Author Topic: Flak  (Read 734 times)

Offline Scherf

• Gold Member
Flak
« on: July 25, 2012, 06:22:47 AM »
The USAAF tells you, that's You, bucko, how it works and how to avoid it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PIYVwqHM488

Bloody brilliant little film. B-25 guys, hang in there until the end, this is for you too.

More assorted goodies pop up on the screen at the end of this vid - I'm watching the one about the rear gunner next, then I'm going to learn how to fly the B-26.

... missions were to be met by the commitment of alerted swarms of fighters, composed of Me 109's and Fw 190's, that were strategically based to protect industrial installations. The inferior capabilities of these fighters against the Mosquitoes made this a hopeless and uneconomical effort. 1.JD KTB

Offline R 105

• Silver Member
Re: Flak
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2012, 08:20:29 AM »
 Very neat old film thanks for posting it. Maybe our 88mm anti aircraft guns need to be in groups of 4 guns at each gun emplacement to be effective. As the 88mm is now in the game it is about as effective as shaking your fist at bombers.

Offline bortas1

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2012, 09:47:17 PM »
can we use this information into the game?  :salute

Offline MK-84

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2012, 06:35:35 PM »
Very neat old film thanks for posting it. Maybe our 88mm anti aircraft guns need to be in groups of 4 guns at each gun emplacement to be effective. As the 88mm is now in the game it is about as effective as shaking your fist at bombers.

Not to the people that are good in em.  I lost a 262 from what I believe to be atleast 7k from the base, as far as i can tell it was his first shot too :uhoh

Offline Raga

• Zinc Member
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2012, 01:20:51 AM »
First thing I did in this plane was blow an f4u4 out of the sky when he tried to rope me when I was going mack 20. That was the first hour it was released! Since then Ive killed nothing :(
Invictus Maneo