Author Topic: Staged missions are not uploading  (Read 1727 times)

Offline USRanger

• AvA Staff Member
  • Plutonium Member
      • BoP Home
Staged missions are not uploading
« on: July 23, 2012, 10:38:30 PM »
Even though the Terrain Resource Builder says that the mission has been completely uploaded, online in the custom arenas AND the AvA, there are no missions uploaded.  Mister Fork & myself both ran into this problem today.  Is the ability to upload missions enabled for players yet?  If so, it is not working at the moment. :salute
Axis vs Allies Staff Member
☩ JG11 Sonderstaffel ☩
Flying 'Black[Death] 10' ☩JG11☩

Only the Proud, Only the Strong Ne Desit Virtus

Offline Mister Fork

• AvA Staff Member
  • Platinum Member
Re: Staged missions are not uploading
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2012, 09:51:46 AM »
Confirmed - we are unable to upload staged missions. :salute
"Games are meant to be fun and fair but fighting a war is neither." - HiTech

Offline Pyro

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com

Offline Mister Fork

• AvA Staff Member
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2012, 10:55:18 PM »
Thanks Pyro.  In the custom arena, it was a snap! :aok

But for the SEA and AvA - anything special we need to do for them to work properly? We had some challenges in the AvA:
1. Admins were locked out of arena table/field settings after a mission is loaded -even if we killed it.
2. Players couldn't join staged missions.
3. We could load and launch the mission but it kept saying players weren't ready and then we had to kill the mission. 

Pyro - possible issue/solution:
- Here is what I'm thinking. Custom arena - u have control over tables
- With staged missions, because tables are saved, it doesn't use the loaded tables from the setup, it uses what ever you built it with offline (confirmed by USRanger and myself).
- End result, if you built a mission for a map from the SEA/AvA, you need to DL the properly built Arena table FIRST, then re-build it with the online table downloaded. Then upload that staged mission.

Thoughts?

Do we have to build the mission using the AvA table (dL the table online and in-arena to our computers from the AvA table menu however)?
« Last Edit: July 24, 2012, 11:01:35 PM by Mister Fork »

Offline jimson

• AvA Staff Member
  • Platinum Member
      • The Axis vs Allies Arena
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2012, 11:29:54 PM »
Another thing to mention, it seemed non admins had ability to load missions in the AvA, though we weren't able to get them to launch properly.

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2012, 05:08:11 PM »
Another thing to mention, it seemed non admins had ability to load missions in the AvA, though we weren't able to get them to launch properly.

Missions are like terrains, once they are uploaded they are available from anywhere.

HiTech

Offline Mister Fork

• AvA Staff Member
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2012, 01:03:21 PM »
Missions are like terrains, once they are uploaded they are available from anywhere.

HiTech
Good to know. It also means players can submit their missions for SEA/AvA admins to use in the future. Thanks for clarifying HT.

Offline jimson

• AvA Staff Member
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2012, 06:44:31 PM »

HiTech

What I meant was that is seemed as though a non admin could select and start to run a staged mission in AvA, when we briefly tested it, although none of us were unable to actually get one to run.

Just info in case you need it.

Offline Mister Fork

• AvA Staff Member
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2012, 11:16:19 AM »
I think what it does it is that it allows players to submit missions to SEA/AvA arenas for staff to use. It's not a bad thing - actually I think it has merit, especially for wars - commanders can load their strike missions.

And when you think about it, it has some really interesting aspects... especially since players (or side commanders) can load up the arena on what they want to fly. 

The bigger question is - can we run staged missions concurrently or do we need to merge them into one larger event?

Offline jimson

• AvA Staff Member
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2012, 04:59:36 PM »
I still don't think I'm being clear. I'm not talking about uploading missions onto the server.

I'm not sure you were there at the time Fork, but seemed to me that the other night, daddog was able to access the mission console in the AvA, meaning that anyone other than a CM could start running staged missions in the arena and possibly kill or otherwise interfere with the ones the CM's are trying to run.

Did this not happen the way I thought it did?

I just thought I should bring it up in case this was something that needed to be fixed.

Offline Mister Fork

• AvA Staff Member
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #10 on: August 01, 2012, 12:39:14 PM »
Stage mission menu is avail to everyone like the arena settings are.  Ability to upload is everyone - ability to run in SEA AvA will be limited to admins only.

Make sense?

Offline jimson

• AvA Staff Member
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #11 on: August 01, 2012, 01:34:36 PM »
Yes, it makes sense, and I know that anyone can upload missions to the server. It's the actual running of a mission in the arena that I'm talking about. Daddog was able to start up a mission for players to populate, so unless he has AvA admin privs, at the current time it doesn't appear to be restricted to admins.

The arena settings are grayed out for non admins in the arena. Non admins cannot change settings in the arena. I was under the impression that the ability to run a staged mission (not upload one onto the server like a terrain) in the arena was the same way.

Of course it's a moot point right now, but might need to be tweaked a little before it's released to SEA and AvA.

My last comment on it, because if no one understands what I'm saying now, I guess I'm not able to explain it right or I am wrong about it :lol

:salute

« Last Edit: August 01, 2012, 02:11:35 PM by jimson »

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
« Reply #12 on: August 05, 2012, 11:30:24 AM »
Yes, it makes sense, and I know that anyone can upload missions to the server. It's the actual running of a mission in the arena that I'm talking about. Daddog was able to start up a mission for players to populate, so unless he has AvA admin privs, at the current time it doesn't appear to be restricted to admins.

The arena settings are grayed out for non admins in the arena. Non admins cannot change settings in the arena. I was under the impression that the ability to run a staged mission (not upload one onto the server like a terrain) in the arena was the same way.

Of course it's a moot point right now, but might need to be tweaked a little before it's released to SEA and AvA.

My last comment on it, because if no one understands what I'm saying now, I guess I'm not able to explain it right or I am wrong about it :lol

:salute

I believe daddog has cm privs. Anyway if he does not, it is a simple 2 sec bug to fix, and not by design.

Evey one is supposed to have access to the staged mission menu. Just not the ability to change things.

HiTech

Offline jimson

• AvA Staff Member
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #13 on: August 05, 2012, 12:52:06 PM »
 :aok