Author Topic: This day in 1945  (Read 215 times)

Offline B4Buster

• Platinum Member
This day in 1945
« on: August 06, 2012, 07:49:31 AM »
The atomic bomb "Little Boy" was dropped on Hiroshima.

:salute :pray
"I was a door gunner on the space shuttle Columbia" - Scott12B

Offline Slate

• Gold Member
Re: This day in 1945
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2012, 07:56:15 AM »
   :pray Hope the world never sees another day like that.  :pray

and innocents never suffer at the hands of thier leaders.
I always wanted to fight an impossible battle against incredible odds.

Offline Rich46yo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2012, 09:04:33 AM »
   :pray Hope the world never sees another day like that.  :pray

and innocents never suffer at the hands of thier leaders.

More "innocents" dies at Nanking and Manila then in both Atomic attacks. And those two were only a taste of jap babarity. Where are the  :pray for them?
"flying the aircraft of the Red Star"

Offline Slate

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2012, 09:37:19 AM »
More "innocents" dies at Nanking and Manila then in both Atomic attacks. And those two were only a taste of jap babarity. Where are the  :pray for them?

:pray  :pray  :pray  :pray  :pray  :pray  :pray  :pray  :pray  :pray  :pray  :pray  :pray  :pray  :pray  :pray  :pray  :pray  :pray  :pray  :pray  :pray  :pray

For all the innocents caught up in war. That suit ya?

The barbaric way the Axis powers tortured and killed civilians was truly evil. That takes nothing away from my statement. I don't sit here and second guess the hard decisions needed to winning a war but hope we never get to the point we have to disintegrate more people in a Nuclear Blast. 

I always wanted to fight an impossible battle against incredible odds.

Offline Maverick

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2012, 10:53:17 AM »
I note it as an interesting point in history and that is all. I support the use of those weapons and the lives of both sides they saved in convincing the emperor of japan to capitulate rather than continue to submit to the will of the military group in charge at the time. A full on invasion of the country would have been far far more costly in lives. The fact that those folks died as a result of an atomic bomb did not make them any deader than those who died as a result of a conventional bomb nor any more drastically than those who died as a result of LeMay's shift to fire bombing. I just do not see the difference in either death.

My regret is that the folks who were in charge of the various belligerent countries, Germany, Italy and Japan could not see to stop their desire to rule and impose their will on others, including their own countrymen.
DEFINITION OF A VETERAN
A Veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life."
Author Unknown