Author Topic: How do I attach a file to the forum post  (Read 444 times)

Offline Chilli

• Platinum Member
How do I attach a file to the forum post
« on: July 13, 2012, 06:03:06 PM »
I recall in a recent post, Skuzzy asked that this function be used instead of mediafire.  However, I don't have a clue on how to get any file attached.  That means it must be right below my nose  :D

Offline 100Coogn

• Gold Member
Re: How do I attach a file to the forum post
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2012, 07:35:46 PM »
In the Offline Mission thread, there is an option to attach files, no larger than 4 MB per file I believe.  If you go there and start a new topic, or reply to one, you will see the +Additional Options... selection at the bottom-left of the page.  From there you can add attachments. 
I don't see that option with the other forums.

Coogan
From Wiley: If you're hitting them after they drop, that's not defense, that is revenge.
Game Id's:
AHIII: Coogan
RDR2: Coogan_Bear
MSFS-2020: Coogan Bear

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2012, 08:52:59 AM »
I recall in a recent post, Skuzzy asked that this function be used instead of mediafire.  However, I don't have a clue on how to get any file attached.  That means it must be right below my nose  :D

Why not just send it to him as an attachment? Easy as pie.  [ No Lusche reference intended. ]
Far too many, if not most, people on this Board post just to say something opposed to posting when they have something to say.

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54

Offline RSLQK186

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2012, 11:54:26 AM »
Maybe wrong but the OP does not state that he intends to send something to Skuzzy. Only that he wants to attach something to a post.
Hacksaw- THE UNFORGIVEN
Founder- Special events contingent
"I'm very very sneaky"

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2012, 12:08:43 PM »
Attaching files to posts is only allowed in a few threads. As Coogan said, check the "additional Options" button in the "new massage" window. If the option is allowed on that thread, you'll have a box to use to browse to the file you wish to upload. If it is not allowed in that thread, the only other option is to have the file hosted some place else and provide a link to it in your post.

Offline Chilli

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2012, 06:18:03 PM »
Thank you very much everyone.  Yes Fugitive and Coogan have sent me on the right path.  It was one of those things that I never noticed until Skuzzy mentioned it.  Then  :headscratch: I couldn't find the option until help from this thread arrived.

I was thinking earlier, that it was either a priviledge or an option that I needed to set somewhere.  It turns out like those have posted, it only is present in certain forums.  It is rather a cool option and virus screened to boot (that is why I was looking to go around the hosting sites).

Offline 100Coogn

• Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2012, 09:11:37 PM »
Thank you very much everyone.  Yes Fugitive and Coogan have sent me on the right path.  It was one of those things that I never noticed until Skuzzy mentioned it.  Then  :headscratch: I couldn't find the option until help from this thread arrived.

I was thinking earlier, that it was either a priviledge or an option that I needed to set somewhere.  It turns out like those have posted, it only is present in certain forums.  It is rather a cool option and virus screened to boot (that is why I was looking to go around the hosting sites).

TY Chili.  I wasn't aware we could post links on some forums and not others, until your post.
Coogan
From Wiley: If you're hitting them after they drop, that's not defense, that is revenge.
Game Id's:
AHIII: Coogan
RDR2: Coogan_Bear
MSFS-2020: Coogan Bear