Author Topic: freedom of speech  (Read 5474 times)

Offline ALFAMEGA51

• Silver Member
Re: freedom of speech
« Reply #60 on: September 07, 2012, 11:30:43 AM »
I talk complete rubbish in forums and online :old:

I thank you :old:
Haha shut up zack  :bolt:
ID:ALFAMEGA/Kyle
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Undercover Jug pilot "My brick always flys wing"

Offline RTHolmes

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #61 on: September 07, 2012, 11:56:30 AM »
They certainly do hate people with faces.

nice catch :lol
71 (Eagle) Squadron

What most of us want to do is simply shoot stuff and look good doing it - Chilli

Offline bongboy1

• Copper Member
      • Jokers Jokers
« Reply #62 on: September 07, 2012, 12:02:37 PM »

It's not advised to talk about 'cheating' either in the game or on the forum. A private email to HTC is your best bet (although I really wouldnt bther with regard to CV abuse, it's just part of the game that can't be avoided if everyone who doesnt cheat's freedom is to be respected). If you accuse someone of cheating in the arena on open channels you will almost always get chat banned for a time. Not saying you did, just letting you know.
That's bs! That'd be like the police stapling ur lips closed for reporting a crime.
Jokers Jokers

Offline perdue3

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #63 on: September 07, 2012, 12:06:59 PM »
Either way, accusing someone of anything without proof or prior knowledge is not cool. What is the definition af CV abuse anyway?

Those with the highest rank may do what they want with the CV. No need in whining about it unless you are rooting for a new CV control system. In the end, whine with all of your might, I still have your boat.
C.O. Kommando Nowotny 

FlyKommando.com

Online BigR

• Silver Member
« Reply #64 on: September 07, 2012, 12:12:11 PM »
That's bs! That'd be like the police stapling ur lips closed for reporting a crime.

Your analogy is totally wrong. You are encouraged to report anything you suspect is a little fishy, but shouting about it in the arena or the bbs is the wrong way to go about it. People are innocent until proven guilty, so if you see something, tell HTC and let THEM sort it out. Doing it that way avoids false accusations, and helps save peoples' reputations. It also saves you from looking like an idiot when you are proven wrong. The vast majority of "cheat" accusations are just plain wrong. People have PMed me many times with cheat accusations just because they got beat in a fight and couldn't comprehend what I did, or they are ignorant of a planes abilities and tell me that I did something to modify it. I have been accused of spying as well when I switched countries to find a fight on a dead night. Publicly accusing someone of cheating will do you no favors. Most people will just assume you are an idiot. Just quietly report it to HTC and let them sort it out. That is by far the best policy.

Offline Nathan60

• Platinum Member
« Reply #65 on: September 07, 2012, 12:14:40 PM »
Too Stinky disregard.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2012, 12:32:52 PM by Nathan60 »
HamHawk
Wing III-- Pigs on The Wing
FSO--JG54
CHUGGA-CHUGGA, CHOO-CHOO
Pigs go wing deep

Offline shiv

• Silver Member
« Reply #66 on: September 07, 2012, 12:19:32 PM »
Foont sir. "Report chat" is for reporting players for abusing their chat privileges. That would include racist language,obscenities, etc, etc.

It would not include a player with high rank taking command of a CV and refusing to give it up.

You are in a maze of twisty little passages, all alike.

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #67 on: September 07, 2012, 12:22:06 PM »
Your analogy is totally wrong. You are encouraged to report anything you suspect is a little fishy, but shouting about it in the arena or the bbs is the wrong way to go about it. People are innocent until proven guilty, so if you see something, tell HTC and let THEM sort it out. Doing it that way avoids false accusations, and helps save peoples' reputations. It also saves you from looking like an idiot when you are proven wrong. The vast majority of "cheat" accusations are just plain wrong. People have PMed me many times with cheat accusations just because they got beat in a fight and couldn't comprehend what I did, or they are ignorant of a planes abilities and tell me that I did something to modify it. I have been accused of spying as well when I switched countries to find a fight on a dead night. Publicly accusing someone of cheating will do you no favors. Most people will just assume you are an idiot. Just quietly report it to HTC and let them sort it out. That is by far the best policy.

I totally agree with BigR's post!!!

TC
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline Rob52240

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
      • My AH Films
« Reply #68 on: September 07, 2012, 12:23:03 PM »
I dont consider my squaddies followers. I was referring to the ex vTARDs that are in my squad described the rest of them as minions for they are to do as they are told. Doesn't matter, to make things simple I will just apologize for using the word minions. My point was, since DALLAS is back, we will switch to Bishop more often.

That's perfectly fine with me.  We don't complain about rank dictating the helm.  Do you remember the last time we met on a carrier?  If you decide to take the high road next time we'll leave the airplane hangers alone and not bring any troops.
If I had a gun with 3 bullets and I was locked in a room with Bin Laden, Hitler, Saddam and Zipp...  I would shoot Zipp 3 times.

Offline perdue3

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #69 on: September 07, 2012, 12:28:10 PM »
That's perfectly fine with me.  We don't complain about rank dictating the helm.  Do you remember the last time we met on a carrier?  If you decide to take the high road next time we'll leave the airplane hangers alone and not bring any troops.

I dont recall, my apologies.
C.O. Kommando Nowotny 

FlyKommando.com

Offline bongboy1

• Copper Member
      • Jokers Jokers
« Reply #70 on: September 07, 2012, 12:30:10 PM »
First of all, I hardly ever accuse anybody of cheating but when I do, its for good reason. I once came across a flying fuselage 110 which I pumped a whole clip into n he kept going. Filmed it n sent it to skuzzy n he said he had no idea how that happened. I'm just saying, I've been called a cheater before with my 18% hit percentage in fighter mode :neener:, but don't think they should be chat banned for it. A little harsh
Jokers Jokers

Offline Nathan60

• Platinum Member
« Reply #71 on: September 07, 2012, 12:33:09 PM »
Foont sir. "Report chat" is for reporting players for abusing their chat privileges. That would include racist language,obscenities, etc, etc.

It would not include a player with high rank taking command of a CV and refusing to give it up.

This
HamHawk
Wing III-- Pigs on The Wing
FSO--JG54
CHUGGA-CHUGGA, CHOO-CHOO
Pigs go wing deep

Offline Volron

• Platinum Member
« Reply #72 on: September 07, 2012, 12:41:43 PM »
Mr. Hitech.  I was chat banned for clicking on Alpini's name and clicking on "report chat".  Period.  Nothing else.  Do you comprehend that simple fact?  If not cancel my account please.

Quote from: hitech
Wow I find it hard to believe it has been almost 38 days since our last path. We should have release another 38 versions by now  :bhead
HiTech
Quote from: Pyro
Quote from: Jolly
What on Earth makes you think that i said that sir?!
My guess would be scotch.

Offline bongboy1

• Copper Member
      • Jokers Jokers
« Reply #73 on: September 07, 2012, 12:48:33 PM »
LoL volron
Jokers Jokers

Offline Volron

• Platinum Member
« Reply #74 on: September 07, 2012, 01:02:23 PM »
Quote from: hitech
Wow I find it hard to believe it has been almost 38 days since our last path. We should have release another 38 versions by now  :bhead
HiTech
Quote from: Pyro
Quote from: Jolly
What on Earth makes you think that i said that sir?!
My guess would be scotch.