Author Topic: Mustang police cruiser coming back?  (Read 6458 times)

Offline Captain Virgil Hilts

• Platinum Member
Re: Mustang police cruiser coming back?
« Reply #75 on: September 06, 2012, 06:31:02 PM »
Chevrolet, Mopar, and Toyota are racing Nascar with engine families that never appeared in a production car.

I didn't check on ford.

The current Chevrolet is the R07, it replaced the SB 2.2, which replaced the last production based small block, the 18 degree version (production heads have a 23 degree valve angle, not 18 degrees). The SB 2 and SB 2.2 were both based on the original production small block, the heads will bolt on a production small block. The R07 is all new, although it shares some dimensions. They used the 18 degree version of the original 23 degree production engine in the nineties, they used 23 degree engines before that, same as production.

Toyota has never had an over head valve cam in block production V8 in the 350cid range.

Mopar has pulled out, but their engine was distant kin to the old 340/360 W2 engines. At least the last one I saw 3-4 years or so ago was.

Ford was using a "blend" of the Cleveland and Windsor engines that was not a production engine ever, as far back as the very early eighties. They were using a Cleveland head, on a Windsor block (with Cleveland main bores) that was supposed to be "Australian".
"I haven't seen Berlin yet, from the ground or the air, and I plan on doing both, BEFORE the war is over."

SaVaGe

Offline Captain Virgil Hilts

• Platinum Member
« Reply #76 on: September 06, 2012, 06:33:56 PM »
yea, that it is. nascar was struggling years ago. then they started having these "fights" and "incidents" between drivers. not the ones like earnhardt/wallace used to have....but ones that are kind of like wrastling.......staged. that seems to have helped them a bit......but not to the real racers i know.
 i see yours and cvh's points though.

NASCAR plays "games" with the rules to make what they claim is "racing" into what they call "entertainment". There is far too much meddling going on, Brian France and Mike Helton are morons who are trying to run NASCAR the way the McMahons run the WWE.
"I haven't seen Berlin yet, from the ground or the air, and I plan on doing both, BEFORE the war is over."

SaVaGe

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #77 on: September 06, 2012, 06:36:36 PM »
NASCAR plays "games" with the rules to make what they claim is "racing" into what they call "entertainment". There is far too much meddling going on, Brian France and Mike Helton are morons who are trying to run NASCAR the way the McMahons run the WWE.

yea, i know. it sucks for real race fans....but they're obviously making money at it.
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline Rob52240

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
      • My AH Films
« Reply #78 on: September 12, 2012, 01:14:12 PM »
How does a two door work logistically as a police cruiser?

Has the new taurus based cruiser begun production or are they still in the design phase?

You mean when they arrest someone?  Same as a bicycle.

You want to talk about bang for the buck?  Why don't we see cops on fast bikes?  When I had my ZX7R the idea of being chased by the police was nearly laughable.
If I had a gun with 3 bullets and I was locked in a room with Bin Laden, Hitler, Saddam and Zipp...  I would shoot Zipp 3 times.

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #79 on: September 12, 2012, 01:29:25 PM »
<snip>Ford was using a "blend" of the Cleveland and Windsor engines that was not a production engine ever, as far back as the very early eighties. They were using a Cleveland head, on a Windsor block (with Cleveland main bores) that was supposed to be "Australian".

The "Austrailian" engine used a slightly different version of the Cleveland head, which flowed much better than the stock Ford Cleveland head.  Still a very much sought after head.

Ford has been selling the Windsor blocks, short blocks, long blocks, and complete engines, with Cleveland mains for many years.  It has always been an aftermarket part.  They recently updated the block with a high nodular iron content design, tagged "Boss 302 or Boss 351" available in three different deck heights.  They also have aluminum versions of the same block.  Dart and World both have Ford Windsor blocks available with the Cleveland mains as well.

Just an FYI.

EDIT:  The Aussies did use the Cleveland mained Windsor block in production.  To my knowledge that is the only place those engines were ever used in a production car.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2012, 01:44:19 PM by Skuzzy »
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline icepac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #80 on: September 12, 2012, 02:18:44 PM »
This would make a nice police cruiser.