Author Topic: Kung Fu Fighting, aka Cobra Style. A new Aces High movie  (Read 2862 times)

Offline Nath[BDP]

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
Kung Fu Fighting, aka Cobra Style. A new Aces High movie
« on: September 15, 2012, 08:59:12 PM »
My first film dedicated to the latest avant-garde flight combat maneuver of Aces High.

It goes by other monikers as the "floppy fish", "the flop", but I call it "cobra style" as it is so similar to the Sukhoi jet maneuver.  But it reminds me of some crazy kung fu moves too, so the music was only natural.

The move is really a lot of fun, easy to do, and very effective defensively.  I will be posting a tutorial soon.

Enjoy!

http://youtu.be/06f0GF0VAwA
++Blue Knights++
vocalist of the year

Offline Tracerfi

• Silver Member
Re: Kung Fu Fighting, aka Cobra Style. A new Aces High movie
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2012, 07:08:41 AM »
 :rofl how did you do that
You cannot beat savages by becoming one.

He who must not be named

Offline DaveJ

• Nickel Member
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2012, 09:36:22 AM »
Very impressive, Nath. Just curious as to how effective it has been for you in the defensive? Looks like it can force overshoots quite easily and enable you to turn on a dime. However, you miss that snapshot it seems like you'll have no E left for maneuver..
~DaveyJ~
Jokers Jokers

Noseart

Offline titanic3

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2012, 09:47:12 AM »
So again, with the whole topic about the FM in the aircraft and vehicle section...was this even possible in RL or is it a flaw in the FM?

the game is concentrated on combat, not on shaking the screen.

semp

Offline Midway

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2012, 10:09:23 AM »
My first film dedicated to the latest avant-garde flight combat maneuver of Aces High.

It goes by other monikers as the "floppy fish", "the flop", but I call it "cobra style" as it is so similar to the Sukhoi jet maneuver.  But it reminds me of some crazy kung fu moves too, so the music was only natural.

The move is really a lot of fun, easy to do, and very effective defensively.  I will be posting a tutorial soon.

Enjoy!

http://youtu.be/06f0GF0VAwA

:x

:rock :rock :rock

PARADISE ON EARTH  ------->  http://www.youtube.com/v/g_D4RhfCY2M&autoplay=1&hd=1&fs=1   <-------  PARADISE ON EARTH :)

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2012, 10:12:33 AM »
So again, with the whole topic about the FM in the aircraft and vehicle section...was this even possible in RL or is it a flaw in the FM?
I'm sure you've seen lots of WW2 dog fighting clips from TV documentaries, internet and other sources....how many times in those films have you seen the types of moves Nath performed in the film, in those dog fights?  ;)
Lighten up Francis

Offline Midway

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2012, 10:16:34 AM »
I'm sure you've seen lots of WW2 dog fighting clips from TV documentaries, internet and other sources....how many times in those films have you seen the types of moves Nath performed in the film, in those dog fights?  ;)

Nath's camera is fixed to the aeroplane.  I think if you could see it from a fixed position relative to the ground and could see his forward motion, lift, etc... it would probably make more sense.  The tutorial will help.

PARADISE ON EARTH  ------->  http://www.youtube.com/v/g_D4RhfCY2M&autoplay=1&hd=1&fs=1   <-------  PARADISE ON EARTH :)

Offline gyrene81

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2012, 10:21:49 AM »
it's possible in real life, just not advisable when your life is actually on the line. you notice most of the time he's not fully in control, uncontrolled spins, vulnerable to attack. the biplanes are better suited to stunts like that.
jarhed  
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day...
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Offline Dead Man Flying

• Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2012, 11:10:27 AM »
it's possible in real life, just not advisable when your life is actually on the line. you notice most of the time he's not fully in control, uncontrolled spins, vulnerable to attack. the biplanes are better suited to stunts like that.

I've practiced this offline, and it's actually pretty easy to regain full control in a number of airplanes (109K, P-47M come to mind).  Those planes basically autocorrect themselves unless you hamfist it.  Surprisingly, I found the Spit XVI to be a bear to handle with this move, because it really wanted to pull into a flat spin.

Offline Nath[BDP]

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2012, 08:50:34 PM »
Very impressive, Nath. Just curious as to how effective it has been for you in the defensive? Looks like it can force overshoots quite easily and enable you to turn on a dime. However, you miss that snapshof energy very quicklyot it seems like you'll have no E left for maneuver..

DMF can attest to its effectiveness as well, but since it changes nose angle and bleeds a tremendous amount of energy quickly it is very good.   You don't really bleed that much E because once the plane reenters normal flight speed shoots back up to 100+ instantly.  There are variations on a theme too, you can just pivot the nose over in a descending scissors to get snapshots.
++Blue Knights++
vocalist of the year

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2012, 08:53:18 PM »
peple have been doing it for years already
 :bolt:
And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

Offline Nath[BDP]

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
« Reply #11 on: September 16, 2012, 08:54:09 PM »

It is rare to enter a catastrophic spin with this move once you get a feel for its limits.  As DMF said some planes just snap out of it without much worry, P47, F4U, 109, P39.
++Blue Knights++
vocalist of the year

Offline Daddkev

• Silver Member
« Reply #12 on: September 16, 2012, 09:29:17 PM »
 :huh :huh :huh  :airplane: :airplane: :airplane:  :huh :huh :huh :bhead :bhead :bhead
God Bless America
Go tell Momm, im flying! and make me a sandwich !
EvilKev

2012 68KO Cup 1st Place finisher

Offline Dead Man Flying

• Platinum Member
« Reply #13 on: September 16, 2012, 09:40:19 PM »
peple have been doing it for years already
 :bolt:

I think that's pretty obvious from some of the films I've seen, though it wasn't commonly used when I was still flying.  To be honest, the real question is why everyone isn't doing it.

Offline Nathan60

• Platinum Member
« Reply #14 on: September 16, 2012, 10:30:14 PM »
I think that's pretty obvious from some of the films I've seen, though it wasn't commonly used when I was still flying.  To be honest, the real question is why everyone isn't doing it.

Integrity?
HamHawk
Wing III-- Pigs on The Wing
FSO--JG54
CHUGGA-CHUGGA, CHOO-CHOO
Pigs go wing deep