Author Topic: Hey guys!  (Read 71084 times)

Offline RedBull1

• Gold Member
Re: Hey guys!
« Reply #1050 on: July 26, 2012, 05:02:28 PM »
Now this thread is a WoW nerd-off  :bhead
"There is absolutely no point discussing anything on the BBS, it's mostly populated by people who are right about everything, no one listens and everyone is just talking. People will argue over the shape of an egg." -Anonymous

Offline zack1234

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #1051 on: July 26, 2012, 05:02:52 PM »
whats wow?
There are no pies stored in this plane overnight

The GFC
Pipz lived in the Wilderness near Ontario

Offline SunBat

• Gold Member
« Reply #1052 on: July 26, 2012, 05:04:54 PM »
whats wow?

Vorld of Vankers (how Lusche would pronounce it)
AoM
Do not get caught up in the country-centric thinking.
The great thing about irony is that it splits things apart, gets up above them so we can see the flaws and hypocrisies and duplicates. - David Foster Walla

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #1053 on: July 26, 2012, 05:05:15 PM »
whats wow?

one of the lamest games ever made, that is huge :rofl

Offline coombz

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #1054 on: July 26, 2012, 05:10:08 PM »
whats wow?

a subscription game that requires only large amounts of time played to be successful (like most MMOs) rather than any modicum of skill

you do need some organisation/teamwork to get through the higher level raiding content, as Karnak intimates, but overall it's a really easy game that is more about the social aspect than any kind of challenging gameplay
Did you see my dad on dogfights yet?
I'll be seeing you face to face possibly next month.

Offline Mime

• Parolee
  • Copper Member
« Reply #1055 on: July 26, 2012, 05:10:30 PM »
PvP in WoW is a joke compared to AH.  Way to much "I win because I have good gear or am such and such class to the class you are." to really be as skill based.

That said, in vanilla WoW, something like only 2% of the players ever saw the second raid (Black Wing Lair) cleared and on many servers, mine included, the fourth raid was never cleared before the first expansion came out.  PvE can be quite a bit harder than PvP in those games.

i lost interest in mmorpgs after DAoC, which was a mess pvp wise as the races were seriously imbalanced. I lost the patience for the leveling treadmill. I played Asheron's Call as well but the finest days were in UO on the Atlantic Shard from late beta (1997) until they nerfed the system in favor of pve maybe a year later.  the rivalry between guilds and players was epic while it lasted.  

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #1056 on: July 26, 2012, 05:11:13 PM »
Vorld of Vankers (how Lusche would pronounce it)

Have you ever heard me on vox?  :)
Steam: DrKalv
Elite:Dangerous: Snailman

Offline coombz

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #1057 on: July 26, 2012, 05:12:04 PM »
i lost interest in mmorpgs after DAoC, which was a mess pvp wise as the races were seriously imbalanced.

very true

but 8v8/8v16 or 8v24 in Emain Macha was still some of the best online gameplay ever  :rock
Did you see my dad on dogfights yet?
I'll be seeing you face to face possibly next month.

Offline ACE

• Platinum Member
« Reply #1058 on: July 26, 2012, 05:13:24 PM »
very true

but come on, 8v8/8v16 or 8v24 in Emain Macha was still some of the best online gameplay ever  :rock
Counter-Strike?  :(  I still have those films you sent me of you one deag-ing everyone lmao!
Sixth Tri-Annual Dueling Bracket Champion

The Few

-Spek

Offline zack1234

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #1059 on: July 26, 2012, 05:15:12 PM »
Rise of Flight is good :old:
There are no pies stored in this plane overnight

The GFC
Pipz lived in the Wilderness near Ontario

Offline Mime

• Parolee
  • Copper Member
« Reply #1060 on: July 26, 2012, 05:21:17 PM »
very true

but come on, 8v8/8v16 or 8v24 in Emain Macha was still some of the best online gameplay ever  :rock

what server were you on? we were on Merlin.  

my guild (The Regulators) chose Albion for some godforsaken reason, despite being an elite mmog guild harkening back to the days of UO we were seriously handicapped by that choice.  

every time we would fight midgard or hiberian we were outnumbered, and if we weren't outnumbered the superiority of their mage/minstrel classes would dictate the fight.  I can't forget seeing groups of trolls zipping around and being insta stunned all the time by bards without any defensive abilities. Albions were the squeak race...

Offline titanic3

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #1061 on: July 26, 2012, 05:25:48 PM »
16 is legal in the UK anyway so I'm sure zack wouldn't mind really  :angel:  

Bone don't be mad that I left you out....your pic is cute too, in a trailer trash kind of way ;> at least it's better than titan's eh?

It's k coombz, I took it with you in mind. See in my mind, I pictured crap and gay. I tried my best to pose like crap and gay just for you.  :banana: :angel:

the game is concentrated on combat, not on shaking the screen.

semp

Offline kappa

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
« Reply #1062 on: July 26, 2012, 05:29:07 PM »
But still the best battlefield  levelers are a well placed SMAW or AN-94... stupid wizards and trolls... :rofl
- TWBYDHAS

Offline TonyJoey

• Silver Member
« Reply #1063 on: July 26, 2012, 05:31:22 PM »

:rofl :rofl :rofl Brilliant, Devil.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2012, 05:34:07 PM by TonyJoey »

Offline Kazaa

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #1064 on: July 26, 2012, 05:38:08 PM »
I've been hooked on Starcraft 2 since release. Blizzard sure know how to make fantastic games. Wow's PvP was never really balanced but it was still really fun and the combat system required a good deal of skill.

Been beta testing Guild Wars 2, everything looks solid apart from the horrid combat system. It's so clunky and slow when compared with Wow's. It feels like there is a lot less skill required, I just mash the buttons that are off CD.

"If you learn from defeat, you haven't really lost."