Author Topic: Artwork 2.0  (Read 4702 times)

Offline MarineUS

• Gold Member
      • Imperial Legion
Re: Artwork 2.0
« Reply #15 on: September 10, 2012, 05:33:18 PM »
I'd give anything to be able to do that. . . .

Great work
Like, ya know, when that thing that makes you move, it has pistons and things, When your thingamajigy is providing power, you do not hear other peoples thingamajig when they are providing power.

HiTech

Offline 1pLUs44

• Gold Member
« Reply #16 on: September 10, 2012, 09:01:21 PM »
(Image removed from quote.)

I might make this a weekly or monthly thing, almost done with this one. Just started yesterday. Any tips or suggestions will be greatly appreciated  :). And if you have a suggestion for me to draw, that'd be awesome too. This way, I can make changes as I go along if you guys spot a mistake that I don't see.

I'll give you 100 bucks to paint me boxing a grizzly bear while a bald eagle drapes an American flag across my back.

Edit: AND, I'm being serious  :rock
« Last Edit: September 10, 2012, 09:05:09 PM by 1pLUs44 »
No one knows what the future may bring.

Offline ToeTag

• Silver Member
« Reply #17 on: September 10, 2012, 09:13:36 PM »
Don't listen to the manure spreaders here.  You have talent and I would recommend drawing more and more as quickly as you can.  Try drawing this in 10 minutes.  Do it 20 times.  Then try it in five minutes as you progress in "quick sketching" it leads to more ideas and progressively more informed sketch techniques. I paid a lot of money to learn this.  It works.

TOE
They call it "common sense", then why is it so uncommon?

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #18 on: September 10, 2012, 09:35:56 PM »
I'll give you 100 bucks to paint me boxing a grizzly bear while a bald eagle drapes an American flag across my back.

100$ :headscratch:.......to paint something like that with real paint..... not digital...adding at least a zero wouldn't insult the artist  ;)

Offline titanic3

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #19 on: September 10, 2012, 10:27:31 PM »

I doubt I can paint, not without taking a month to do it.  :lol
I will gladly sketch if you got a photo, no charge.  :)

Don't listen to the manure spreaders here.  You have talent and I would recommend drawing more and more as quickly as you can.  Try drawing this in 10 minutes.  Do it 20 times.  Then try it in five minutes as you progress in "quick sketching" it leads to more ideas and progressively more informed sketch techniques. I paid a lot of money to learn this.  It works.

TOE

Yea, that whole part I did was about 60-70 minutes, I'll take that challenge.

Thanks for all the criticism guys, should be done with this by the end of the week if time allows.

the game is concentrated on combat, not on shaking the screen.

semp

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #20 on: September 12, 2012, 06:42:53 PM »
Here is a great tool for practice. http://ipaintgirls.com/Pose_Master_v1_1.zip YouTube video about it http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2rPJD_4xKIM

It comes with a few folders with 3d pictures of "people" in different poses. Once you get it set up you can set the timer for 30, 60, or 90 seconds. The program will grab a picture and post it for the allotted time, then switch to the next one.

It helps you to draw what you see instead of what is there. You don't have time to "think" about the pose, or how to do it, you just draw it. At first they don't look too good, but as you get better you will draw faster and faster and it will become more natural.

Keep at it. I wish I had when I was young. It's hard to find the time to draw these days, but I work at it. Being young, you have a lot more time to work at it. DO IT!  :aok

Offline madhogg

• Persona Non Grata
  • Copper Member
« Reply #21 on: September 13, 2012, 05:56:02 PM »
Nice tititanic!   :aok :aok  do a sketch of butcher wearing a wendys uniform while commanding the grill

Offline titanic3

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #22 on: September 13, 2012, 06:08:56 PM »
Here is a great tool for practice. http://ipaintgirls.com/Pose_Master_v1_1.zip YouTube video about it http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2rPJD_4xKIM

It comes with a few folders with 3d pictures of "people" in different poses. Once you get it set up you can set the timer for 30, 60, or 90 seconds. The program will grab a picture and post it for the allotted time, then switch to the next one.

It helps you to draw what you see instead of what is there. You don't have time to "think" about the pose, or how to do it, you just draw it. At first they don't look too good, but as you get better you will draw faster and faster and it will become more natural.

Keep at it. I wish I had when I was young. It's hard to find the time to draw these days, but I work at it. Being young, you have a lot more time to work at it. DO IT!  :aok

Thanks, will definitely check it out!

Nice tititanic!   :aok :aok  do a sketch of butcher wearing a wendys uniform while commanding the grill

Hehe, send me a photo  :D

semp

Offline danny76

• Gold Member
« Reply #23 on: September 14, 2012, 12:04:55 PM »

I'd pay $100 to see the photo :)
"You kill 'em all, I'll eat the BATCO!"
The GFC

"Not within a thousand years will man ever fly" - Wilbur Wright

Offline MrRiplEy[H]

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #24 on: September 14, 2012, 02:19:38 PM »
Here's a 'painting' that I made with spraycans and two self made stencils... Sorry for the bad image, took it with my iPhone.

Spray paints are quite fun to play with but you need a very well ventilated space and take note that paint mist covers many meters area very soon.

Definiteness of purpose is the starting point of all achievement. –W. Clement Stone

Offline titanic3

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #25 on: September 14, 2012, 02:37:16 PM »
Here's a 'painting' that I made with spraycans and two self made stencils... Sorry for the bad image, took it with my iPhone.

Spray paints are quite fun to play with but you need a very well ventilated space and take note that paint mist covers many meters area very soon.

Awesome,  :aok. I never used spray paint before and my hand control isn't that great. I would never be able to keep the can steady to do anything like that.

semp

Offline MrRiplEy[H]

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #26 on: September 14, 2012, 02:44:02 PM »
Awesome,  :aok. I never used spray paint before and my hand control isn't that great. I would never be able to keep the can steady to do anything like that.

Actually you don't need a steady hand at all. You just need to apply stencils smartly. Of course making the stencils can be a chore but with a sharp hobby knife and some patience you're good.

Btw when I said copymachine != art I meant that you should not try to copy stroke for stroke something existing. Use a picture for inspiration and create your own vision based on it. The image above is actually a reproduction of another artists picture - when I saw it I immediately had my own vision of it and painted it.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2012, 03:00:09 PM by MrRiplEy[H] »
Definiteness of purpose is the starting point of all achievement. –W. Clement Stone

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #27 on: September 14, 2012, 03:05:13 PM »
Awesome,  :aok. I never used spray paint before and my hand control isn't that great. I would never be able to keep the can steady to do anything like that.

very self defeating attitude there :old:

with practice you could do that and more :aok

it took many hours of practice for me to be able to do what I can do.

if I had that attitude I would never have gotten where I am now.....when I was younger and saw great art instead of saying "I could never do that" I said "I WILL do that"

now I can draw or paint anything.... any style.... any medium.....

on a tablet

also a tablet

acrylic paint

acrylic paint

if you practice and have the desire/will you can accomplish whatever you want :aok 

PRACTICE PRACTICE PRACTICE

Offline MrRiplEy[H]

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #28 on: September 14, 2012, 03:08:05 PM »

if I had that attitude I would never have gotten where I am now.....when I was younger and saw great art instead of saying "I could never do that" I said "I WILL do that"

on a tablet
also a tablet
acrylic paint
acrylic paint

if you practice and have the desire/will you can accomplish whatever you want :aok 

Awesome stuff there.. but then again you're a pro :)

Offline titanic3

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #29 on: September 14, 2012, 03:14:53 PM »

on a tablet
also a tablet
acrylic paint
acrylic paint

It's not self defeating if I can't physically do it due to having a hand disorder.

semp