Author Topic: Gun control laws do they work ?  (Read 18877 times)

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
Re: Gun control laws do they work ?
« Reply #1050 on: October 20, 2012, 04:02:11 PM »
The mass killers of innocent victims are not law abiding citizens.  They are, however, cowards who choose to harm the innocent and typically shoot themselves instead of standing accountable for their actions.  Some of us choose not to be victims. 

everybody is a law abiding citizens up until when they start shooting.  as far as I know nobody is born a criminal.  there arent many people that are criminals that just decided to go on a shooting rampage.  most of those going on shooting rampage had no criminal history and a majority of them obtained the guns legally.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #1051 on: October 20, 2012, 04:51:50 PM »
The first gun control law I want to see enforced is a mandatory 5-year prison sentence with no parole for anyone committing a crime with a gun, or in possession of an illegal gun.   The law abiding gun owners are not the problem - it is the criminals with the illegal guns.   The way I look at it, anyone in possession of an illegal gun is already a felon and needs to be treated like one before he shoots somebody.

That said, you cannot count on the police being there to protect you or your family.  I keep a rifle in the house, but truthfully the security system I am counting on is the 3 snarling dogs that you have to face when your silly butt tries to break in.   

in the town my shop';s in, average police response time is 15-20 minutes. it is delightfully excessive when necessary, but about 19 minutes too long. it's not their fault though.
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #1052 on: October 20, 2012, 04:52:38 PM »
everybody is a law abiding citizens up until when they start shooting.  as far as I know nobody is born a criminal.  there arent many people that are criminals that just decided to go on a shooting rampage.  most of those going on shooting rampage had no criminal history and a majority of them obtained the guns legally.

semp

didn't the colombine shooters steal some of their parents guns?
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Rich46yo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #1053 on: October 20, 2012, 05:29:16 PM »
didn't the colombine shooters steal some of their parents guns?

The guns used at Columbine were purchased illegally. Everything but the Tech was bought from a gun show by a 3rd party friend and then sold to the two nitwits, "an illegal straw purchase", and the Tech9 was bought by a friend who sold it to one of the nitwits knowing he was to young to legally own the weapon. Another illegal purchase.

I seem to remember one parent of the nitwits that bought them a handgun for legal target practice use. Im not sure if this actually happened or if the handgun was used in the shootings.
"flying the aircraft of the Red Star"

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #1054 on: October 20, 2012, 06:05:46 PM »
The guns used at Columbine were purchased illegally. Everything but the Tech was bought from a gun show by a 3rd party friend and then sold to the two nitwits, "an illegal straw purchase", and the Tech9 was bought by a friend who sold it to one of the nitwits knowing he was to young to legally own the weapon. Another illegal purchase.

I seem to remember one parent of the nitwits that bought them a handgun for legal target practice use. Im not sure if this actually happened or if the handgun was used in the shootings.

the last line is what i seem to remember reading...that some of them stole their parents guns.....
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Puma44

• Platinum Member
« Reply #1055 on: October 20, 2012, 06:23:14 PM »

semp

Be a victim.  Be a survivor.  Your choice.

All gave some, Some gave all

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #1056 on: October 20, 2012, 06:35:47 PM »

semp

what does the above has to do with your comment?

Be a victim.  Be a survivor.  Your choice.

and btw I have guns in my house. 

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline Widewing

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #1057 on: October 20, 2012, 09:08:23 PM »
and btw I have guns in my house. 

semp

Me too...

Here's a few:

My regards,

Widewing

YGBSM. Retired Member of Aces High Trainer Corps, Past President of the DFC, retired from flying as Tredlite.

Offline zack1234

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #1058 on: October 21, 2012, 05:50:26 AM »
Do you have a musket? :)

Nice cushions by the way :)
There are no pies stored in this plane overnight

The GFC
Pipz lived in the Wilderness near Ontario

Offline 33Vortex

• Platinum Member
      • Dirac's equation (non truncated)
« Reply #1059 on: October 21, 2012, 06:12:29 AM »
Gun control laws don't work. It's simple to prove that point, as ordinary law abiding citizens are only prevented to be able to defend themselves while criminals always have access to weapons. So gun control laws are flawed in principle and implementation.

On top of that, gun control laws is one of the primary tools for a oppressive state to control its citizens. No gun control laws simply means that the state & federal govt can not force their agenda on their people without having to contend with their firepower. Looking at known history of mankind, gun bans have always preceeded the purges and organized killings of citizens by their state.

Government can not grant you a thing, it can only take away from you what was yours to begin with. Gun control laws are perfect examples of that.

GameID: Turner
Truth has no agenda.

Offline 33Vortex

• Platinum Member

Truth has no agenda.

Offline 33Vortex

• Platinum Member
« Reply #1061 on: October 21, 2012, 06:18:41 AM »
My hot tip of the day:

http://jtactical.com/product.php?id=2

M14 going CQB, excellent chassis! Also fits M1A.

Truth has no agenda.

Offline zack1234

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #1062 on: October 21, 2012, 06:54:25 AM »
Made In America By Americans :)

we make wicker chairs in the UK and pies, and Big-macs :)

Guns we are not allowed then because we are soft.
There are no pies stored in this plane overnight

The GFC
Pipz lived in the Wilderness near Ontario

Offline JimmyC

• Platinum Member
« Reply #1063 on: October 21, 2012, 07:59:09 AM »
some nutter just went on a rampage in wales killing women and children by running them down in his white van
any thing can be a weapon...very glad he did not have access to an arsenal of machine guns or things could have been even more horrific
nutters are nutters...
but an hour or two of thinking the wrong thoughts and turning into a nutter can happen to almost anyone...and with a cabinet of guns at your disposal when the black dog descends is scary
glad we don't have loads of firearms in the uk
i do have a shotgun though  :D I am a farmer
oh arrrr
<S>
CO 71 "Eagle" Squadron RAF
"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy."

Offline Melvin

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #1064 on: October 21, 2012, 08:04:06 AM »
My hot tip of the day:

http://jtactical.com/product.php?id=2

M14 going CQB, excellent chassis! Also fits M1A.

(Image removed from quote.)

Oh... my... God.

Burn that P.O.S. with fire please. The ultimate in tacti-tard kit to ruin your M-14/M1A1 with.

:bhead

EDIT: Why on Earth anyone would ruin this beautiful battle rifle with an abortion like that is beyond me.

« Last Edit: October 21, 2012, 08:09:49 AM by Melvin »
See Rule #4