Author Topic: Why am I not an awesome pilot yet?  (Read 11610 times)

Offline zack1234

• Plutonium Member
Re: Why am I not an awesome pilot yet?
« Reply #60 on: July 10, 2012, 03:19:23 PM »
I am Midways Friend :)
There are no pies stored in this plane overnight

The GFC
Pipz lived in the Wilderness near Ontario

Offline Ten60

• Copper Member
« Reply #61 on: July 10, 2012, 03:24:45 PM »
Do you think he gets up in the morning and plans this whole charade out, or just makes it up as he goes along?
"Maybe there are 5,000, maybe 10,000 Nazi bastards in their concrete foxholes before the Third Army. Now if Ike stops holding Monty's hand and gives me some supplies, I'll go through the Siegfried Line like %&# through a goose"

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #62 on: July 10, 2012, 03:39:56 PM »
When in my Spifire, and a bad guy comes along, alone, in whatever random aeroplane... I believe I will win the encounter roughly 95% of the time, maybe 90%.  

That's interesting. When I'm in my Nakajima, and a bad guy comes along, alone, in whatever random aeroplane... I don't think about winning or losing at all.

”It's a shame that he's gone, but the shame is entirely his”
HiTech 2 - Skyyr 0

Offline Midway

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #63 on: July 10, 2012, 03:41:47 PM »
That's interesting. When I'm in my Nakajima, and a bad guy comes along, alone, in whatever random aeroplane... I don't think about winning or losing at all.

who is more competitive :old:

PARADISE ON EARTH  ------->  http://www.youtube.com/v/g_D4RhfCY2M&autoplay=1&hd=1&fs=1   <-------  PARADISE ON EARTH :)

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #64 on: July 10, 2012, 03:46:26 PM »
who is more competitive :old:

Well I'm not sure what that means, and I have thought about it a lot.
”It's a shame that he's gone, but the shame is entirely his”
HiTech 2 - Skyyr 0

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #65 on: July 10, 2012, 03:54:53 PM »

previous winner of KOTH, is in the top 5% of active MA pilots:

I might have read this wrong but are you saying that people with a KOTH win are in the top 5% of all pilots?

If so, you are not right. Many good sticks do not like KOTH and therefore do not participate.

:salute
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline Midway

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #66 on: July 10, 2012, 04:04:13 PM »
I might have read this wrong but are you saying that people with a KOTH win are in the top 5% of all pilots?

If so, you are not right. Many good sticks do not like KOTH and therefore do not participate.

:salute

Agreed.  All I am saying is Debroby is a very good pilot, KOTH winning being one example, and I believe him to be in the top 5%.  Landing 10 MA victories in a G6 without rearms knowing he fought for them being another example plus my experience with him.  But that is just my opinion.

His SA and my ability to easily pick him needing work though.  Hey, we have something in common.  :banana:

PARADISE ON EARTH  ------->  http://www.youtube.com/v/g_D4RhfCY2M&autoplay=1&hd=1&fs=1   <-------  PARADISE ON EARTH :)

Offline Butcher

• Platinum Member
« Reply #67 on: July 10, 2012, 04:15:42 PM »
Flew king of the hill once, don't determine it to be a measure of skill.

Survive in FSO and land countless victories goes a long way, Main arena you deal with a handful of cons at a time, FSO you can deal with dozens at a time.

When you some how manage to live through waves of 109s, 110s, 190s and come out with 5 kills, then you are ok in my book.
JG 52

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #68 on: July 10, 2012, 04:18:03 PM »
I think the issue is that both of who's IQ are argueing with eachother most of the time.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Butcher

• Platinum Member
« Reply #69 on: July 10, 2012, 04:19:04 PM »
I think the issue is that both of who's IQ are argueing with eachother most of the time.

Forest Gump wins. Your argument is invalid.
JG 52

Offline SWkiljoy

• Nickel Member
« Reply #70 on: July 10, 2012, 04:26:20 PM »
I'm not sure you seek to be an awesome pilot as much as you seek notoriety, Midway.  While the former eludes you, the latter you have achieved in abundance.  Perhaps, having obtained what you truly desire, you're finding it difficult to accomplish what you claim to want.
+1  :aok

Proud member and Flight Leader of the 125th Spartan Warriors
<<S>> SWkiljoy

Offline Kingpin

• AH Training Corps
  • Silver Member
« Reply #71 on: July 10, 2012, 04:27:55 PM »

So you're saying these are the 1 v. 1's he claims he wins 95% the time...?

:lol
Quote from: bozon
For those of us playing this game for well over a decade, Aces High is more of a social club. The game just provides the framework. I keep logging in for the people and Pipz was the kind that you keep coming to meet again.

Offline Stampf

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #72 on: July 10, 2012, 04:35:19 PM »
What a bunch of suckers...   :lol

I love this thread!

:rofl

- Der Wander Zirkus -
- La Fabrica de Exitos -

Offline Max

• Platinum Member
« Reply #73 on: July 10, 2012, 05:05:04 PM »

Nuff said.

Offline Citabria

• Platinum Member
« Reply #74 on: July 10, 2012, 05:22:55 PM »
Noir,

At least in the real world I make a living fom the content of my walls of text. The denizins of this mad house make an interesting narrow slice social melting pot. At least "PA"(pathalogical altruism) is not a problem with internet game players. Nor thankfully here is "PN"(pathalogical narcasissm) from what I've seen. Just normal healthy irritating narcacism.
Who would stop trying if no one responded. You gents just like him too much not to play, along with it passes the time of day. You might change to calling him "who" instead of Midway and some of the steam would leave his roll.
"Who" give these guys a break.........even Levi likes you if he has bothered to post. I hope all of this isn't becasue of idle hands while on the government git. That can be really boring and lonely.

what do you do bustr? Personally I find every one of your posts devoid of any actual substance. you generally string together as many big words together for as many sentences as possible all the while saying almost nothing about anything.

do you work for politicians? saying that much nothing takes practice.
Fester was my in game name until September 2013