Author Topic: Win the War  (Read 995 times)

Offline 2DIE4

• Zinc Member
      • The Fighting 420th
Win the War
« on: July 09, 2012, 01:07:54 PM »
Are the settings for a win condition set in the map editor or are they in the arena settings somewhere. Thanks for the help guys....! :angel:
Smoke em if you can...!!!!

Offline jimson

• AvA Staff Member
  • Platinum Member
      • The Axis vs Allies Arena
Re: Win the War
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2012, 10:09:56 AM »
There are several settings related to that. Arena flags-random rotate and win changes terrain.
general-enemyfieldper and friendlyfieldper, resetairfieldcnt, resettotalfieldcnt.

There are also relating settings under stratflags.

Not likely to work in the custom arenas like it does in the MA.

Offline Chilli

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2012, 07:25:06 PM »
Yes, I have to agree with Jimson.  If the war is won, the fields would be able to reset in the Custom Arenas but I don't see anywhere possible to load multiple terrains to randomly select.  However, in the Axis Versus Allies or Special Events arenas that are hosted on the HTC servers, that possibility might exist.

The problem for the Axis Versus Allies and Special Events, has been the inability to control what field and field conditions will exist on the "next" terrain to load.  It works for the MA, because each map is configured with 3 countries and all planes enabled.  Possibly in the future new tools will be added to allow custom terrains and fields to be loaded in a predictable manner.  This would indeed present many opportunities for automated battle series.

As it is the folks in AvA, Special Events and Custom Arenas do an amazing job of creating very interesting gameplay components.  A player controlled series might actually be a 24 hour alternative to MA play.

Offline jimson

• AvA Staff Member
  • Platinum Member
      • The Axis vs Allies Arena
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2012, 10:34:19 PM »
I don't know if we can effect a terrain change or not.

One problem is that all terrains are loaded on the AvA server and we cannot list a specific series of terrains to rotate, so even if we enabled "win changes terrain" and it worked, it might load the training arena terrain next for all we know.

As Chilli mentioned, we also can't pin a custom field or plane configuration to a terrain for it to load automatically if it did reset.

I suspect there would be similar issues on the custom arena server.