Author Topic: Question for you android users  (Read 4150 times)

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
Re: Question for you android users
« Reply #135 on: October 25, 2012, 02:54:58 PM »

Offline quig

• Nickel Member
« Reply #136 on: October 26, 2012, 06:26:29 PM »
Almost forgot DroidWall ;)

Offline Vulcan

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #137 on: October 26, 2012, 08:44:35 PM »
Can't believe you guys are still arguing with mrripley... apples a cult, no matter what logic or evidence you have overcoming blind faith ain't gonna happen  :bolt:

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #138 on: October 26, 2012, 09:58:52 PM »
I am still waiting for my answer about the 90k apps with malware uploaded every day to the market.  think mrripley is checking out more links.  he'll be here soon.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline Hajo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #139 on: October 27, 2012, 08:47:23 PM »
Apple's own detection system for the app store has had work arounds. Apple is good at ignoring faults in it's system. They seem to be able to will their users to do the same.

My daughter is wanting a new phone. She has one that runs android now. She wants the Galaxy S III. I stopped by to check one out last night. Looks like a nice phone with great features. She will get one this weekend.

Heck I may replace my HTC Inspire with one also. :D

Shuff I just got the galaxy S II Skyrocket......I love it.
- The Flying Circus -

Offline Vulcan

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #140 on: September 30, 2014, 08:40:01 PM »
You can't download anything to iOS unless it's checked and verified by Apple, duh. As I said before a phone has to be totally locked down. Freedom + bank accounts are never a good combination. If you choose to jailbreak your phone and download crap from unreliable sources then by all means install an antivirus and have it eat 50% of your phones already poor processing power :)

Told you so:  http://www.stuff.co.nz/technology/digital-living/61604453/advanced-ios-virus-targets-hk-protesters.html

Cybersecurity researchers have uncovered a computer virus that spies on Apple's iOS operating system for the iPhone and iPad, and they believe it is targeting pro-democracy protesters in Hong Kong.

Probably exploited using this:  http://web.nvd.nist.gov/view/vuln/detail?vulnId=CVE-2014-4377

Integer overflow in CoreGraphics in Apple iOS before 8 and Apple TV before 7 allows remote attackers to execute arbitrary code or cause a denial of service (application crash) via a crafted PDF document.

Oh you smug iphone people ;)

Offline MrRiplEy[H]

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #141 on: September 30, 2014, 09:07:29 PM »
Told you so:  http://www.stuff.co.nz/technology/digital-living/61604453/advanced-ios-virus-targets-hk-protesters.html

Probably exploited using this:  http://web.nvd.nist.gov/view/vuln/detail?vulnId=CVE-2014-4377

Oh you smug iphone people ;)

Antivirus wouldn't have stopped this zero day trojan (not a virus) oh you smug late-to-the-game-protection believer. And if I have to choose from a million Android exploits in the wild vs a one hand fingers worth of iOS exploits in the wild its a no brainer. Also the attack could have targeted a very limited amount of people since you had to be running iOS older than 8. That means you need to have a phone older than iPhone 4S. Phones of that age are usually already recycled.

Most likely it was a trojan and spread through shell shock http://www.pcworld.com/article/2689432/apple-patches-bash-vulnerability-in-os-x.html

The payload was probably delivered through whatsapp which is being abused heavy by different groups due to its group messaging abilities. I would never in a million years install something like that on my phone.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2014, 09:12:12 PM by MrRiplEy[H] »
Definiteness of purpose is the starting point of all achievement. –W. Clement Stone

Offline Vulcan

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #142 on: October 01, 2014, 02:26:53 AM »
Nope nope nope and nope.

I've always said neither android nor ios are secure. The apple fanbois can't withhold themselves from screaming bloody murder at this statement.

So crying "but android"is no defense. I'd also note, just like on my laptop and desktop, I run a Security/AV app on my android devices (Lookout).

AFAIK shellshock does not affect either iOS or OS X (in its default config).

This exploit has existed for the past year, so saying "but iOS8" is not a defense either. All iOS8 is is a message from apple in the form of an ""oops"". How do you know your device has not been compromised? Does the iOS upgrade re-validate the security of your i-device?

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #143 on: October 01, 2014, 02:49:36 AM »
Antivirus wouldn't have stopped this zero day trojan (not a virus) oh you smug late-to-the-game-protection believer. And if I have to choose from a million Android exploits in the wild vs a one hand fingers worth of iOS exploits in the wild its a no brainer. Also the attack could have targeted a very limited amount of people since you had to be running iOS older than 8. That means you need to have a phone older than iPhone 4S. Phones of that age are usually already recycled.

Most likely it was a trojan and spread through shell shock http://www.pcworld.com/article/2689432/apple-patches-bash-vulnerability-in-os-x.html

The payload was probably delivered through whatsapp which is being abused heavy by different groups due to its group messaging abilities. I would never in a million years install something like that on my phone.

yeah but what happens when apple releases an update to basically bricks your phone.  is that consider a zero day trojan, virus.......

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline BuckShot

• Silver Member
« Reply #144 on: October 02, 2014, 11:53:44 AM »
Armored aces is a fun tank game for Android tablets

I also have a game that's a modern version of the old 1942 arcade game, but can't remember what it's called.
Game handle: HellBuck

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #145 on: October 02, 2014, 11:55:33 AM »
Flashlight lol. 

I had Flashlight by default and it went away after an update.   The factory one was way better than any aftermarket program I have found.  Very disappointed...   Why did they remove it?
”KILLER V”
Charter Member of the P-51 Mustang Skin Mafia
King of the Hill Champ, Tour 219
The Damned
King of the Hill Win Percentage - 100 (1 Win, 0 Losses)

Offline zack1234

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #146 on: October 02, 2014, 12:31:38 PM »
astro file manager

kindle for android + FB book reader (Aldiko book read is good too but the latest version is a bit messed up)

Noob!
There are no pies stored in this plane overnight

The GFC
Pipz lived in the Wilderness near Ontario

Offline ImADot

• Platinum Member
« Reply #147 on: October 02, 2014, 12:52:18 PM »
Noob!

Do you realize that you quoted a 2-year-old reply in a thread that Vulcan necro-bumped a few days ago?  ;)
My Current Rig:
GigaByte GA-X99-UD4 Mobo w/ 16Gb RAM
Intel i7 5820k, Win7 64-bit
NVidia GTX 970 4Gb ACX 2.0
Track IR, CH Fighterstick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals

Offline zack1234

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #148 on: October 02, 2014, 01:12:45 PM »
Lol

Owned :rofl
There are no pies stored in this plane overnight

The GFC
Pipz lived in the Wilderness near Ontario

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #149 on: October 03, 2014, 10:50:45 AM »
Locked for violation of forum posting rule #10.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com