »
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline zack1234

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #256 on: July 13, 2012, 04:43:14 PM »
we did :old:
There are no pies stored in this plane overnight

The GFC
Pipz lived in the Wilderness near Ontario

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #257 on: July 13, 2012, 04:46:17 PM »
Sheesh zack, you been poking people in this thread more than a rabbid daddy jack rabbit on a sugar high.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline RTHolmes

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #258 on: July 13, 2012, 04:46:58 PM »
what caused it?

well its a very complex dynamic system, so lots of inputs drive it.
71 (Eagle) Squadron

What most of us want to do is simply shoot stuff and look good doing it - Chilli

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #259 on: July 13, 2012, 05:09:09 PM »
well its a very complex dynamic system, so lots of inputs drive it.

what caused it if we weren't there to affect it? that's what i meant to say. 'cause considering humans are nothing more than a spec in the grand scheme of things, i still find it nearly impossible to believe.
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Babalonian

• Platinum Member
      • Pigs on the Wing
« Reply #260 on: July 13, 2012, 05:24:07 PM »
Is it 5pm yet?
-Babalon
"Let's light 'em up and see how they smoke."
POTW IIw Oink! - http://www.PigsOnTheWing.org

Wow, you guys need help.

Offline ghi

• Gold Member
« Reply #261 on: July 13, 2012, 06:29:49 PM »
For the record:

Yes, I do believe we are experiencing global climate change.
And No, I don't believe it's man made.

Regards,
Sun

U.S. declares drought-stricken states largest natural disaster area ever

The United States Department of Agriculture has declared natural disaster areas in more than 1,000 counties and 26 drought-stricken states, making it the largest natural disaster in America ever.

The declaration—which covers roughly half of the country—gives farmers and ranchers devastated by drought access to federal aid, including low-interest emergency loans.

"Agriculture remains a bright spot in our nation's economy," U.S. Agriculture Secretary Tom Vilsack said Wednesday while announcing the assistance program. "We need to be cognizant of the fact that drought and weather conditions have severely impacted farmers around the country.".............

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/lookout/us-natural-disaster-area-drought-150130308.html
Yep, we are going to pay more for food over next months/year;Corn prices already 45% , soybeans, 22% since June;
Drought stretches across America, threatens crops;
 from CNN;  http://www.cnn.com/2012/07/13/us/midwest-drought/index.html

Offline zack1234

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #262 on: July 14, 2012, 02:13:47 AM »
Sheesh zack, you been poking people in this thread more than a rabbid daddy jack rabbit on a sugar high.

I apologise its raining outside, been raining for weeks :cry

My garden is fantastic though, big problem is I have lots of pumpkins growing and I dont remember planting any :old:

There are no pies stored in this plane overnight

The GFC
Pipz lived in the Wilderness near Ontario

Offline RTHolmes

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #263 on: July 14, 2012, 05:49:54 AM »
what caused it if we weren't there to affect it? that's what i meant to say. 'cause considering humans are nothing more than a spec in the grand scheme of things, i still find it nearly impossible to believe.

thats one of the interesting features of complex dynamic systems, the tiniest of inputs can result in massive changes to the system. this is also the reason why its so fiendishly difficult to model.
71 (Eagle) Squadron

What most of us want to do is simply shoot stuff and look good doing it - Chilli

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #264 on: July 14, 2012, 07:48:47 AM »
thats one of the interesting features of complex dynamic systems, the tiniest of inputs can result in massive changes to the system. this is also the reason why its so fiendishly difficult to model.

soooo.....you're saying that no one knows?
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Melvin

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #265 on: July 14, 2012, 07:50:08 AM »
I apologise its raining outside, been raining for weeks :cry

My garden is fantastic though, big problem is I have lots of pumpkins growing and I dont remember planting any :old:

Pumpkin pie is fantastic.

:noid
See Rule #4

Offline RTHolmes

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #266 on: July 14, 2012, 07:52:01 AM »
soooo.....you're saying that no one knows?

no I'm not :)
71 (Eagle) Squadron

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #267 on: July 14, 2012, 08:00:16 AM »
no I'm not :)

thennnn....what you're saying, is that someone DOES know, but it doesn't align to the beliefs that they wish to put forth, thus they are pretending to not know.
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline eagl

• Platinum Member
« Reply #268 on: July 14, 2012, 08:11:42 AM »
The real problem with the climate change debate (and the problem with the expensive laws/regulations being passed) is that while *someone* is right about the whole thing, they don't know WHY they're right, they can't PROVE it, and any attempt to discuss it is either met with derision or accompanied with a call for everyone else to start paying for a "solution" that somehow just seems to be giving either the govt or certain out of work politicians all the money in return for pretty much nothing.

Even if Al Gore is RIGHT, nobody is going to listen to him because his approach is to say everyone else is trying to kill the planet and they should fork over billions of dollars, which he will be happy to help with in exchange for a small fee.  Even if the most skeptical of "denialists" is right, their arguments and rationale will never be considered because he will be instantly drowned out by insane charges that his attempt to think things through is really a desire to kill the planet, so the denialist should shut up and give money to... someone else... who will do... something nobody understands... with the money.

The answer is out there but it can't be proven yet and the discussion is drowned out by really stupid claims that everyone with an opposing conclusion is trying to destroy everything.  That has to be the stupidest claim on the planet but it sure seems to be the first argument used on a lot of topics (listing them and quoting people will of course violate rule #14)
Everyone I know, goes away, in the end.

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #269 on: July 14, 2012, 08:13:59 AM »
the answer is staring us in the face each and every day. we';re riding on the answer, and being kept warm by the answer. if one were to look back throughout history, one would notice a cycle.
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"