Author Topic: Joe Arpaio...at it again  (Read 2189 times)

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
Re: Joe Arpaio...at it again
« Reply #75 on: July 19, 2012, 09:22:39 AM »
then why specifically mention the 2:30 news conference?  what was that conference about?  if there was nothing political about it, I am pretty sure by now you would have posted what it was about.  you are hiding the fact that that conference was political, from skuzzy, and are claiming the "it wasnt about politics but about supporting your sherrif".

semp

Folks all across the country support an American willing to stand up to tyranny.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #76 on: July 19, 2012, 09:25:08 AM »
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Skilless

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
      • http://www.4remnants.com
« Reply #77 on: July 19, 2012, 09:27:43 AM »
From the article:

"Manuel Nieto and Velia Meraz, both of whom are U.S. citizens, will recount how they were pulled over and handcuffed at gunpoint in the middle of the day for no apparent reason other than that Meraz was singing along to Spanish-language music when they passed a deputy."

Really?  Is this what the officer that detained him put in his official report as probable cause?

I sincerely doubt it, especially if he wanted any possible prosecution to hold water in any court...

Another quote from same article:

"Some of the plaintiffs will likely describe how Arpaio's so-called crime sweeps in neighborhoods targeted Latinos for interrogation about their immigration status based on nothing more than their appearance."

Well, since Arizona does not share any borders with any Asian or African countries, this seems more logical than confronting Asians or Africans.   :headscratch:

Yet another:

"For example, a Latino motorist was stopped for failing to use a turn signal and jailed for 13 days for failing to provide proper identification, even though he provided multiple documents sufficient to satisfy Arizona law"

I always have my ID on me, even when naked.  It prevents mistaken identity problems.

Confused..  It's not illegal to drive without a license in Arizona?

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #78 on: July 19, 2012, 09:30:39 AM »
See Rule #14
« Last Edit: July 19, 2012, 10:09:43 AM by Skuzzy »
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #79 on: July 19, 2012, 09:32:20 AM »
My eyes are open, he's obviously playing off people's fears and prejudices to draw attention away from his own alleged crimes. 

It's not hard to see that it works perfectly on some people.

hehe you are definitely confused.
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline VonMessa

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #80 on: July 19, 2012, 09:38:38 AM »
Confused..  It's not illegal to drive without a license in Arizona?

You should be confused, since I did not say that anywhere, at any time.

Braümeister und Schmutziger Hund von JG11

We are all here because we are not all there.

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #81 on: July 19, 2012, 09:53:50 AM »
unless of course it's people like me who are expected to prove who we are at all times.

semp
bs

Offline Skilless

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #82 on: July 19, 2012, 09:54:12 AM »
You should be confused, since I did not say that anywhere, at any time.

well...  You certainly didn't not say that either.  I know here, in michigan, driving without a license is a serious, arrestable offense.  And it's a real pain for even a legitimate resident with a valid license to get a replacement fit a lost one.

Why are you against the enforcement of law?

Offline Skilless

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #83 on: July 19, 2012, 09:57:20 AM »
If a legal alien is required by law to carry with them at all times proof of their immigration status and photo id, would it not be reasonable for law enforcement to assume that those that do not comply are here illegally?

Offline VonMessa

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #84 on: July 19, 2012, 10:03:37 AM »
well...  You certainly didn't not say that either.  I know here, in michigan, driving without a license is a serious, arrestable offense.  And it's a real pain for even a legitimate resident with a valid license to get a replacement fit a lost one.

Why are you against the enforcement of law?

You missed the final statement in my post...

I always have my ID on me, even when naked.  It prevents mistaken identity problems.

I apologize that this statement wasn't graphic or vulgar enough to help prove the point that one should be able to positively identify one's self at any time.  Next time I will post a pic of my driver's license hanging from my Johnson...

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #85 on: July 19, 2012, 10:08:22 AM »
actually, if i'm not mistaken(and i may be) pa will and does issue drivers lisences to illegal residents. i seem to recall a customers employee(landscaper that doesn't come to me anymore after i got on his case about hiring those kinds of people) bragging to me that he can legally drive even though he's not legally here. he told me that when i asked him why his car was registered in pa when he lives in nj.
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline VonMessa

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #86 on: July 19, 2012, 10:33:11 AM »
actually, if i'm not mistaken(and i may be) pa will and does issue drivers lisences to illegal residents. i seem to recall a customers employee(landscaper that doesn't come to me anymore after i got on his case about hiring those kinds of people) bragging to me that he can legally drive even though he's not legally here. he told me that when i asked him why his car was registered in pa when he lives in nj.

Not unless he magically acquired a birth certificate or State-issued ID card before getting the license.

It is actually fairly difficult to get a driver's license in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania.

I had to bring 2 forms of ID just to get mine renewed and a new picture taken the last time it was about to expire.

Offline 1Boner

• Gold Member
« Reply #87 on: July 19, 2012, 10:54:08 AM »
Apparently you need a social security # to get a Drivers license in Pa. However it doesn't say that it would refuse the equivalent ITIN card that is issued to illegal workers.

http://immigration.findlaw.com/immigration-laws-and-resources/pennsylvania-state-immigration-laws.html
"Life is just as deadly as it looks"  Richard Thompson

"So umm.... just to make sure I have this right.  What you are asking is for the bombers carrying bombs, to stop dropping bombs on the bombs, so the bombers can carry bombs to bomb things with?"  AKP

Offline VonMessa

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #88 on: July 19, 2012, 11:13:07 AM »
Inherently strange, since I have not had to produce an actual S.S. card in over 15 years (since the # is on my license)

http://www.dmv.state.pa.us/pdotforms/fact_sheets/pub195us.pdf

Offline Rob52240

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
      • My AH Films
« Reply #89 on: July 19, 2012, 11:24:31 AM »
Inherently strange, since I have not had to produce an actual S.S. card in over 15 years (since the # is on my license)

http://www.dmv.state.pa.us/pdotforms/fact_sheets/pub195us.pdf

My Social Security card clearly states that it is not to be used as identification.
If I had a gun with 3 bullets and I was locked in a room with Bin Laden, Hitler, Saddam and Zipp...  I would shoot Zipp 3 times.