Author Topic: Don't blink  (Read 606 times)

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
Don't blink
« on: September 22, 2012, 09:13:27 PM »
 if you're in new york, 'cause it looks like the weeping angels will be visiting you there soon.

that is all.
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline Tank-Ace

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
Re: Don't blink
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2012, 09:16:05 PM »
HOLY CRAP!?!?! Are they filming a weeping angles episode in New York  :confused:?
You started this thread and it was obviously about your want and desire in spite of your use of 'we' and Google.

"Once more unto the breach"

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2012, 09:18:11 PM »
think they may have. they're showing next week......
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline macleod01

• Gold Member
      • http://www.71sqn.co.uk
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2012, 10:14:07 AM »
Very much my thought! don't blink, don't even blink, blink and your dead! Don't turn away and don't blink!

I can't wait! The Weeping Angels are my favourite enemy, and now there are hundreds of them in New York! Woot! Pity Amy leaves though. Always nice to have a local girl on TV (She's from about 80 miles away  :D )
seeds have been laid...but they arent trees we're growing. we're growing organic grenades!- 321BAR
I'd have a better chance in running into a Dodo Bird in the middle of rush hour, walking down the I-5 with two hookers in tow before I see a useful post from glock89- Ack-Ack

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2012, 10:30:48 PM »
Very much my thought! don't blink, don't even blink, blink and your dead! Don't turn away and don't blink!

I can't wait! The Weeping Angels are my favourite enemy, and now there are hundreds of them in New York! Woot! Pity Amy leaves though. Always nice to have a local girl on TV (She's from about 80 miles away  :D )

what will be kind of interesting, will be how the dr deals with them this time 'round. he seems to have been letting that buried dark side of himself come out more and more in the last few episodes.
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline macleod01

• Gold Member
      • http://www.71sqn.co.uk
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2012, 07:24:55 AM »
I think he is facing everything he has done in his life, and that means the things not shown in the show such as the Time War. At the end of the Assylym of The Daleks we here him saying with some joy 'Doctor Who?'. Now he has been running from this question all his life and now he is facing it. Same as he realises his mercy often just leads to more danger for those around him and I think he has seen this with the Angels. He gave them the chance to run, and now they are back in New York. I think he will snap, and it will lead to the death of Amy and Rory, or at least lead to them leaving.

Either way, should be interesting!
seeds have been laid...but they arent trees we're growing. we're growing organic grenades!- 321BAR
I'd have a better chance in running into a Dodo Bird in the middle of rush hour, walking down the I-5 with two hookers in tow before I see a useful post from glock89- Ack-Ack

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2012, 09:07:16 AM »
What is weeping angels?
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2012, 09:27:05 AM »
What is weeping angels?

THE most sinister intergalatic assassins.
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline jimson

• AvA Staff Member
  • Platinum Member
      • The Axis vs Allies Arena
« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2012, 09:31:48 AM »
Whotards LOL

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2012, 09:32:57 AM »
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Nathan60

• Platinum Member
« Reply #10 on: September 24, 2012, 09:43:07 AM »
I never watched dr. Who but after seeing this I think I missed something I would have enjoyed.
HamHawk
Wing III-- Pigs on The Wing
FSO--JG54
CHUGGA-CHUGGA, CHOO-CHOO
Pigs go wing deep

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #11 on: September 24, 2012, 09:53:41 AM »
what makes the weeping angels so scary, is that they're everywhere. they can't move when someone is wathing them....but then they almost can't be destroyed either. when no one is looking at them, they're scary fast.

With a touch, a Weeping Angel can send a person into the past, to before his/her own birth. The Angels feed off the "potential energy" of the years their victims would have lived in the present. The Doctor describes them as "the only psychopaths in the universe to kill you nicely" because their victims are otherwise uninjured and may live out their lifespans in the past. They can drain other forms of energy, such as that from electric lights, as seen in the Season 3 episode "Blink", or other electronics. Without power, the Angels start to decay, turn to stone without being watched, and corrode as a statue does; their speed is also extremely hindered if Angels reach starvation, as seen in The Time of Angels, lessened from meters to a partial step in a blink. This can be undone by providing the Angels with energy, but it is implied they can no longer acquire energy themselves in this state. In "Blink," the Angels stole the Doctor's TARDIS after trapping him in the past. The engine of the vehicle contained enough energy to feed them for a lifetime.

They have also exhibited the power to project themselves through images. In "The Time of Angels", an Angel trapped in the vault of the Byzantium is able to control a video screen that was playing video footage of it. It overrode the screen controls and could control nearby electronic equipment as well. The Angel is able to take over the screen and come through it in an attempt to kill Amy because "that which holds the image of an angel becomes itself an angel", from a warning in an ancient book on the Angels, found by River Song.

Weeping Angels can plant an image of themselves into a person's mind by looking straight into their eyes. Amy Pond was infested in such a manner where an involuntary verbal count-down indicated her open-eyed moments left as a human. She was able to suspend the Angel's gestation, though not eliminate it, by closing her eyes, refusing to let it breach the 'filter' of her optic nerve.

sorry....was faster to copy/paste......
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #12 on: September 24, 2012, 10:43:35 AM »
OIC

I understand there are none in Texas.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #13 on: September 24, 2012, 12:20:27 PM »
no, but the silents probably are.  :devil
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Babalonian

• Platinum Member
      • Pigs on the Wing
« Reply #14 on: September 24, 2012, 05:09:21 PM »
I never watched dr. Who but after seeing this I think I missed something I would have enjoyed.

Oh yeah, plenty of material to catch up on too.
-Babalon
"Let's light 'em up and see how they smoke."
POTW IIw Oink! - http://www.PigsOnTheWing.org

Wow, you guys need help.