Author Topic: Stats roundup Tour 151. Maps and the new rides  (Read 1706 times)

Offline thndregg

• Platinum Member
Re: Stats roundup Tour 151. Maps and the new rides
« Reply #15 on: September 06, 2012, 06:29:27 AM »
Yep. Your data supports my opinion as well that the "new" of any newly introduced craft wears off very quickly after people get the idea of what its limitations are after only seeing its strengths prior to introduction.

Seen it a lot since I first subscribed in '04.
Former C.O. 91st Bombardment Group (Heavy)
"The Ragged Irregulars"

Offline chris3

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.ludwigs-hobby-seite.de/
« Reply #16 on: September 06, 2012, 11:16:10 AM »
moin

thats normal, because the most famous aircrafts are already in game and thay will be used most, no other new aircraft will change this.
the problem of the 410 is that she is realy spezial you realy need to knew how to use it right and you don t have the space to made failures.
thats why most people get away fast from it. the learning prozes takes to long and there are more easyer planes to fly.

i think in a few month when only real 410 lovers fly this aircraft the stats will lock a bit better than now, and the comparasion about the B5N is a lidel bit Hard, my 410 isn t so bad if a nik is there the 410 will do well ;-).

cu christian

Offline Daddkev

• Silver Member
« Reply #17 on: September 06, 2012, 12:16:29 PM »
 :huh :huh :huh :huh I want some Pie now... :old: :old: :old: :old: :old: :old:
God Bless America
Go tell Momm, im flying! and make me a sandwich !
EvilKev

2012 68KO Cup 1st Place finisher

Offline ghi

• Gold Member
« Reply #18 on: September 06, 2012, 01:45:34 PM »
Interesting!   
Imop; Mindanao,Uterus, Small Isles and Baltic are the best fun maps for the present MA population ranging  from 100 yo 450 players/24 hours cicle.  Small front line players concentrated good fights for low or higher #, and also fun shorter trip for HQ/strats raids. I would like to see the reset % increased to 40% for this small maps.

Offline Klam

• Copper Member
« Reply #19 on: September 06, 2012, 02:14:01 PM »
In a three team event?
=Anglo-Saxon=

ingame ID: Petrol

Offline ghi

• Gold Member
« Reply #20 on: September 06, 2012, 02:54:55 PM »
In a three team event?
Yep,because large maps with 200-300 bases for MA average population is nonsense; poor quality gamming  and this maps stalled for weeks is even worst. Maybe 10% reset for large maps and 35-40% for small ones would  better blend different players preferences. Anyway , this is just my opinion ,but i would like to see all large maps removed from rotation; What for more bases than players? :headscratch:

Offline kvuo75

• Gold Member
« Reply #21 on: September 06, 2012, 05:36:12 PM »
what ever happened to mmesa or midmesa

they were both waterless maps (maybe even the same map).. mesaview is the pinkish colored one isnt it?

kvuo75

Kill the manned ack.

Offline Bruv119

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #22 on: September 06, 2012, 06:32:32 PM »
ghi is spot on with the small maps win the war %'s 

however I do recall the rotation being stuck on small maps for quite awhile and people saying the very same thing about that. (forced into actual combat)   :uhoh
The Few ***
F.P.H

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 06, 2012, 06:40:42 PM »
however I do recall the rotation being stuck on small maps for quite awhile and people saying the very same thing about that. (forced into actual combat)   :uhoh

That was in the transitional time when we were using this odd peak-offpeak arena system - the offpeak arena featured only small maps, which made sens considering the population being between 40 and ~200 players at that time.

I think there is no need to change the large map % requirement with only Trinity being the only almost non-resettable map. But we rarely see small maps being up for more than 24 hours, the sortest time until reset was 4.5 in last tour. I would not object to  an increase of the small map capture % requirement, or we could add minimum uptime if we hadn't the map for, say 20 hours, it resets to the same map.

I'm not eager to see the big maps removed (yet), as they often offer gameplay options that hardly exist on small maps.
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline SWkiljoy

• Nickel Member
« Reply #24 on: September 06, 2012, 11:31:53 PM »
I'm not eager to see the big maps removed (yet), as they often offer gameplay options that hardly exist on small maps.
+1  :aok  :rock
Proud member and Flight Leader of the 125th Spartan Warriors
<<S>> SWkiljoy

Offline chris3

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.ludwigs-hobby-seite.de/
« Reply #25 on: September 07, 2012, 03:38:55 AM »
moin

maybe we should go back to the very old reset seting for small maps, were one country need to be down to 3 bases and the country with the most bases win. I remember that old days the fights were very hard i liked it.

or we should try a new system that oly 3 bases are important to take, would be interestening for trinity and would over alot of new play dynamics.

cu christian

Offline Noir

• Platinum Member
« Reply #26 on: September 07, 2012, 05:46:00 AM »
maybe we should go back to the very old reset seting for small maps, were one country need to be down to 3 bases and the country with the most bases win. I remember that old days the fights were very hard i liked it.

it wasn't fair because 2 countries ended up ganging the other most of the time, but the action was brutal  :aok
now posting as SirNuke

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #27 on: September 07, 2012, 06:24:12 AM »
it wasn't fair because 2 countries ended up ganging the other most of the time, but the action was brutal  :aok
Knights. Always the Knights.

As compenstion they only paid around 100 in perks per 262 during this time.
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube+Twitch - 20Dolby10

"BE a man and shoot me in the back" - pez

Offline Rob52240

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
      • My AH Films
« Reply #28 on: September 07, 2012, 08:46:15 AM »
OZ Kansas is full of carriers.  Forget about the carrriers and you won't hold what you grab.
If I had a gun with 3 bullets and I was locked in a room with Bin Laden, Hitler, Saddam and Zipp...  I would shoot Zipp 3 times.

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 07, 2012, 05:37:40 PM »
Another tidbit of info: In tour 151 the reconnect feature was finally enabled and a big success: The rate of disco's per played hour went down to about one third of it's original value  :banana:
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman