Author Topic: The Aces High BBS Grudge Match!  (Read 13650 times)

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
Re: The Aces High BBS Grudge Match!
« Reply #150 on: August 02, 2012, 09:35:33 AM »
Guppy flies with absolute honor, unlike you and your non-stop ho-tarding.

This I will agree with.  Regardless of who is in the area Corky flies the same way.  The others though...  :angel:

Offline katanaso

• Gold Member
« Reply #151 on: August 02, 2012, 10:15:41 AM »
This I will agree with.  Regardless of who is in the area Corky flies the same way.  The others though...  :angel:

Not speaking for other 80th, and not about you, Grizz, but I give everybody my respect at first, and it's their actions or attitude that will lose it.

This reply also tags the thread for me. :)
mir
80th FS "Headhunters"

The most terrifying words in the English language are: "I'm from the government and I'm here to help."

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #152 on: August 02, 2012, 10:34:59 AM »
80th Headhunters fly more honorable when there are vets around.  If they are competing against typical main arena fodder, they will run, gang, pick, and club.  As soon as they realize there is a BBS warrior in the area they will change their tactics to be more in line with their "All About The Fight" motto.  :aok

:banana:

Did you note how fast I got my VIP to leap back into my boat?   :)
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #153 on: August 02, 2012, 10:41:05 AM »
Did you note how fast I got my VIP to leap back into my boat?   :)

Shrimpin Boat Capin' CorkyJr.

Offline ALFAMEGA51

• Silver Member
« Reply #154 on: August 02, 2012, 01:38:57 PM »
one of those rare players who will give you an actual fight, without running away immediately after making 2 HO attempts and missing both

one of those special souls who will try to reverse you and kick your behind when you come at them with an alt advantage

a pilot who wants a good fight, not a good score

A Debrody, an ink, a Latrobe, an ALFAMEGA, a surfinn...warriors one and all...there are plenty more out there that I'm failing to mention, but sadly they are vastly outnumbered by the sort of little girls who will run to ack, land their plane and jump in an 88mm rather than actually fight someone
  :salute  :rock

As for the 80th goes, i truly do try to give a good fight to whoever, Midway even knows this, but usally i have to borrow parts from other 38s in the end!  :D
ID:ALFAMEGA/Kyle
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Undercover Jug pilot "My brick always flys wing"

Offline ALFAMEGA51

• Silver Member
« Reply #155 on: August 02, 2012, 01:41:43 PM »
I always lose my attention span within 1 page of reading  :bolt:
ID:ALFAMEGA/Kyle
80th FS "Headhunters"

Undercover Jug pilot "My brick always flys wing"

Offline Tom5572

• Silver Member
« Reply #156 on: August 02, 2012, 01:50:55 PM »
I try to give an honorable fight to all. If I run into an obvious new player, I try to give them tips via PM. Midway, I cannot remember how many times I fought you at a disadvantage, either by E or by numbers. I also admit I have fought you where I had E or numbers. It is rare when we meet and it is not in a furball. So say what you will about the 80th, I know the truth and I believe there are a great number of people who would agree with me.

80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #157 on: August 02, 2012, 01:53:17 PM »
Has he who hath no post been angered?

:neener:
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline B4Buster

• Platinum Member
« Reply #158 on: August 02, 2012, 03:03:51 PM »
grizz, I disagree with you.

The combination of my horrible gunnery, short attention span and impatience make me a horrible cherry picker.  :lol
"I was a door gunner on the space shuttle Columbia" - Scott12B

Offline VuduVee

• Nickel Member
« Reply #159 on: August 02, 2012, 03:52:25 PM »
To be clear. No I don't think people are put off events because of BBS BS.
I do think the BBS BS is just another avenue of what goes on on 200 and how many are treating each other in game. Like the Muppets vendetta in the Dueling bracket that got Spek's title turned over to Krup, and how many withdrew from future Duelling brackets because of it. And how the Squad dueling league diassapeared because of all the BS the forced many squads to withdraw, and how KOTH suffer because of the Ventrilo BS that became another soap opera.  

There is a change in the culture that no long understands sportsmanship and what it means or why it's important. Too many are wrapped up and invested in the culture of humiliation. Dancing in the end zone, taking your helmet off and running around beating your chest, "Pwn-ing" everyone, trash talking. Winning is defined by humiliating and PWNing your opponent now. It's repugnant.

In a game, the reason for sportsmanship is so no one is fearful of losing, in that way everyone participates. It's for the game's survival. Losing a game isn't supposed be a personal defeat, or character attack expressed through cries of "Epic Fail!" But that's what everyone celebrates now. Now the fun is showcasing the biggest "Epic Fai!" "HAHAHA what a loser", "PWN'D!!"  That's what's matters to a generation of punks. So if you can't do it on the field, or in the skies, or even if you can, by all means do it on 200 and BBS. Just keep going until you've humiliated someone! "...Get him a body bag!...YEAHHHHHHHHH!"

It's bad enough when during the heat of competition these things flare up. But to go out and start it on purpose just to watch it all happen is sick.  :salute
well said. some of our more "honourable" pilots fit this to a T.

Offline mbailey

• Platinum Member
« Reply #160 on: August 02, 2012, 04:02:27 PM »

The combination of my horrible gunnery, short attention span and impatience make me a horrible cherry picker.  :lol

:rofl   me too  :aok
Mbailey
80th FS "Headhunters"

Ichi Go Ichi E
Character is like a tree and reputation like its shadow. The shadow is what we think of it; the tree is the real thing.

When the game is over, the Kings and Pawns all go into the same box.

Offline Ardy123

• Gold Member
« Reply #161 on: August 02, 2012, 04:05:15 PM »
I haven't played against the current crop of the 80th, but I did regularly run into Mir, CorkyJr, Soulyus and Silat. They were always a good fight and beyond the fight they were fun to banter with on 200... esp Silat...
Yeah, that's right, you just got your rear handed to you by a fuggly puppet!
==Army of Muppets==
(Bunnies)

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #162 on: August 02, 2012, 05:07:41 PM »
well said. some of our more "honourable" pilots fit this to a T.

Maybe you can enlighten us a bit more on this honor stuff.  I so enjoyed our conversation on 200 about it last night :aok
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline mbailey

• Platinum Member
« Reply #163 on: August 02, 2012, 05:20:29 PM »
I haven't played against the current crop of the 80th

Were the same....just havent mastered the auger yet.....although my slicing thru trees is vastly improved  :D
Mbailey
80th FS "Headhunters"

Ichi Go Ichi E
Character is like a tree and reputation like its shadow. The shadow is what we think of it; the tree is the real thing.

When the game is over, the Kings and Pawns all go into the same box.

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #164 on: August 02, 2012, 06:26:53 PM »

You and mir, shame on you for allowing my generic 80th comment to be directed at you!  The guys I am talking about know who they are  :D