Author Topic: Unperk the Mosquito Mk. XVI  (Read 7011 times)

Offline Daddkev

• Silver Member
Re: Unperk the Mosquito Mk. XVI
« Reply #45 on: September 08, 2012, 07:17:11 PM »
 :headscratch: :headscratch: :headscratch: :headscratch: :headscratch: :headscratch: :headscratch:
God Bless America
Go tell Momm, im flying! and make me a sandwich !
EvilKev

2012 68KO Cup 1st Place finisher

Offline icepac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #46 on: September 08, 2012, 09:56:58 PM »
I have no idea what you are talking about

I was mistaken.....it was Biggamer who's m3 I got with the left over bomb after dropping HQ.

It was you who sent the nasty PM because you were nearby.

I challenged you early on today in the arena to up some mossies and prove your claim but saw no mossies all day.

« Last Edit: September 08, 2012, 10:23:36 PM by icepac »

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #47 on: September 08, 2012, 11:23:12 PM »
icepac,

I will try to make some time during the week.  My days off are Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday.  No promises right now though as I have a lot going on.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline DMGOD

• Silver Member
      • DRUNKEN MONKEYS
« Reply #48 on: September 08, 2012, 11:33:05 PM »
I was mistaken.....it was Biggamer who's m3 I got with the left over bomb after dropping HQ.

It was you who sent the nasty PM because you were nearby.

I challenged you early on today in the arena to up some mossies and prove your claim but saw no mossies all day.

if you are referring to me I did not send any nasty Pm's please stop lying
Because every pretty girl deserves to go to a ball.  http://thedrunkenmonkeys.webs.com

This is the smartest saying ever, period. nothing beats it if you really look deep into he meaning. your a g*&da^*genius dmgod  :aok

Offline BigR

• Silver Member
« Reply #49 on: September 09, 2012, 02:05:36 AM »
He ought to have been higher to start with, but even limited like that he ought to have fought you.  The Mossie is more agile in the turn than the P-51D is and it is possible to stretch the fight out too long for the P-51.

Never never never give up.

Co alt co E, the mustang will fly circles around the mossie at any alt. I dont know where you are getting this whole more agile thing.

Offline bozon

• Platinum Member
« Reply #50 on: September 09, 2012, 07:35:23 AM »
Karnak is welcome to bring his mossie to bomb a city complex this weekend and I will gladly intercept him......maybe even in a 110g.
Lets say that you are waiting for it. If the mossie evades your first pass, you will never see it again.

Co alt co E, the mustang will fly circles around the mossie at any alt. I dont know where you are getting this whole more agile thing.
You got it backwards. I have not tested the Mossie XVI turning at high alt, but the mossie VI on the deck will flat out turn the P51D and handily so as long as it got the WEP. Mossie VI without WEP is a bit underpowered for stall turning. I am talking about sustained turn at speeds lower than 200 when the Mossie flaps come out. Above 200, and instantaneous turns, the P51 holds the advantage.
Mosquito VI - twice the spitfire, four times the ENY.

Click!>> "So, you want to fly the wooden wonder" - <<click!
the almost incomplete and not entirely inaccurate guide to the AH Mosquito.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGOWswdzGQs

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #51 on: September 09, 2012, 08:02:11 AM »
From all the P-51s that I've killed in the Mossie VI.  None of them seem to be able to turn with me.
Petals floating by,
             As she remembers me-

Offline icepac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #52 on: September 09, 2012, 10:33:24 AM »
Bring on the mossies and I will intercept them.

If you see me in the arena and I am on a different country, send me the challenge.

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #53 on: September 09, 2012, 01:48:00 PM »
Bring on the mossies and I will intercept them.

If you see me in the arena and I am on a different country, send me the challenge.

Will do, but I'll do it as I cross into your radar coverage, otherwise it isn't an intercept but rather a WWI style patrol.

I will pick a target fairly deep into enemy territory.  It could be the city, a factory complex, a town or an air field.  I will commit to that target but I won't tell you what it is, though I will assure you it won't be in Me163 range.  I will also be using a single Mosquito Mk XVI as I don't use formations with it.

Which fighter do you think you'll use?
Petals floating by,
             As she remembers me-

Offline Hap

• Gold Member
« Reply #54 on: September 09, 2012, 04:01:33 PM »
Sometimes, a player's failure to plan surprises me.  Apologies to any for whom planning ruins their fun.  Here's an example.  A month or so ago, I was chasing dar bars and hi-alt dots for want for a better thing to do.

I think I was in a Hellcat: a great plane but not a hot rod.  I flew towards a base thinking it was my foe's most likely target.  And, I was right.  Turns out it was a formation of Mossie Buffs.  Not at their speed zone but between the cloud layer and 20K.  I put it out on country, and heard no response.

But how I found out that he was flying a Mossie was the guy, after dropping, flew back into dar rings rather than skirting them.  On that map, forget which one, there was ample room to fly home out side of the rings.

Moral of the story: find your ride's speed zone.  Allow enough time to achieve that speed, and do what needs to be done to maintain whatever advantage you have.  And plan a way to get home.  Especially with perk planes.

And the crowd who says "that's too much work and ruins my fun" might be exactly right, for I see such exhibited frequently.

Flown at the right alt, speed, and in the right places, our buff Mossie is a beast.  "Unstoppable?"  By no means.  But a good deal of forethought can add to one's "fun," especially if you have bud's in tow.

My way isn't to fly at 35K feet and not be threatened.  It is to make reasonable choices ahead of time given the bird, objective, and likely deterrence one might encounter.  The easiest thing I found is Aces High is to fly dumb.  I still do it to myself from time to time.  

Oh, end of the Mossie story.  I never got close enough, but other Bish players did.  He didn't make it home all for a lack of planning.

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #55 on: September 09, 2012, 04:25:31 PM »
Hap,

When I fly a Mossie bomber sortie, I prefer that people try to intercept me.  It makes it more interesting.
Petals floating by,
             As she remembers me-

Offline icepac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #56 on: September 09, 2012, 04:29:12 PM »
Will do, but I'll do it as I cross into your radar coverage, otherwise it isn't an intercept but rather a WWI style patrol.

I will pick a target fairly deep into enemy territory.  It could be the city, a factory complex, a town or an air field.  I will commit to that target but I won't tell you what it is, though I will assure you it won't be in Me163 range.  I will also be using a single Mosquito Mk XVI as I don't use formations with it.

Which fighter do you think you'll use?

Yak9 if it is short notice and 110g if it is over strats.

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #57 on: September 09, 2012, 05:12:04 PM »
Is your in game name "icepac"?  Mine is "Karnak".
Petals floating by,
             As she remembers me-

Offline icepac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #58 on: September 10, 2012, 08:10:29 AM »
Someone mentioned mossies at 25k over a field but they only penetrated half a sector in and bombed two towns along the coast.

If this plane is truly immune to interception, I would be hitting the strats with it.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2012, 08:43:13 AM by icepac »

Offline tunnelrat

• Silver Member
« Reply #59 on: September 10, 2012, 08:35:46 AM »
Hap,

When I fly a Mossie bomber sortie, I prefer that people try to intercept me.  It makes it more interesting.

Me too, except for last night, I was on my 4th rearm and damned Zoney rolled up in my gravy while I was getting some more Michael Collins (medicinal) - shanks a wing, just keeps on his merry little bastard way.

( :salute Zoney)
In-Game: 80hd
The Spartans do not enquire how many the enemy are but where they are.