Author Topic: Combat Training  (Read 957 times)

Offline abenedetti15

• Zinc Member
Combat Training
« on: July 25, 2012, 03:51:33 PM »
Hello! I'm very new to Aces High and am wondering if anyone would mind helping me out a little. I made this account about 3 days ago and I've been attempting to play in the online arenas but with to no luck have been able to really "compete". What I mean by this is that I'm capable of flying any form of plane but I am unable to really grasp the combat end of it all. What I am asking for is if someone could just spare some of their time and maybe show me some combat maneuvers or strategies that can give me a good way to start off. Any help will do and I would really appreciate it, thank you. My in-game username is Grumman and I'm available 8:30pm-12:00pm (GMT-08:00) Pacific Time these next three nights as well as any time today.

Offline Vudu15

• Gold Member
Re: Combat Training
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2012, 06:08:27 PM »
"No odds too great"

"I was a horse ahead at the end" - Nathan Bedford Forrest
Training Video List https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL54E5CE

Offline abenedetti15

• Zinc Member
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2012, 06:16:57 PM »
ok thanks!

Offline SIK1

• AH Training Corps
  • Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2012, 06:52:26 PM »
I strongly recommend that you get with a trainer and get some formal training. I'm sure at least one of the trainers will be along shortly.

Beyond that the first thing you should do is set your views up. Use the page up, page down, and arrow keys to set the view and F10 to save it. You can do that for each view, in every plane.

If you can fly every plane. Then turn the stall limiter off, if you haven't already. Learn to control the plane on the very edge, and how to recovery when you go over.

You can also go to the training arena and see if there is anyone there that can help you out. If you see me in there say something and I'll give you some tips.
444th Air Mafia since Air Warrior
Proudly flying with VF-17

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54

Offline abenedetti15

• Zinc Member
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2012, 07:55:48 PM »
sounds great thanks!

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2012, 08:14:28 PM »
I'm sorry we're on different schedules but this link will help. Post any questions you have.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Basic_fighter_maneuvers

Offline WING47

• Copper Member
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2012, 11:23:14 PM »
Look me up sometime, in game name is the same as in here. I'm more than willing to help.

Offline Rodent57

• AH Training Corps
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2012, 09:24:51 PM »
abenedetti15,

I've got 2 folks that I'm activily training right now, but I'm available to get you to a respectable level as time allows.

Send me a PM with your times and what you are hping to accomplish.

-Rodent57
Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new
Setting an example is not the main means of influencing others; it is the only means
-AE

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2012, 09:35:27 PM »
Hello! I'm very new to Aces High and am wondering if anyone would mind helping me out a little. I made this account about 3 days ago and I've been attempting to play in the online arenas but with to no luck have been able to really "compete". What I mean by this is that I'm capable of flying any form of plane but I am unable to really grasp the combat end of it all. What I am asking for is if someone could just spare some of their time and maybe show me some combat maneuvers or strategies that can give me a good way to start off. Any help will do and I would really appreciate it, thank you. My in-game username is Grumman and I'm available 8:30pm-12:00pm (GMT-08:00) Pacific Time these next three nights as well as any time today.

Go to this site (Netaces.org) and spend your time reading each article up there and then seek the help of a trainer.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline pwooly

• Zinc Member
« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2012, 05:46:31 PM »
I strongly recommend watching Vudu15's videos. They have helped me out a lot. Even though i knew the basics and more of the advanced things i watched them any way and still managed to learn some small things. Good luck out there.
Unsung Legends