Author Topic: Computer controlled 5" puffy should not damage friendly aircraft  (Read 5762 times)

Offline caldera

• Platinum Member
Re: Computer controlled 5" puffy should not damage friendly aircraft
« Reply #90 on: September 15, 2012, 11:06:37 AM »
Lyrics from the AH version of the "Badger" video:

"Puffy puffy puffy puffy puffy puffy puffy puffy - Pilot Wound! Pilot Wound! puffy puffy puffy puffy puffy puffy puffy puffy
Oh Insta-Kill! Insta-Kill! You're in the tower! puffy puffy puffy puffy...
"
"Then out spake brave Horatius, the Captain of the gate:
 To every man upon this earth, death cometh soon or late.
 And how can man die better, than facing fearful odds.
 For the ashes of his fathers and the temples of his Gods."

Offline lmxar

• Zinc Member
« Reply #91 on: November 26, 2012, 02:16:09 AM »
LOL A whine I have never heard before has been recorded.

HiTech

Recently thought about reactivating my account.  I instantly thought about this post (why I canceled the last time).  I think I am going to keep my money instead. 

Rule #4.

Don't flame the people keeping you in business.

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #92 on: November 26, 2012, 03:44:09 AM »
You all need to read some history. Operation Husky: 23 American C-47s shot down by friendly fire.
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #93 on: November 26, 2012, 04:41:08 AM »
Recently thought about reactivating my account.  I instantly thought about this post (why I canceled the last time).  I think I am going to keep my money instead.  

Rule #4.

It's only been a few months. I'm sure you'll eventually get over Hitech joking with another player who's still here.
Have a nice holiday.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2012, 04:43:07 AM by FLS »

Offline Babalonian

• Platinum Member
      • Pigs on the Wing
« Reply #94 on: November 26, 2012, 02:46:57 PM »
You all need to read some history. Operation Husky: 23 American C-47s shot down by friendly fire.

:rofl  :aok

I haven't seen Pand hovering too closely near enemy CVs lately, lesson learned maybe (finaly)?
« Last Edit: November 26, 2012, 02:48:52 PM by Babalonian »
-Babalon
"Let's light 'em up and see how they smoke."
POTW IIw Oink! - http://www.PigsOnTheWing.org

Wow, you guys need help.

Offline Pand

• Silver Member
      • Pand's Fighter Wing
« Reply #95 on: November 26, 2012, 03:20:42 PM »
I haven't seen Pand hovering too closely near enemy CVs lately, lesson learned maybe (finally)?
Since ineffective automated puffy firing at enemy bombers is more likely to kill a friendly fighter defending the carrier group, I now just let the enemy buffs sink the CV.  Lesson learned--- WTG team.

Regards,

Pandemonium
"HORDE not HOARD. Unless someone has a dragon sitting on top of a bunch of La7s somewhere." -80hd

Offline Volron

• Platinum Member
« Reply #96 on: November 27, 2012, 12:36:03 AM »
:rofl

Funny how it would seem that this post...

LOL A whine I have never heard before has been recorded.

HiTech

...directed as someone else, who still plays, caused this guy...

Recently thought about reactivating my account.  I instantly thought about this post (why I canceled the last time).  I think I am going to keep my money instead. 

Rule #4.

...to quit. :noid

At least this is how it reads to me. :rofl

Quote from: hitech
Wow I find it hard to believe it has been almost 38 days since our last path. We should have release another 38 versions by now  :bhead
HiTech
Quote from: Pyro
Quote from: Jolly
What on Earth makes you think that i said that sir?!
My guess would be scotch.

Offline Noir

• Platinum Member
« Reply #97 on: November 27, 2012, 01:47:35 AM »
well in lmxar's defence puffy ack is the most irritating "feature" of this game (close behind the flipping tank trees), and when you have been hoping for a change for years, seeing that kind of answers from the programmers is a bit disappointing, if no frustating  :(
now posting as SirNuke

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #98 on: November 27, 2012, 08:33:08 AM »

Rule #4.

If you decided not to reactivate because of a 2 month old thread, obviously you were looking for a reason not to reactivate. It is called burnout.

HiTech

Offline Traveler

• Gold Member
      • 113th Lucky Strikes
« Reply #99 on: November 27, 2012, 10:32:10 AM »
If you decided not to reactivate because of a 2 month old thread, obviously you were looking for a reason not to reactivate. It is called burnout.

HiTech

Maybe it’s because the problem as described and discussed in this thread has been around for a very long time. 

And almost always people ask for it to do more damage to friendly's and this IS the FIRST time I have seen it asked for differently.
HiTech

Not sure where you been, but I’ve seen this request raised many times, by many different OP’s.   Flak over a CV group, any CV group, friend or foe should pose a threat to any aircraft in the area, friend or foe. 
It’s been my experience that I can fly B17’s directly on a straight line course directly to an nme carrier, directly over and directly away from ,  and never get touched by flak.   If I do the same thing in a single fighter type aircraft I’m dead meat.   
Traveler
Executive Officer
113th LUcky Strikes
http://www.hitechcreations.com/wiki/index.php/113th_Lucky_Strikes

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
« Reply #100 on: November 27, 2012, 11:20:20 AM »
Traveler you are changing the topic, to a general complaint about puffy ack. Obviously that has been around for a long time, and just like your re posting of the great myth that fighters are hit more then bombers (pure and utter nonsenses).

I have seen many complaints about flack that then also state, well if it going to shoot at me, it should also be able to hit the plane following me, to which we respond it all ready does.

So I can remember many request for it to hit friendly's.(the exact opposite request of the OP) I may have missed them, but before this thread, I can not remember one post requesting the flack not to hit friendlies.

I still see humor in these request, you are complaining that ack is to accurate and kills you to much when you fly into it with a fighter. Pand is complaining that the ack is not accurate enough, because it hit him when the ack  was aiming at a different player.

HiTech

Offline Pand

• Silver Member
      • Pand's Fighter Wing
« Reply #101 on: November 27, 2012, 11:23:14 AM »
I still see humor in these request, you are complaining that ack is to accurate and kills you to much when you fly into it with a fighter. Pand is complaining that the ack is not accurate enough, because it hit him when the ack  was aiming at a different player.
HiTech
Clarification... flak is not accurate enough when attacking straight and level enemy bombers... Fighters get vaporized.

Regards,

Pandemonium
"HORDE not HOARD. Unless someone has a dragon sitting on top of a bunch of La7s somewhere." -80hd

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
« Reply #102 on: November 27, 2012, 11:53:35 AM »
Clarification... flak is not accurate enough when attacking straight and level enemy bombers... Fighters get vaporized.

Again great myth, there is zero, nada, nothing different about shooting at bombers vs fighters. Bombers can simply survive more hits.

HiTech

Offline Traveler

• Gold Member
      • 113th Lucky Strikes
« Reply #103 on: November 27, 2012, 12:16:13 PM »
First I’m not making a complaint and I’m sorry if you see my observation as a complaint.   I only stated that flak around a CV should be a concern to any pilot of any aircraft .  That’s why German pilots remained away from the flak zones because they took as much damage as the bombers.  While you state that fighters being hit more than bombers as pure and utter nonsense I have to point out, that it’s been my observation and experience that I have flown bombers formations directly at a CV group and kill that CV group and never took a hit .   I’ve attempted to do that with P38L and took lots of damage.  So while you say that is nonsense, my direct experience has been different.  Again, that’s not a complaint.  That’s my observation.
Traveler
Executive Officer
113th LUcky Strikes
http://www.hitechcreations.com/wiki/index.php/113th_Lucky_Strikes

Offline icepac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #104 on: November 27, 2012, 12:17:38 PM »
I have never been hit by friendly player controlled 5 inch puffy ack.

I didn't know it was possible.