Author Topic: Gauge reflections part 2  (Read 236 times)

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
Gauge reflections part 2
« on: August 19, 2012, 11:54:19 AM »
After the latest patch I could add one notch on environment mapping slider with, to my pleasure no more showing the inside of the tower. Thank you, HTC!

However, I noticed that the mirrored image works like the artificial horizon gauge, or the .target function. Shouldn't the gauge glasses work as rear mirrors? If so, only the landscape should move in the mirrored image, not the inside objects in the cockpit. I have noticed this in a FW190-A8. It is very confusing to see the back rest of the seat with the red "Haubenabwurf..." label move sideways while taxiing, not to mention in-flight when the gauges have mirror images of the cockpit whirling like in a merry-go-round.

The mirroring indeed seems to work like the .target function. On the runway it shows what is expected, that is the back rest, but then the hullaballoo starts. The gauges mirror correctly only when flying level to the direction of the runway.
Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni