Author Topic: multiple accounts  (Read 3584 times)

Offline Nathan60

• Platinum Member
Re: multiple accounts
« Reply #45 on: August 24, 2012, 03:24:23 PM »
If you wanted to stop spying you could simply up side switching to 24 hours,.
HamHawk
Wing III-- Pigs on The Wing
FSO--JG54
CHUGGA-CHUGGA, CHOO-CHOO
Pigs go wing deep

Offline Poppy

• Copper Member
« Reply #46 on: August 24, 2012, 05:12:33 PM »
Beware what we wish for . . I thought of something that's quite possibly "the bigger culprit" than a seperate account could ever be and that's Team Speak. Being on TS like many of us are it's pretty clear this has way more of an advantage even more so when it comes to the cost. We've all witnessed our wingmen do extraordinary things and get accused of performing some cheat so take it all in stride, that's usually the case I'm sure . . I personally have no want for reason to have bans on the things we use in game for fun. I'll shut up now . .  :bhead
Poppy XO -55FG/38FS-
"Heinie Honking and Loco Busting"

Offline crazyivan

• Gold Member
« Reply #47 on: August 24, 2012, 08:34:43 PM »
I agree using TS, Ventrilo type comms. In individual tourney's like KOTH, is weak imo.

I can also confirm someones passion for goon kills. I was landing my goon at town looking up, at 5 friendlys and 1 enemy 262 at 5k. As I let the troops out the 262 swooped down <bam> Das Snail. :mad: :furious :uhoh :rolleyes:

Redbull, has also killed my goon in a 262. I shall neverz forgets! :old:
« Last Edit: August 24, 2012, 08:37:59 PM by crazyivan »
POTW
"Atleast I have chicken!"- Leroy Jenkins

Offline skribetm

• Nickel Member
« Reply #48 on: August 25, 2012, 09:24:39 AM »
shade accounts =

Offline Tracerfi

• Silver Member
« Reply #49 on: August 25, 2012, 09:31:16 AM »
You cannot beat savages by becoming one.

He who must not be named

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #50 on: August 25, 2012, 11:01:28 AM »

Really ?

No, Really ?

I was just going to let your comment pass but, that just ain't right.

Have you ever flown with Cane?  I have.

Have you ever chatted with Cane ?  I have.

Have you flown near him as a friendly as he was hunting for goons ?  I have.

If he said he specializes in hunting goons why would you think he has to cheat to do it.

Maybe he is just smarter than you, better at reading a dar than you, and better at anticipating where the goon is inbound from and its path.

My guess is he didn't respond to this for 2 reasons.

1.) He didn't want to give your statement any weight by responding to it.

2.) He doesn't respond to people who act like fools.

That ain't the way Cane plays, he does not need to.

Think of his parents...... all those years "raising Cane"   :neener:
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline icepac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #51 on: August 25, 2012, 12:34:38 PM »
Multiple accounts might look good on paper but I wonder if the people who quit because of what they suspect is going on has been factored in?

Offline MajWoody

• Gold Member
« Reply #52 on: August 25, 2012, 01:21:52 PM »
SPIES, spies I tell ya. They're everywhere! It's ruining the game.  :noid :noid :noid :noid
Lets keep the stupid to a minimum.
Old Age and Treachery, will overcome youth and skill EVERYTIME

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 25, 2012, 01:51:01 PM »
Multiple accounts might look good on paper but I wonder if the people who quit because of what they suspect is going on has been factored in?

People suspect foul play no matter what really happens or what measures are being taken. Players who want to see 'spiez' everywhere will see them everywhere. We can see that daily in the MA:
Intercept a buff mission making a sector darbar for 20 minutes - "Who is you shade, no way you can find us all the time".
NOE flying through the dar circle of a CV that's unknown to them - "SPIEZ ratted us out".
A friendly bomber drags enemy fighter over a CV in the middle of the ocean. 15 minutes later enemy buffs show up and sink the CV - "They were going directly for the CV, no way they are not using spies"
You sit in the SB, waiting for the enemy CV to finally come into your arc of fire - "Some Bish/Rook/Nittard is sitting in the SB and not shooting - HTC should BAN them"

When the country switch time went from 1h to 12h the paranoids were rejoicing "Yay, no more spying for you lamers!". But we still have exactly the same amount of crying about spies like we always did. HT could up the country change time to 30 days, disable all cross country communication and ban all secondary accounts, and nothing would change. You would still ahve the same amount of actual foul play and still have the same vastly exaggerated whines about it.
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline MrGeezer

• Nickel Member
« Reply #54 on: August 25, 2012, 04:10:02 PM »
Multiple players on all 3 sides have multiple accounts. 

This is nothing new.

HTC will never stop something that gives them additional revenue.

But remember:  Those with multiple accounts never use them for evil, ever.   :rolleyes:
Killing Virtual Bad Guys Since 1995  Disabled, retired.

"Posting anything, which says anything positive about anyone, on our board, will always turn into a derogatory mess. It should be a forum posting rule."  Roy "Skuzzy" Neese

Offline kvuo75

• Gold Member
« Reply #55 on: August 25, 2012, 04:23:34 PM »
Multiple players on all 3 sides have multiple accounts. 

This is nothing new.

HTC will never stop something that gives them additional revenue.

But remember:  Those with multiple accounts never use them for evil, ever.   :rolleyes:

"evil"  :rofl

i know aces high is serious business but seems to me the vast majority of people don't care enough to even want to spy. and the ones who fear spies the most are always hiding or sneaking around, avoiding interactions with enemies.
kvuo75

Kill the manned ack.

Offline Poppy

• Copper Member
« Reply #56 on: August 25, 2012, 06:31:03 PM »
True that Kvuo it's closer to reality but we'll always wonder . . I get more irritated with the aim boters and the flicker switchers that make themselves warp all over just as you go to kill em than I do about spies, I expect the spies less than the ones that guess in the right direction. My squaddies and I are always trying to figure where things are gonna be and most of the time we wind up looking like a shade doin this but it was only a lucky educated guess. I think it was rpm's post that validates why I say beware what we wish for, I don't want any part of that  :rock
Poppy XO -55FG/38FS-
"Heinie Honking and Loco Busting"

Offline oTRALFZo

• Silver Member
« Reply #57 on: August 25, 2012, 07:25:11 PM »
seems to me the vast majority of people don't care enough to even want to spy.

You are correct. MOST don't.

Once players play for a while, the itch to reset the map just isnt there anymore.

I log in so few and far between that Im not sure what map is up or even what country I was logged in previously. I find when most common "older" players to log in, they only have time for one or 2 sorties so they look where the action is and just go. This spy business has been around for ages. You will have alot more fun in this game not being sneaky pete and trying to take the easy way out of things.
****Let the beatings begin***

in game name: Tralfaz

Offline Rob52240

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
      • My AH Films
« Reply #58 on: August 26, 2012, 07:32:48 AM »
Everyone should be forced to give HTC full access to their computers and ISP accounts.  Ventrillo passwords as well as teamspeak.  We should demand that no upgrades be made to the game in order for HTC to pay for extra staff who can monitor all of their subscribers internet and phone communications.

We must stop anyone from buying a slight advantage at all costs!
If I had a gun with 3 bullets and I was locked in a room with Bin Laden, Hitler, Saddam and Zipp...  I would shoot Zipp 3 times.

Offline Tracerfi

• Silver Member
« Reply #59 on: August 26, 2012, 07:37:02 AM »
You cannot beat savages by becoming one.

He who must not be named