Author Topic: Mission Editor Crash  (Read 860 times)

Offline 100Coogn

• Gold Member
Mission Editor Crash
« on: July 21, 2012, 12:21:50 PM »
I have this posted in the mission editor forum, but I don't know if anyone really reads that.  Please feel free to move this post if needed.
Anywhoo, when I click the Icon for the Mission Editor, it immediately crashes. 
Just want to convert my offline missions to the newest version of AH.

Coogan
From Wiley: If you're hitting them after they drop, that's not defense, that is revenge.
Game Id's:
AHIII: Coogan
RDR2: Coogan_Bear
MSFS-2020: Coogan Bear

Offline -sudz-

• Nickel Member
Re: Mission Editor Crash
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2012, 09:43:27 AM »
I have this posted in the mission editor forum, but I don't know if anyone really reads that.
Coogan

I posted a reply to your issue within 3 hours of your post in the mission editor forum.  Can you explain precisely why you wonder if "anyone really reads that"?

- sudz

Offline jimson

• AvA Staff Member
  • Platinum Member
      • The Axis vs Allies Arena
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2012, 09:58:22 AM »
Coogan, see my post here.

http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,336553.msg4430658.html#new

Several times when trying to convert missions, I ended up with an ME that wouldn't open anymore and the only solution was to uninstall and reinstall the game.

I was never successful in converting any missions.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2012, 10:17:32 AM by jimson »

Offline MrKrabs

• Gold Member
      • AH-Freebirds.com
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2012, 10:24:02 AM »
Coogan, see my post here.

http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,336553.msg4430658.html#new

Several times when trying to convert missions, I ended up with an ME that wouldn't open anymore and the only solution was to uninstall and reinstall the game.

I was never successful in converting any missions.

I have had a similar problem... Every time I attempted to recompile a mission, the program fails to start up again... And like jimson I had to re-install everything to get a fresh copy...
The boiling pot is put away and the crab has gone back to sea...

Offline 100Coogn

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2012, 11:13:23 AM »
I posted a reply to your issue within 3 hours of your post in the mission editor forum.  Can you explain precisely why you wonder if "anyone really reads that"?

- sudz

Just figured everyone at the HTC headquaters was busy trying to patch any bugs from the newest update and maybe put the Editor on the back-burner for a while.

Coogan
From Wiley: If you're hitting them after they drop, that's not defense, that is revenge.
Game Id's:

Offline 100Coogn

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2012, 09:19:20 PM »
I have had a similar problem... Every time I attempted to recompile a mission, the program fails to start up again... And like jimson I had to re-install everything to get a fresh copy...

Upon trying to even start the Mission Editor will crash.  Any tips?

Coogan
Game Id's:

Offline jimson

• AvA Staff Member
  • Platinum Member
      • The Axis vs Allies Arena
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2012, 12:10:19 AM »
Upon trying to even start the Mission Editor will crash.  Any tips?

Coogan
What happened to me is that after trying to convert some missions, the ME just wouldn't open anymore. I wouldn't get a crash message or anything but when I would click on it, nothing would happen. Even after removing all the mission files I was messing with, it still wouldn't work.

The only way I could get it back is to uninstall AH and then reinstall it.
If you are desperate enough to try that, you should make a back up of all your content folders, terrains, settings , skins, missions etc. Uninstall AH and then reinstall it.

Before adding your files back, see if the ME works. If it does, you could start putting some of your files back until it crashes again and maybe find out if some of your files are causing it.

Other than that, I guess you can wait for a patch or something and see if that fixes it.

I never figured out what was causing my problem, but it seems to have stopped for some reason.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2012, 12:20:20 AM by jimson »

Offline -sudz-

• Nickel Member
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2012, 08:54:32 AM »
Coogan - deleting your ahedmiss.cfg from the settings folder fixed you before.  Have you tried it again?

- sudz

Offline hyzer

• Copper Member
« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2012, 08:56:05 AM »
I created a very simple mission just to get started learning it.  After I finally fixed all the "bad turns"  :) when I try and run the mission the editor crashes instantly.  I can open the editor again, look at the segments, even change them then when I try and run the mission instant crash.

We have clearance, Clarence. Roger, Roger. What's our vector, Victor?

Offline 100Coogn

• Gold Member
« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2012, 12:04:26 PM »
Coogan - deleting your ahedmiss.cfg from the settings folder fixed you before.  Have you tried it again?

- sudz

Yes sir I did.  I just posted that in another thread.  Other Thread
I knew we had it running, but completely forgot what the fix was.  Then I reread the entire thread and the answer was right there at top, where you suggested deleting that file.   :bhead

Coogan :airplane:
Game Id's: