Author Topic: So the same old patronizing CM group is running Special Events Scenarios  (Read 2174 times)

Offline oneway

• Silver Member
So the same old patronizing Scenario CM group is running Special Events - Scenarios

...Where substance, collaboration and forward evolution are dispensed with, and frowned upon, in favor of paternalism, back stroking and the status-quo fortification.

Way to go...and color me not surprised

Maybe someday Dale will catch on to the fact that the deepest bench of talent is not his CM's ...but the second tier of players who get stomped on, dissed, abused and dismissed by his first tier CM's

Want to grow you business Dale?

Open up your up your Business Model....encourage and facilitate top level 'second tier' contributors to be allowed to contribute....as it stands now ...and has stood...the CM's are clique...like a secret club...

Will keep my eye on the boards again...hoping their is change...hoping someday you open up an API so we can actually grow your enterprise through community involvement

Out

Oneway

Offline perdue3

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Platinum Member
Not bad oneway. Ballsy, I like it.
C.O. Kommando Nowotny 

FlyKommando.com

Offline Stampf

• Plutonium Member
Didn't think he had it in him.

- Der Wander Zirkus -
- La Fabrica de Exitos -

Offline oneway

• Silver Member
How the hell are you doing Perdue?

I dropped my AH account several months ago and went to Eve Online....because they have an active interest in recognizing their player base and providing a robust mechanism for players to help shape the game through an equally robust Application Program Interface...

Maybe that's why they have over 35,000 players on average online when you log in

Fly safe mate

Salute

Oneway

Offline oneway

• Silver Member
Salute StampF

Offline VonMessa

• Plutonium Member
Indeed.

:salute
Braümeister und Schmutziger Hund von JG11

We are all here because we are not all there.

Offline oneway

• Silver Member
Salute Messa

Offline HighTone

• Silver Member
      • Squad Site
<S> Oneway...long time no see bud

But don't you think that was a little harsh. I mean the CM's are doing this because they want to, not because they are paid to. And I doubt they have the power to shape the game or the direction of it. They are merely managing the tools given to them to try and create something better than the MA. And based on what I read daily on the wishlist, I think I'm happy that this game is not a democracy where everyone gets a say. Because frankly half these tards would of changed the game in a way that it would no longer be enjoyable to myself.

However I may feel towards certain CM's, overall they are a good bunch of guys, who seem to do thankless work for the benefit of a larger group. I may not always agree with what they do, but I respect and appreciate the effort they put into this...again for us all. Perfect...no, but neither am I, and if we can get the imperfections down to a minimum and have some frames of fun, then I call that a win.

Good to see you Oneway, hope your doing well my friend.

Big <S> to the CM staff of AH  :cheers:

LCA Special Events CO     LCA ~Tainan Kokutai~       
www.lcasquadron.org      Thanks for the Oscar HTC

Offline ROC

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Platinum Member
Oh, you quit?

Dang, I didn't even notice.

Patronizing enough?
ROC
Nothing clever here.  Please, move along.

Offline Hajo

• Platinum Member
I don't believe this.

BTW the four Gents running this Scenario don't need my interference in their defense.
It is just not needed.  But since I've known them for many years and you have not I'll
open my big mouth anyway.

Useless Post.

The four gents running this Scenario have been doing this for years.  I know.  I was in AW when some of them volunteered
their personal time to do this.  They have the tools to point the community in the right direction.  When all is said and done
it is the Community that is responsible for gameplay not the CMs.  All four are outstanding in trying to shape an even playing
field for the participants.  All four put in much thought on how that should be done. Player's' suggestions are important and
believe it or not are heard and used when necessary.  What a thoughtless post Oneway.  At one time I had great respect for you.
Since you play no more why did you even come here to Post this balderdash?  If you felt that way you should have done what any Man
would have done no longer involved with Aces High.  Walked away without insulting people.  It takes a big man to do that.
It's evident that you are not.  Good luck in your future endeavors.  I really do wish you well.  I hope you learned something
from this.  It's called growing up.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2012, 09:27:44 PM by Hajo »
- The Flying Circus -

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
Re: So the same old patronizing CM group is running Special Events Scenarios
« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2012, 10:51:52 PM »
So the same old patronizing Scenario CM group is running Special Events - Scenarios

...Where substance, collaboration and forward evolution are dispensed with, and frowned upon, in favor of paternalism, back stroking and the status-quo fortification.

Maybe someday Dale will catch on to the fact that the deepest bench of talent is not his CM's ...but the second tier of players who get stomped on, dissed, abused and dismissed by his first tier CM's

Open up your up your Business Model....encourage and facilitate top level 'second tier' contributors to be allowed to contribute....as it stands now ...and has stood...the CM's are clique...like a secret club...

Will keep my eye on the boards again...hoping their is change...hoping someday you open up an API so we can actually grow your enterprise through community involvement

Out

Oneway

You should know why you weren't a CO in Scenarios anymore.   You poked a bear with a stick and you didn't realize it.   
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline kilo2

• Gold Member
« Reply #11 on: August 17, 2012, 02:52:28 AM »

Out

Oneway

<S> Needed to be said. Not all CMs but some of them really do come off as both unyielding and arrogant.
X.O. Kommando Nowotny
FlyKommando.com

"Never abandon the possibility of attack."

Offline oneway

• Silver Member
« Reply #12 on: August 17, 2012, 03:19:36 AM »
Oh, you quit?

Dang, I didn't even notice.

Patronizing  enough?

^^^^ this

Thanks for making my point more eloquently than I could.

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #13 on: August 17, 2012, 10:16:20 AM »
i'm new to the cm thing. wanna know why i'm doing it?  because i can dream up a set up. i learn something when i'm doing research for the set up. then once it's all hashed out, the set up guys get with me, and they build the arena. they spend a lot of time to build it as we want it.

then the best part happens. on average, 300 to 350 overgrown kids log into the arena, and have a blast making cartoon airplanes go boom. and i helped facilitate that. that's why i'm doing it. and to be honest, when i was asked to join the team, i felt honored. and still do.
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline ImADot

• Platinum Member
« Reply #14 on: August 17, 2012, 10:28:04 AM »
Being involved with the FSO and not Scenarios, I cannot speak to your percieved issue with Scenarios. I will, however, say this:

The CM team is an all-volunteer group that takes on the job of creating something different from the normal MA free-for-all carnage. We do this to give something back to the community; for the enjoyment of all who participate in Special Events. If a player is disrespectful and disruptive to the point where it affects the enjoyment of everyone else, and jeopardizes the integrity of the event, the CM running the event can and will take measures to prevent further disruption of the event.
My Current Rig:
GigaByte GA-X99-UD4 Mobo w/ 16Gb RAM
Intel i7 5820k, Win7 64-bit
NVidia GTX 970 4Gb ACX 2.0
Track IR, CH Fighterstick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals