Author Topic: Chick-fil-A for lunch today  (Read 5804 times)

Offline rogwar

• Silver Member
Chick-fil-A for lunch today
« on: August 01, 2012, 01:15:24 PM »
It was packed in Arlington but myself and three co-worked braved the crowds. I bet this had to be a record day. I like their waffle fries.

Offline rpm

• Plutonium Member
Re: Chick-fil-A for lunch today
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2012, 01:20:34 PM »
I like my Chick-Fil-A with extra self righteousness and a slice of bigotry. I'd ask them to hold the pickle, but that just sounds gay.
My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives.
Stay thirsty my friends.

Offline Mickthestick

• Persona Non Grata
  • Zinc Member
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2012, 01:21:48 PM »
Why is there a little thumbs-up next to this thread? And why is Chick-Fil-A bigoted? I just thought it was cheap.

Offline rogwar

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2012, 01:26:22 PM »
Why is there a little thumbs-up next to this thread?

Because it was pretty tasty, especially the fries.

Offline Nathan60

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2012, 01:28:06 PM »
Can't  beat  a chic-fil-A sandwich. Soo glad  my brother  runs 2 of them  near my office :rock Says they have been slammed all day.
HamHawk
Wing III-- Pigs on The Wing
FSO--JG54
CHUGGA-CHUGGA, CHOO-CHOO
Pigs go wing deep

Offline Mickthestick

• Persona Non Grata
  • Zinc Member
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2012, 01:28:56 PM »
Because it was pretty tasty, especially the fries.

So all threads about tasty things get thumbs up? Is this a choice made by the poster, or does the BBS automatically sense this and assign the thumbs-up?

Offline Nathan60

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2012, 01:34:21 PM »
I like my Chick-Fil-A with extra self righteousness and a slice of bigotry. I'd ask them to hold the pickle, but that just sounds gay.

If you dont agree with pickles on a sandwich its your right to say so, nothing wrong with stating your opinions. I personally think  dill pickles are ok on a sandwich  but sweet pickles should not be allowed on a sandwich as I dont beilve they are truely pickles in the calorific sense.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2012, 01:39:55 PM by Nathan60 »
HamHawk
FSO--JG54
CHUGGA-CHUGGA, CHOO-CHOO
Pigs go wing deep

Offline Seanaldinho

• Silver Member
« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2012, 01:43:54 PM »
Love me some chickfila!

Offline caldera

• Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2012, 01:45:49 PM »
Got to the closest Chick-Fil-A at 1:50 today and a lot of people had the same idea.  It was a mob scene.  Cars backed up all over the place and nearby shopping center lot was loaded.  I went in and barely got inside the door at first.  Considering the crowd, they got my order in my clutches in a very reasonable 22 minutes.  Normally, a crowd like that would send most people somewhere else for lunch.  Everyone was well behaved and not a gripe was heard.  People seemed quite content in fact, to wait for "fast food".

It shows what can happen when the real intolerant people try to shut someone down for having a differing opinion.  People don't like being told what to do but they sure aren't going to put up with being told what to think.   
"Then out spake brave Horatius, the Captain of the gate:
 To every man upon this earth, death cometh soon or late.
 And how can man die better, than facing fearful odds.
 For the ashes of his fathers and the temples of his Gods."

Offline Delirium

• Platinum Member
« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2012, 01:53:41 PM »
Those opposed to the stand 'Chick-Fil-A' has taken definitely have the right idea. If they can kill off those that disagree with them with high caloric and greasy food, it won't be anyone to disagree with them anymore.

:rofl

This thread is going to be locked, I just had to post the above comment, I found it funny.
Delirium
80th "Headhunters"
Retired AH Trainer (but still teach the P38 selectively)

I found an air leak in my inflatable sheep and plugged the hole! Honest!

Offline rogwar

• Silver Member
« Reply #10 on: August 01, 2012, 01:55:14 PM »
So all threads about tasty things get thumbs up? Is this a choice made by the poster, or does the BBS automatically sense this and assign the thumbs-up?

When you create a new post you can choose a message icon from a drop down menu. I chose the thumbs up icon for the original post.

Offline RedBull1

• Gold Member
« Reply #11 on: August 01, 2012, 01:56:28 PM »
Who the bellybutton cares about a little thumbs up?...  :rolleyes:  :bhead
"There is absolutely no point discussing anything on the BBS, it's mostly populated by people who are right about everything, no one listens and everyone is just talking. People will argue over the shape of an egg." -Anonymous

Offline Dragon

• Platinum Member
      • AH JUGS
« Reply #12 on: August 01, 2012, 01:58:44 PM »
If you don't agree with pickles on a sandwich its your right to say so, nothing wrong with stating your opinions. I personally think  dill pickles are ok on a sandwich  but sweet pickles should not be allowed on a sandwich as I don't believe they are truly pickles in the calorific sense.

So says the Pickle Whisperer.

Proper moral values...  :rock  C-F-A

SWchef  Lieutenant Colonel  Squadron Training Officer  125th Spartan Warriors

Offline TonyJoey

• Silver Member
« Reply #13 on: August 01, 2012, 02:02:52 PM »
Freedom of Speech is sacred, unless someone uses it to oppose your position. Then they must be silenced. It's not like the Chick Fil-A guy is discriminating against gays in hiring or serving, he's just voicing his personal beliefs. These protestors are probably the same people who believe in multiculturism above all else, unless you involve American culture, of course... :rolleyes:

Offline Nathan60

• Platinum Member
« Reply #14 on: August 01, 2012, 02:05:37 PM »
Those opposed to the stand 'Chick-Fil-A' has taken definitely have the right idea. If they can kill off those that disagree with them with high caloric and greasy food, it won't be anyone to disagree with them anymore.

:rofl

This thread is going to be locked, I just had to post the above comment, I found it funny.
You dont have to get the fried chicken they have grilled aswell. Also I love  to put my tender in a Polynesian box  :devil

« Last Edit: August 01, 2012, 02:07:15 PM by Nathan60 »
HamHawk
FSO--JG54
CHUGGA-CHUGGA, CHOO-CHOO
Pigs go wing deep