Author Topic: Unperk the Mosquito Mk. XVI  (Read 7225 times)

Offline Scherf

• Gold Member
Re: Unperk the Mosquito Mk. XVI
« Reply #210 on: September 17, 2012, 09:29:11 PM »
Second trip over city, second time I lost a Mossie to strat flak. This one PW'ed me, with the inevitable result.

Burst and hit sprite.

« Last Edit: September 17, 2012, 09:50:55 PM by Scherf »
... missions were to be met by the commitment of alerted swarms of fighters, composed of Me 109's and Fw 190's, that were strategically based to protect industrial installations. The inferior capabilities of these fighters against the Mosquitoes made this a hopeless and uneconomical effort. 1.JD KTB

Offline Scherf

• Gold Member
« Reply #211 on: September 17, 2012, 09:30:52 PM »
Double-checked, those are four separate films.

I'll try flying straight until puffy stops, but I can't see that it can make a difference, as I've been hit low, high, faster, slower, straight and turning, before and after the strats.

I really don't want to just perk farm, though clearly it's more profitable than going to strats.

Saw one guy land 36k damage in a Mossie XVI - just prior to that there was a Bish upped from the southeast corner and went on a tour of Rookland towns, I assume that was him.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2012, 09:54:40 PM by Scherf »
... missions were to be met by the commitment of alerted swarms of fighters, composed of Me 109's and Fw 190's, that were strategically based to protect industrial installations. The inferior capabilities of these fighters against the Mosquitoes made this a hopeless and uneconomical effort. 1.JD KTB

Offline kvuo75

• Gold Member
« Reply #212 on: September 17, 2012, 09:38:23 PM »
lesson learned = don't fly mossies near strats. farm town centers instead.  :aok

instead of unperk the mossie 16, I say get rid of AI puffy ack.. but that is several other threads :)
kvuo75

Kill the manned ack.

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #213 on: September 17, 2012, 09:59:19 PM »
Well, I've been hit many times by the flak over the city, but the only damage it has ever caused other than a hole in the skin was a punctured inner port fuel tank.

Dunno what to tell you, Scherf.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline Scherf

• Gold Member
« Reply #214 on: September 17, 2012, 11:03:47 PM »
Well, "inner port wing" seems a consistent theme, to say the least.

Offline Babalonian

• Platinum Member
      • Pigs on the Wing
« Reply #215 on: September 18, 2012, 01:56:52 AM »
Finished painting my friend's bakery tonight, gonna be open soon I hope now.

Gonna do one strat mossie sortie, shower and eat on climbout, and will see if I can loose some perks too.
-Babalon
"Let's light 'em up and see how they smoke."
POTW IIw Oink! - http://www.PigsOnTheWing.org

Wow, you guys need help.

Offline Scherf

• Gold Member
« Reply #216 on: September 18, 2012, 02:44:12 AM »
Heheh.

:aok

Offline phatzo

• Gold Member
      • No Crying
« Reply #217 on: September 18, 2012, 03:10:33 AM »
I went to the bish strat a few more times today too but took trios. Still unscathed from my strat runs. I was going to give you a yell to see if you wanted to do one with me, but as usual the kids started being turds and my days flying was over.
No thank you Turkish, I'm sweet enough.

Offline Volron

• Platinum Member
« Reply #218 on: September 18, 2012, 03:18:46 AM »
A while ago, I had strat ack take out the left wing on my Mossy before.  I was surprised I didn't just explode outright considering it was a DIRECT hit.  Most of the time I come away unscathed or with only a couple of holes here and there.  Prior to the wing being blasted off, the most damage I ever sustained was a fuel leak.

I STILL say for a target of it's importance (especially now with the changes made), the Capital's are nowhere near heavily defended enough by puffy. :noid
Quote from: hitech
Wow I find it hard to believe it has been almost 38 days since our last path. We should have release another 38 versions by now  :bhead
HiTech
Quote from: Pyro
Quote from: Jolly
What on Earth makes you think that i said that sir?!
My guess would be scotch.

Offline Babalonian

• Platinum Member
      • Pigs on the Wing
« Reply #219 on: September 18, 2012, 03:19:38 AM »
Scherf gonna hate me, got pinged once good first pass, two straight passes through the strats, only three holes to my port upper fuselage, outside and along the canopy, no damage.  Average alt 28.56k, speed 375 for bombing (full throttle), going wep after drop until I cleared the ack on my second pass.  100% fuel, 6x500lbers loadout.  Two towns hit and 4 drops on bish fuel for 25% of it...  not too shaby if I say so myself.  ETA til landing about 15-20 min.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2012, 03:22:50 AM by Babalonian »
-Babalon

Wow, you guys need help.

Offline Babalonian

• Platinum Member
      • Pigs on the Wing
« Reply #220 on: September 18, 2012, 03:34:06 AM »

-Babalon

Wow, you guys need help.

Offline Scherf

• Gold Member
« Reply #221 on: September 18, 2012, 11:26:38 AM »
Heheheh, yes, I hate you.

Nice run.

Haven't tried the 6x500s, will have to see.

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #222 on: September 18, 2012, 12:40:03 PM »
There seems to be an awful lot of left side favoritism by the flak going on here....
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline Babalonian

• Platinum Member
      • Pigs on the Wing
« Reply #223 on: September 18, 2012, 06:45:39 PM »
Heheheh, yes, I hate you.

Nice run.

Haven't tried the 6x500s, will have to see.

The way my logic is with choosing the 500lbers is that it's as good if not better (more flexible) than the 4k cookie except when boming CVs, Shore Batts, or utilising a single mossie to score potato (no formation, repeatedly landing to rearm and then going out to bomb an untouched enemy town, rince and repeat for 3-4 hours (or longer)).

Which reminds me, I need to wish for a sound to be added that is (or can be configured) really loud and plays when you loose host connection.  This way I can sleep, leave my PC on, and hide my mossie in a quiet hangar.  If I DC, I wake up and reconnect.  :aok  :devil

There seems to be an awful lot of left side favoritism by the flak going on here....

I don't have film, but the holes in my plane would support that the only hit I took was to my upper port fuselage...  also note that the first screenshot Scherf shared of one of his demises, he was executing a port-side turn.
-Babalon

Wow, you guys need help.

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #224 on: September 18, 2012, 06:51:24 PM »

Which reminds me, I need to wish for a sound to be added that is (or can be configured) really loud and plays when you loose host connection. 

Seriously, that would be great! I don't like to sit in front of my screen on my 2h+ bombing runs, as a matter of fact I don't even have the time. I do all my household stuff on climbeout, but it's rather unnerving to run back to the PC every 5 minutes to check if there had been a disco.
I really would like to have an acoustic alert that would call me back from the kitchen to do the reconnect in time!

:pray
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman