Author Topic: Gold as money, again: is this the first step?  (Read 1631 times)

Offline RngFndr

• Nickel Member
Re: Gold as money, again: is this the first step?
« Reply #15 on: August 21, 2012, 08:37:13 PM »
it's not actually over valued. in fact, technically speaking, the price of gold hasn't gone up, but rather the value of a dollar has gone down the sewer. this means it takes more of them to buy that gold. 

in the end, the result is the same, but the path to get to that result is different.

Exactly right! "Quantitative Easing".. Intentional devaluation of the Dollar.. This is how they suck the life right out of an economy!
Like an invisible tax..

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #16 on: August 21, 2012, 09:12:17 PM »
Exactly right! "Quantitative Easing".. Intentional devaluation of the Dollar.. This is how they suck the life right out of an economy!
Like an invisible tax..
correct....but we can all beat them at that game.

ever have somone come into your workplace and say "i dunno if i can afford that right now, with the economy the way it is and all."? well, guess what? THEY are the economy. them, you, me.....WE are the economy. if everyone stops saying "the economy this" or the economy that, and purchases that tv, or car, or lawn tractor.....whelp.....things will roll along nicely.

that said, if things did go to poop as far as paper money goes.......then there is/will be something much more valuable than gold. skills.

the funny thing is, that if i need/want to buy something for me.....i him and haw over it for awhile. hell......i himed and hawed for nearly 6 months before buying my gt. ask golfer. i think i was makin' the poor guy nuts, loilol. yet when i want/need to buy something for my shop......i plunk the money down at the blink of an eye.
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #17 on: August 21, 2012, 09:16:11 PM »
Big fuss about nothing if ya ask me. If things get that bad I'll just barter for things like they did in the old days. What I can't barter for, I'll just have to do without....simple as that.
Lighten up Francis

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #18 on: August 21, 2012, 09:17:42 PM »
Big fuss about nothing if ya ask me. If things get that bad I'll just barter for things like they did in the old days. What I can't barter for, I'll just have to do without....simple as that.

that's what i was talking about when i said "skills". there's always gonna be bartering. it still goes on today.
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline RngFndr

• Nickel Member
« Reply #19 on: August 21, 2012, 09:28:02 PM »
correct....but we can all beat them at that game.

ever have somone come into your workplace and say "i dunno if i can afford that right now, with the economy the way it is and all."? well, guess what? THEY are the economy. them, you, me.....WE are the economy. if everyone stops saying "the economy this" or the economy that, and purchases that tv, or car, or lawn tractor.....whelp.....things will roll along nicely.

that said, if things did go to poop as far as paper money goes.......then there is/will be something much more valuable than gold. skills.

the funny thing is, that if i need/want to buy something for me.....i him and haw over it for awhile. hell......i himed and hawed for nearly 6 months before buying my gt. ask golfer. i think i was makin' the poor guy nuts, loilol. yet when i want/need to buy something for my shop......i plunk the money down at the blink of an eye.

Somebody said.. "If you are falling off a cliff, you might as well try to fly!"
No thanks, big trouble is comin, I don't want my posterior hangin out too far right now..
Carrying very little debt, almost none.. Stashing away everything I can..
Not just PM.. All of it, Beans Bandages Bullets and Bucks.. Solar power, water purification..
« Last Edit: August 21, 2012, 09:30:02 PM by RngFndr »

Offline RTHolmes

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #20 on: August 21, 2012, 09:30:25 PM »
yeah that is bad advice. it should be "sell sell sell!" not "spend spend spend!"
71 (Eagle) Squadron

What most of us want to do is simply shoot stuff and look good doing it - Chilli

Offline Ardy123

• Gold Member
« Reply #21 on: August 21, 2012, 09:35:22 PM »
yeah that is bad advice. it should be "sell sell sell!" not "spend spend spend!"

Let me know when all of you plan on selling... I'll buy buy buy....

Despite the high unemployment rate, companies are sitting on tons of cash (and sitting on cash is a poor way to add shareholder value), direct foreign investment into the USA is higher than it has been in a while and it maybe a while before we get a nice discount on assets again. Seriously, don't be fooled, times are not be great, but the sky is far from falling.
Yeah, that's right, you just got your rear handed to you by a fuggly puppet!
==Army of Muppets==
(Bunnies)

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #22 on: August 21, 2012, 09:41:02 PM »

well, in order for you to sell, someone has to spend, right?
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #23 on: August 21, 2012, 09:42:51 PM »
Let me know when all of you plan on selling... I'll buy buy buy....

Despite the high unemployment rate, companies are sitting on tons of cash (and sitting on cash is a poor way to add shareholder value), direct foreign investment into the USA is higher than it has been in a while and it maybe a while before we get a nice discount on assets again. Seriously, don't be fooled, times are not be great, but the sky is far from falling.

this last line which i bolded......THAT is my point. people listen to the news talking heads. those talking heads have them convinced that the sky is indeed falling, and that it is being caused by a big evil cloud called the economy. nearly EVERYONE fails to realize that THEY are the economy.
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline RTHolmes

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #24 on: August 21, 2012, 09:43:19 PM »
by "sell" I mean sell your labour, dont sit on your arse. or if you run a business grow (sell more!), and preferably export. credit is cheap at the moment so borrow to invest, not to consume.
71 (Eagle) Squadron

What most of us want to do is simply shoot stuff and look good doing it - Chilli

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #25 on: August 21, 2012, 09:46:23 PM »
by "sell" I mean sell your labour, dont sit on your arse. or if you run a business grow (sell more!), and preferably export. credit is cheap at the moment so borrow to invest, not to consume.

aahh.....

i spend my days trying to grow my shop. i'd like to have a full time tech by christmas, and mechanic by my birthday next year.
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Ardy123

• Gold Member
« Reply #26 on: August 21, 2012, 09:46:27 PM »
it's not actually over valued. in fact, technically speaking, the price of gold hasn't gone up, but rather the value of a dollar has gone down the sewer. this means it takes more of them to buy that gold.  

Gold is a free floating commodity... Its demand drives the price, not the value of the dollar.  Don't fail to forget that the rest of the world can also purchase gold, so no gold will go up in price as world demand increases it. And as the much of the world is in far worse economic situation, they have turned to gold to protect their assets, (driving up the price). Yes the dollar has lost value but no where near the rate at which gold has climbed.

Ultimately, what you think the price should be is your opinion, not fact. And if you are willing to find someone who thinks its worth more, then good for you and sell it to them, if not, your stuck holding the bag....

EDIT:

I agree, now is the time to hire the good employees before the get sucked up by another biz.... (and possibly on a discount).
« Last Edit: August 21, 2012, 09:48:37 PM by Ardy123 »
Yeah, that's right, you just got your rear handed to you by a fuggly puppet!
==Army of Muppets==
(Bunnies)

Offline RngFndr

• Nickel Member
« Reply #27 on: August 21, 2012, 09:48:11 PM »
What are the elites doing??? What are the high ranking govt employees doing???
They have been hiring contractors to build hidden fortresses in the middle of nowhere..
All of them not provided a govt bunker, are getting ready to  :bolt:

These people have the inside track on the program, and time is getting short..
I wish it wasn't so, but this is no BS, stone cold fact..

This is a huge sign.. Just like the Japanese embassy being ordered to burn their
code books, classified material, and destroy their cipher machine...
« Last Edit: August 21, 2012, 09:58:07 PM by RngFndr »

Offline RTHolmes

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #28 on: August 21, 2012, 09:48:47 PM »
i spend my days trying to grow my shop. i'd like to have a full time tech by christmas, and mechanic by my birthday next year.

^ this is what drives economies, good on ya :aok
71 (Eagle) Squadron

Offline RTHolmes

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #29 on: August 21, 2012, 09:51:48 PM »
I agree, now is the time to hire the good employees before the get sucked up by another biz.... (and possibly on a discount).

definitely, we made a decision to expand into the recession a few years back and have been scooping up great staff from businesses that havent survived it. the bust part of the business cycle really sorts the men from the boys, the cowboys cant weather it.
71 (Eagle) Squadron