Author Topic: Chick-fil-A for lunch today  (Read 5825 times)

Offline SEraider

• Silver Member
Re: Chick-fil-A for lunch today
« Reply #60 on: August 01, 2012, 11:26:23 PM »
He was asked about it in an interview.

That's the thing, he was asked, and he answered the question honestly.  I did not think corporatism and hollywood went hand-in-hand.  So if you are gay and you like their food, you are going to stop going?  It is not exactly original for a gay person to hear that some people are against gay marriage.  Really? It's become this childish?
* I am the embodiment of Rule #14
* History is only recent.
* Stick and Stones won't break my bones, but names could "hurt" me.

CO Screaming Eagles

Offline rpm

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #61 on: August 01, 2012, 11:30:19 PM »
That's why I went today.
Good for you. Are you ready to stone your daughter in front of the village for premarital sex? You can't have one without the other.

Maybe it's easier for you to just take 50 sheckles for your daughter's virginity taken by a rapist rather than prosecute him for rape of a minor. The Bible says so.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2012, 11:35:30 PM by rpm »
My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives.
Stay thirsty my friends.

Offline rogwar

• Silver Member
« Reply #62 on: August 01, 2012, 11:39:07 PM »
Good for you. Are you ready to stone your daughter in front of the village for premarital sex? You can't have one without the other.

I've known you for some time on here and you have my respect. That was a bit uncalled for in relation to my daughter. I recommend you research the whole story utilizing a variety of sources. I went in support of 1st amendment rights.

Attempting to debate with a person who has abandoned reason is like giving medicine to the dead. - Thomas Paine

Offline lambo31

• Nickel Member
« Reply #63 on: August 01, 2012, 11:40:08 PM »
I've known you for some time on here and you have my respect. That was a bit uncalled for in relation to my daughter. I recommend you research the whole story utilizing a variety of sources. I went in support of 1st amendment rights.

Attempting to debate with a person who has abandoned reason is like giving medicine to the dead. - Thomas Paine
:aok
Ingame ID: Lambo

Offline rogwar

• Silver Member
« Reply #64 on: August 01, 2012, 11:40:32 PM »

Maybe it's easier for you to just take 50 sheckles for your daughter's virginity taken by a rapist rather than prosecute him for rape of a minor. The Bible says so.

And that just went past the line.

Offline jimson

• AvA Staff Member
  • Platinum Member
      • The Axis vs Allies Arena
« Reply #65 on: August 01, 2012, 11:48:18 PM »
he be hatin.

Offline rpm

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #66 on: August 01, 2012, 11:49:43 PM »
I'm not trying to set the parameters of the debate. I'm working within what has been said. "The biblical definition" of marriage includes more than just heterosexual marriage. What is happening is a cherrypicking of the Bible to fit certain POVs. You can take a portion of it out of context and then use it fit your agenda. When you twist that context, then you start to offend innocent people like Rogwar.
My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives.
Stay thirsty my friends.

Offline WING47

• Copper Member
« Reply #67 on: August 02, 2012, 12:00:59 AM »
It was packed in Arlington but myself and three co-worked braved the crowds. I bet this had to be a record day. I like their waffle fries.
Well done.  :salute

Offline BoilerDown

• Silver Member
« Reply #68 on: August 02, 2012, 12:05:33 AM »
wow RPM, if you really believe that verse and try to live by it then try applying it to Chick-fil-A and it's CEO. For the record, I believe the Bible and agree 100% with Dan Cathy, but that's not why I went to Chick-Fil-A today. I went to support his RIGHT to voice his beliefs.

Lambo

In what way were his rights being trampled in the first place?
Boildown

This is the Captain.  We have a lil' problem with our entry sequence so we may experience some slight turbulence and then... explode.

Boildown is Twitching: http://www.twitch.tv/boildown

Offline BiPoLaR

• Platinum Member
« Reply #69 on: August 02, 2012, 12:05:52 AM »
R.I.P. T.E.Moore (Dad) 9-9-45 - 7-16-10.
R.I.P. Wes Poss  (Best Friend) 11-14-75 - 5-2-14

Offline Tank-Ace

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #70 on: August 02, 2012, 12:32:19 AM »
Really? It's become this childish?

Yes. And its really getting annoying.

But what I don't get is why theres such a big fight over the whole 'marriage' thing. To be frank, I've always felt the biggest reason for marriage is to create a stable enviornment in which to raise children. Since gays are incapable of reproducing with eachother, its really kind of a non-issue. As for addopted children raised by gays, having two dads would draw more FlaK from haters than having 'parents' who aren't married.

Unless theres some other benefits to being 'married' that I'm not aware of (I'm 17, don't judge) that a 'domestic partnership' or whatever they call it in whatever area can't match, it really seems like a "hey, look at us!!!" thing.
You started this thread and it was obviously about your want and desire in spite of your use of 'we' and Google.

"Once more unto the breach"

Offline rpm

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #71 on: August 02, 2012, 12:41:56 AM »
In what way were his rights being trampled in the first place?

They don't get that point. It's just wrong because some guy on TV told them it was. Reading the Bible is #toomuchhassle.
Stay thirsty my friends.

Offline Wildcat1

• Gold Member
« Reply #72 on: August 02, 2012, 12:50:24 AM »
I like to keep an open mind. Gay marriage doesn't affect me, so I don't really care about it. That being said, Dan Cathy has every right under the 1st amendment to voice his opinion. Since when is it wrong to answer a question with an honest response?

And why is it such a surprise to people that a CEO, whom has always closed his restaurants on Sundays to observe God's holy day, has this stance on gay marriage? Do you think he likes losing a full day of profit every week?

Are we just so used to the corporate, political and media world being so politically correct that a different opinion is suddenly taboo? And I garruntee that half those people protesting are there because someone said it would be fun.
having fun and getting killed since tour 110
The King of 'Cobras. 350th FG, Tunisia 2016

Air Traffic Controller (Air Warfare/Surface Warfare) 2nd Class, USS John C. Stennis CVN-74

Offline rpm

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #73 on: August 02, 2012, 12:55:22 AM »
I like to keep an open mind. Gay marriage doesn't affect me, so I don't really care about it. That being said, Dan Cathy has every right under the 1st amendment to voice his opinion. Since when is it wrong to answer a question with an honest response?
It isn't. Using it for the sake of free publicity is. It's also genius.
Stay thirsty my friends.

Offline Ardy123

• Gold Member
« Reply #74 on: August 02, 2012, 01:03:35 AM »
best quote about the issue yet... (although it wasn't said here)..

"According to Chick-Fil-A, traditional marriage should only be between an obese woman and a diabetic man."

:rofl :rofl
Yeah, that's right, you just got your rear handed to you by a fuggly puppet!
==Army of Muppets==
(Bunnies)