Author Topic: Hey guys!  (Read 69589 times)

Offline Dead Man Flying

• Platinum Member
Re: Hey guys!
« Reply #975 on: July 26, 2012, 12:48:11 PM »
Personally I think it is weak to troll your OWN squad and make them out to be fools in public decorum.

Nope, we never had that happen.  The BKs were a pretty tight ship.  We had a couple of folks who wound up not being a good fit, but we canned them (or they canned themselves) before it spiraled out of control.  The reason the squad "disappeared" is because we all sort of drifted away from the game generally.  No implosion, no fights, and nothing spectacular.  I still keep in touch with many of them, and Drex and I played World of Warcraft and now Star Wars: The Old Republic together.

We just sort of... faded away.

Offline Bruv119

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #976 on: July 26, 2012, 12:52:13 PM »
do you ever miss flying though Levi?    I've seen people come and go and was wondering what kills the addiction for good?  are these other games your playing more fun or was it because AH poses no more challenges for you?

the fact you still pop and post now again must mean that you haven't totally forgotten.
The Few ***
F.P.H

Offline Canspec

• Silver Member
« Reply #977 on: July 26, 2012, 12:56:01 PM »
Now that Zack is CO of TG2 I think we should also vote him for CO of the Muppets and The Few.......no better person to bring the world together......... :old:

PS....if any of the other CO's also have incontinence, I have a selection of corks with strings available for a good price....... :old:
« Last Edit: July 26, 2012, 12:58:06 PM by Canspec »
Gnat
The Kommando for FSO
AoM
Der Wander Zirkus
GFC

Offline Bruv119

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #978 on: July 26, 2012, 01:02:17 PM »
maybe your onto something tbear, 

With all 3 squads merged it would bring an end to drama as we know it.

How would Zack manage to control such a powerful force? 
The Few ***
F.P.H

Offline ACE

• Platinum Member
« Reply #979 on: July 26, 2012, 01:03:18 PM »
Easy make the colonials lower there mic settings :).
Sixth Tri-Annual Dueling Bracket Champion

The Few

-Spek

Offline JOACH1M

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #980 on: July 26, 2012, 01:09:28 PM »
maybe your onto something tbear, 

With all 3 squads merged it would bring an end to drama as we know it.

How would Zack manage to control such a powerful force? 
With pie!!
FEW ~ BK's ~ AoM
Focke Wulf Me / Last Of The GOATS 🐐
ToC 2013 & 2017 Champ
R.I.P My Brothers <3

Offline Mime

• Parolee
  • Copper Member
« Reply #981 on: July 26, 2012, 01:15:46 PM »
do you ever miss flying though Levi?    I've seen people come and go and was wondering what kills the addiction for good?  are these other games your playing more fun or was it because AH poses no more challenges for you?

the fact you still pop and post now again must mean that you haven't totally forgotten.

I can't speak for him entirely but a lot has to do with the game dynamic changing.  We thrived flying in a furball / ACM type situation, often times even numerical or without numerical advantage.  Situations with multiple enemies coming at you where you had to improvise quickly to create a firing solution and break off to engage another contact.    This is why both our kills per time were high back in 99-2005.  There was more intense fighter v fighter combat.  No one else comes close today to racking up consistent kill per time like we did back then.  Today the LWA environment does not nurture these types of fights.  

I was gone by late 2005 but I already had seen the change coming with the gameplay focus moving more towards strat and hording.  Today it's very rare to find fights like you had back then.  

NathBDP

Offline zack1234

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #982 on: July 26, 2012, 01:21:11 PM »
I would make everyone compete for power whilst being aloof, I would maintain internal struggles between factions and thus consoldate my position as supreme leader.

Bruv can be in charge of pie crusts and offal management.
There are no pies stored in this plane overnight

The GFC
Pipz lived in the Wilderness near Ontario

Offline Bruv119

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #983 on: July 26, 2012, 01:26:23 PM »
interesting points Mime / Nath,

I'm fortunate enough to usually play at times when there aren't the numbers in the arena for the horde to dictate to me where I can and cannot dogfight.  HiTech must have felt the same way when he split the main war arenas.   However it just meant the number imbalance between the three teams made the same localised hording just as bad and it is only natural for players to follow the path of least resistance.  

Now that we are back to one arena the gloves are off again and I think the only way to stop the large land grabbing missions is for there to be enough dogfighters to kill every mass mission that gets posted until they get so frustrated that the base takers start leaving or deciding that they will learn some ACM and have to kill there way to CAP and hold a base!  

The Few ***
F.P.H

Offline xbrit

• Silver Member
« Reply #984 on: July 26, 2012, 01:26:51 PM »
I can't speak for him entirely but a lot has to do with the game dynamic changing.  We thrived flying in a furball / ACM type situation, often times even numerical or without numerical advantage.  Situations with multiple enemies coming at you where you had to improvise quickly to create a firing solution and break off to engage another contact.    This is why both our kills per time were high back in 99-2005.  There was more intense fighter v fighter combat.  No one else comes close today to racking up consistent kill per time like we did back then.  Today the LWA environment does not nurture these types of fights.  

I was gone by late 2005 but I already had seen the change coming with the gameplay focus moving more towards strat and hording.  Today it's very rare to find fights like you had back then.  

NathBDP
To be honest I hear a lot of "The good old days" but having been there and still playing now I never noticed much change. All the dweebery that goes on now was happening then as well,
back then everyone was complaining about the BOP's land grabbing now it's the Vtards so no change apart from a squad name. We still had people running and HO'ing then same as now,
maybe it's because "we" started to get stale not the game play, ask a new player soon after he starts and he probably enjoys it as much as we did years ago.

Offline Bruv119

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #985 on: July 26, 2012, 01:28:44 PM »
Bruv can be in charge of pie crusts and offal management.

I'm glad that you would entrust me to carry out such important pie making duties.   :salute
The Few ***
F.P.H

Offline zack1234

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #986 on: July 26, 2012, 01:29:30 PM »
Do you want a invite to our forums Xbrit?
There are no pies stored in this plane overnight

The GFC
Pipz lived in the Wilderness near Ontario

Offline Mime

• Parolee
  • Copper Member
« Reply #987 on: July 26, 2012, 01:42:20 PM »
To be honest I hear a lot of "The good old days" but having been there and still playing now I never noticed much change. All the dweebery that goes on now was happening then as well,
back then everyone was complaining about the BOP's land grabbing now it's the Vtards so no change apart from a squad name. We still had people running and HO'ing then same as now,
maybe it's because "we" started to get stale not the game play, ask a new player soon after he starts and he probably enjoys it as much as we did years ago.

i'm sorry but as someone with 70 hours of gameplay and only 454 kills in Tour 51 your opinion on this matter is moot
« Last Edit: July 26, 2012, 01:46:45 PM by Mime »

Offline xbrit

• Silver Member
« Reply #988 on: July 26, 2012, 01:48:30 PM »
i'm sorry but as someone with 70 hours of gameplay and only 454 kills in Tour 55 your opinion on this matter is moot
So now only the elite are entitled to an opinion ? Sorry I was just making a general observation but it seems if it doesn't match
yours it must be wrong. I never professed to be an expert but having played from 2002 until now I was giving my opinion.

Offline Butcher

• Platinum Member
« Reply #989 on: July 26, 2012, 01:48:43 PM »
i'm sorry but as someone with 70 hours of gameplay and only 454 kills in Tour 51 your opinion on this matter is moot

OH SNAP!
JG 52