Author Topic: Awesome Sights Preview  (Read 1973 times)

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
Re: Awesome Sights Preview
« Reply #15 on: September 06, 2012, 08:35:51 PM »
The original post reads better if you do it in a Billy Mays' voice.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Butcher

• Platinum Member
« Reply #16 on: September 06, 2012, 08:46:02 PM »

ack-ack

That man could sell anything.
JG 52

Offline USRanger

• AvA Staff Member
  • Plutonium Member
      • BoP Home
« Reply #17 on: September 06, 2012, 09:34:43 PM »

ack-ack

:rofl  You're right!
Axis vs Allies Staff Member
☩ JG11 Sonderstaffel ☩
Flying 'Black[Death] 10' ☩JG11☩

Only the Proud, Only the Strong Ne Desit Virtus

Offline StrungFlanker

• Zinc Member
« Reply #18 on: September 06, 2012, 10:00:11 PM »
Haha chipotle

Offline Daddkev

• Silver Member
« Reply #19 on: September 06, 2012, 10:32:32 PM »
 :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl
God Bless America
Go tell Momm, im flying! and make me a sandwich !
EvilKev

2012 68KO Cup 1st Place finisher

Offline Rob52240

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
      • My AH Films
« Reply #20 on: September 07, 2012, 08:04:28 AM »

ack-ack

+1

!!!!!REST IN PEACE BILLY MAYES!!!!!

But wait there's more!  Download today and we'll throw in these two beauties at no charge.

If you aren't completely satisfied just upload strung's back and keep these two free as a gift from us.

« Last Edit: September 07, 2012, 08:10:32 AM by Rob52240 »
If I had a gun with 3 bullets and I was locked in a room with Bin Laden, Hitler, Saddam and Zipp...  I would shoot Zipp 3 times.

Offline tunnelrat

• Silver Member
« Reply #21 on: September 07, 2012, 08:56:58 AM »
These sights are great when you are too close for missiles and have to switch to guns.

In-Game: 80hd
The Spartans do not enquire how many the enemy are but where they are.

Offline doc1kelley

• Silver Member
« Reply #22 on: September 07, 2012, 11:29:37 AM »
Guys, I apologize, I do understand 60% maybe off the chart; but my sights provide high contrast and vibrant alignment references with targets right in front of you and allows you to adjust your aiming and the sights are pretty handsome so you cant even blink so it does improve your aim...

...in addition to knowing the strengths and weaknesses between your host plane and the adversary, experience, number hours of flights, number of sorties, etc. etc....

My interest is to provide free, non-taxable products such as my sights to all pilots regardless of loyalty (rooks, knights, or bishops).

Also, my name in the game is 49Flanke, recently joined the 49th Fighter Group;

And, for free of charge, I will disclose that I have currently increased about .02 in my kill/deat(+1) ratio in a baseline of 0.03 increase in my kill per sortie and a .06% increase in fighter rank...

Oh and not to forget that my damage points have increased 500% this season due to high accuracy in hitting radars with 1000 lbs with these sights.

Well I'll welcome you to the game but your first mistake is to be overly concerned with score/KD ratios!  Yes, in fact the game is infested with "Score potatos" and other such vermin. :D  The whole point in here is to enjoy yourself and have a good time.  If it's scores that float your boat, well good for you but if it's statistics that float your boat... Contact SNAILMAN as he is the current statistical pie chart king in this game.

All the Best...

Jay
awDoc1
The Flying Circus Rocks! We're clowns of a different color!

Beer! helping ugly folks get laid!

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #23 on: September 07, 2012, 02:56:28 PM »
+1

But wait there's more!  Download today and we'll throw in these two beauties at no charge.
(Image removed from quote.) (Image removed from quote.)

If you aren't completely satisfied just upload strung's back and keep these two free as a gift from us.

LOL! 

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #24 on: September 07, 2012, 03:11:12 PM »
Greetings,

Thank you for visiting my post to see an awesome work made just for you! Want to improve your accuracy? These sights will help and you will see a 60% increase in your victories! And most of all, it's free!

So Strung do you even know that you can build gunsights in 512x512 where 1Mil = 2Pixel with much better detail? You will need to include a (.mil) file with the same name as your ginsight's (.bmp) file with the number 256 in it for the reticle to show correctly.

(gunsight.bmp) will need (gunsight.mil) with it in your sights directory.

I always post up my Historic Pacs for free. They are Mil correct for each country's gunsight.

AHHistoric.zip ===> http://www3.zippyshare.com/v/81824563/file.html

Your reticle look like they were copied from another game that offers only jets or "TIE" fighters with active HUD displays which do all of the thinking and range estimates for you like an AIMBOT. Even though this game has the K14 gyroscopic gunsight, it's inert and not active. It's presented as a projected reflector display gunsight.

Do you know anything about why the different countries in WW2 chose the ring diameters they did? Everything from a single Dot, 30, 35, 50, 70, 100, 120Mil. Most of them were 100Mil so the pilot would know the distance to a target by it's wingspan relationship to the radius or diameter of the 100Mil ring. The second reason for the 100Mil ring was percentage of hold off to lead a con. The british called it a "100mph Ring" in the Barr&Stroud GM MkII you see in our spits. The distance a con traveled left to right at 200 yards going 100mph. You lead by the edge of the ring on the cons nose. It was a hold over from WWI when gunsights were iron rings. The space in the horizontal BAR in the MkII could be adjusted for the width of a fighter or bomber wingspan at a specific distance.

Here is what the NAVY displayed in their Mk8M6 for fighters and the Russians in their PBP1 in the Lavochkin\Yak and the Barr&Stroud GM MkII.

U.S. NAVY Mk8M6

Russian PBP1

Barr&Stroud GM MkII

bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline SilverZ06

• Silver Member
« Reply #25 on: September 08, 2012, 06:23:32 AM »
Those look fantastic Bustr! Is there a way to make them larger in game?  I have to zoom in to see it at a decent size.

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #26 on: September 09, 2012, 06:59:17 PM »
Going to 75% zoom makes them 2 inches in diameter on a 20 inch monitor which is about real life size or about 50mm dia. The default game FoV reduces the ring to 3\4 inch or about 17mm dia. Since the game is limited in the periferal vision it can show us, the default pilot FoV is as small as you are complaining about so you can have a larger FoV by default.

The gunsight is scaled correctly for real life when you increase zoom on a 100Mil main circle until it measures 50mm dia on your monitor screen for a 20-22 inch monitor. In the cockpit the reflector plate was between 16-18 inches from the pilot's eye. Most of us sit back 24-32 inches from our monitors so we don't go cross eyed.

A simpler solution is to use a Dot or a small cross.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline RedBull1

• Gold Member
« Reply #27 on: September 09, 2012, 08:31:20 PM »
+1

(Image removed from quote.) (Image removed from quote.)

NOW YOU CAN GET THIS AMAZING OFFER, AT JUST $19.95!
"There is absolutely no point discussing anything on the BBS, it's mostly populated by people who are right about everything, no one listens and everyone is just talking. People will argue over the shape of an egg." -Anonymous