Author Topic: Planes in LW vs. Respect  (Read 5394 times)

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
Re: Planes in LW vs. Respect
« Reply #15 on: October 03, 2012, 03:14:59 AM »
Anyone can make their own choice what to fly based on their own goals. Every airplane is an easy mode plane. No exceptions.
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline save

• Gold Member
« Reply #16 on: October 03, 2012, 04:11:00 AM »
I feel like a cheater when I fly 190a5 instead of an 190A8. :bolt:
My ammo last for 6 Lancasters, or one Yak3.
"And the Yak 3 ,aka the "flying Yamato"..."
-Caldera

Offline Debrody

• Platinum Member
« Reply #17 on: October 03, 2012, 04:20:14 AM »
Anyone can make their own choice what to fly based on their own goals. Every airplane is an easy mode plane. No exceptions.
trying to legitimize the 28k pony awesomeness, huh?
Try the same in a p40, or a 109G6, just for once, then talk about EZ mode  :aok
AoM
City of ice

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #18 on: October 03, 2012, 04:32:13 AM »
trying to legitimize the 28k pony awesomeness, huh?
Try the same in a p40, or a 109G6, just for once, then talk about EZ mode  :aok

No exceptions.
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline Debrody

• Platinum Member
« Reply #19 on: October 03, 2012, 04:43:25 AM »
Every alcohol has its effect. A small beer is the same as 3 shots.
See, youre right, i wont argue over this shizz.
AoM
City of ice

Offline caldera

• Platinum Member
« Reply #20 on: October 03, 2012, 05:25:17 AM »
Every airplane is an easy mode plane. No exceptions.

Really?  So if they all are equally easy, how come a majority of kills are in the P-51D, SpitXVI, La-7, 190D-9, 109K, N1K and F4U?

I don't see too many P-39D fighter sweeps, do you?

Of course if they are not all equally easy, then some must be easier than others.  Hence the designation "easy mode".
"Then out spake brave Horatius, the Captain of the gate:
 To every man upon this earth, death cometh soon or late.
 And how can man die better, than facing fearful odds.
 For the ashes of his fathers and the temples of his Gods."

Offline ACE

• Platinum Member
« Reply #21 on: October 03, 2012, 07:11:22 AM »

Really?  So if they all are equally easy, how come a majority of kills are in the P-51D, SpitXVI, La-7, 190D-9, 109K, N1K and F4U?

I don't see too many P-39D fighter sweeps, do you?

Of course if they are not all equally easy, then some must be easier than others.  Hence the designation "easy mode".

Because majority of the people like the Pony more than they do say a P39.  I agree with Challenge.
Sixth Tri-Annual Dueling Bracket Champion

The Few

-Spek

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 03, 2012, 07:32:48 AM »
Yes, capability and performance have absolutely no influence on plane choices in the MA  :noid

Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline SmokinLoon

• Platinum Member
« Reply #23 on: October 03, 2012, 07:59:09 AM »
Yes, capability and performance have absolutely no influence on plane choices in the MA  :noid

I agree %100!!!  I also think there is a bug that makes ENY20 or higher aircraft unavailable to the "l337" in the MA's.   :aok

Anyone who thinks every plane provides an "easy mode" is truly fooling themselves.  That is no joke. 
Proud grandson of the late Lt. Col. Darrell M. "Bud" Gray, USAF (ret.), B24D pilot, 5th BG/72nd BS. 28 combat missions within the "slot", PTO.

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #24 on: October 03, 2012, 09:43:34 AM »
Yes, capability and performance have absolutely no influence on plane choices in the MA 

Clearly true.  Spit 16, I-16, hey, what's the difference, really?  If you're good, you're good.

- oldman

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #25 on: October 03, 2012, 10:09:18 AM »
 :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl

oh my.......I should post up a film of chalenge doing his 1 pass haul arse......

what a maroon.

Offline Slade

• Silver Member
« Reply #26 on: October 03, 2012, 12:00:00 PM »
Of course if they are not all equally easy, then some must be easier than others. 
The difference is in who and how you're willing to fight in differing aircraft.

Two potent quotes on the topic above. 

In the context of simply getting kills, I think we can agree "how you're willing to fight" is sometimes greatly influenced by what you do fly.  Yes, there are peeps that can turn fight low and slow in a P-47 and the like but (in this context) plane type influences flying style.

Thus, "what planes are hardest to get kills in" comes down to how you fly what you are in.  To be effective requires knowing the plane very deeply of course.

Great to bounce around these topics with you guys.  In a sense, I am thinking out loud with you and coming to understand ACM and the given chess pieces better.

Slade  :salute
-- Flying as X15 --

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #27 on: October 03, 2012, 03:58:22 PM »
:rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl

oh my.......I should post up a film of chalenge doing his 1 pass haul arse......

what a maroon.

Most people block out the stunning losses they experience and concentrate on the victories as a way of pumping themselves up. None of these airplanes are difficult to fly. None of them have a unique advantage that cannot be defeated by some other aircraft in the arena. If you chose to fly a plane that is less capable in order to show your unique talent then you have no leg to stand on when it comes to complaining about another pilots plane when he kills you or lands kills.

I also have recorded ever flight and every kill I have ever made ink. Many of them are one pass kill on you where you didnt wiggle until the bullets started to hit you. Maroon indeed!  :rofl

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #28 on: October 03, 2012, 05:43:58 PM »
Most people block out the stunning losses they experience and concentrate on the victories as a way of pumping themselves up. None of these airplanes are difficult to fly. None of them have a unique advantage that cannot be defeated by some other aircraft in the arena. If you chose to fly a plane that is less capable in order to show your unique talent then you have no leg to stand on when it comes to complaining about another pilots plane when he kills you or lands kills.

I also have recorded ever flight and every kill I have ever made ink. Many of them are one pass kill on you where you didnt wiggle until the bullets started to hit you. Maroon indeed!  :rofl

:rofl...live in fantasy world much....

already offered to DA ...but like an typical wannabe's you wuss up...talk the talk but cant back up squat.

Offline Tank-Ace

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #29 on: October 03, 2012, 06:25:35 PM »
Every plane is as easy as any other when fighting under ideal conditions or against its ideal opponent. I think thats what challenge meant to say.

But there are 100% guaranteed easy-mode planes for the "typical" AH fight.
You started this thread and it was obviously about your want and desire in spite of your use of 'we' and Google.

"Once more unto the breach"