Author Topic: Question for you android users  (Read 4180 times)

Offline MrRiplEy[H]

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
Re: Question for you android users
« Reply #60 on: October 22, 2012, 10:48:02 PM »
Funny I remember the botnet counting being around the 600000 machine mark.

How do you change the default browser in iOS? Yes I know you can install other browsers, but how do you change the DEFAULT browser :)

You remember right, it was around that mark. And it's absolutely miniscule compared to windows botnets that run as we speak :) Furthermore the only reason those people ended up as part of the botnet was that they downloaded warez. It's not like with windows where all you need to do is browse a website without noscript and you're pretty soon infected.

The whole browser issue is completely pointless - there are no 'in the wild' browser attacks that target iOS platform as we speak, they've only been showcased in events like pwn2own and then released for Apple to be fixed. There ARE however multiple 'in the wild' browser, reverse tcp, flash etc. based attacks for the droid not even mentioning the thousands of new malicious apps that are released to the play store and removed only after thousands of users per app have already been infected. Those who enabled content outside play store are completely left dry.

These are published indisputable facts that you cannot change even if you would like to.
Definiteness of purpose is the starting point of all achievement. –W. Clement Stone

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #61 on: October 23, 2012, 12:44:37 AM »
No he was kicked out because he sneaked a malicious app in the store, obviously. You can not dispute the fact that Apples content control has kept the iOS platform the most secure platform of all smartphones. Period.

wrong the apple store didnt know abut til till he mentioned it.  and even if he hadn't mention it, it also means the apple store doesn't catch everybody that adds a malicious app in the store.  which still means the apple store can ahve apps that arent how should i say "bad".

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline warhed

• Silver Member
« Reply #62 on: October 23, 2012, 01:57:54 AM »
Malware gets removed quickly from Android's appstore as well.  Stop wording your attacks in a way trying to say otherwise.  And no, you can be banned from releasing apps on the Android Market.  Although, if you assume another identity, and release under that different name, I'm sure you could sneak through.  But that would work on the Apple store as well if you were previously banned.  
« Last Edit: October 23, 2012, 01:59:47 AM by warhed »
warhed
=Wings of Terror=

"Give me sheep, or give me death!"

Offline MrRiplEy[H]

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #63 on: October 23, 2012, 09:16:34 AM »
wrong the apple store didnt know abut til till he mentioned it.  and even if he hadn't mention it, it also means the apple store doesn't catch everybody that adds a malicious app in the store.  which still means the apple store can ahve apps that arent how should i say "bad".

semp

Who said they knew about it? If he just told Apple about it without distributing it he would not get banned for life. But he did and got banned. And same fate is with others who try and inevitably get caught. The consequences for getting caught hacking Android are the trouble of making a new e-mail address and paying 15 bucks. Which do you think is safer? :D
Definiteness of purpose is the starting point of all achievement. –W. Clement Stone

Offline MrRiplEy[H]

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #64 on: October 23, 2012, 09:21:52 AM »
Malware gets removed quickly from Android's appstore as well.  Stop wording your attacks in a way trying to say otherwise.

O rly?  :noid

http://c4universe.com/blog/2012/02/09/largest-mobile-malware-infection-ever-hits-android-devices/

Many Android users consider the heavily moderated, regulated Apple iTunes App store to be one of the biggest downsides to the iPhone and the iPad. These same users surely enjoy the fact that while they have less apps available to them, they have different apps available for their devices from a wide variety of sources.

This lack of regulation is popular, but it leaves Android owners open to an unwanted consequence. The app freedom has resulted in a major issue for Android owners, malware. A recent incident finds many Android smartphones and tablets afflicted with malicious codes in numbers that equal a small epidemic.

The latest – Android.Counterclank – has become a huge issue. Just small bits of code, this micro malware is one of the largest mobile malware infections ever.

Once the malware was discovered they have mostly been removed from the Android Marketplace, but prior to removal some were available for over a month. This isn’t to say that this parasite couldn’t be downloaded elsewhere, but the odds are now diminished.

When this parasite is on a device, it can receive remote commands without the user’s knowledge. It will steal information from the infected phone or tablet, with estimates indicating 1 to 5 million devices affected.

I'm sorry folks but the _facts_ are heavily stacked against you and favor me.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2012, 09:26:00 AM by MrRiplEy[H] »

Offline warhed

• Silver Member
« Reply #65 on: October 23, 2012, 09:41:59 AM »
And yet Android grows its userbase more and more everyday.   Why does that personally offend you?  It's a safe productive OS, just like iOS.   Choices are good.   Live with it nutball
warhed
=Wings of Terror=

Offline Noir

• Platinum Member
« Reply #66 on: October 23, 2012, 09:53:20 AM »
there are no 'in the wild' browser attacks that target iOS platform as we speak, they've only been showcased in events like pwn2own and then released for Apple to be fixed. There ARE however multiple 'in the wild' browser, reverse tcp, flash etc. based attacks for the droid

source?
now posting as SirNuke

Offline Delirium

• Platinum Member
« Reply #67 on: October 23, 2012, 10:02:14 AM »
Ripley has far too much opinion to be an objective source.
Delirium
80th "Headhunters"
Retired AH Trainer (but still teach the P38 selectively)

I found an air leak in my inflatable sheep and plugged the hole! Honest!

Offline MrRiplEy[H]

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #68 on: October 23, 2012, 10:11:40 AM »
And yet Android grows its userbase more and more everyday.   Why does that personally offend you?  It's a safe productive OS, just like iOS.   Choices are good.   Live with it nutball

Ehh? Windows userbase grows constantly despite being what it is. Your point was again?

Noir: How bout using Google yourself and educating yourself a little? Or do you need instructions on how to perform a search?  :rofl teh best keapt secret in teh worled

Delirium: It's exactly the opposite. You're all hot air with no proof - I can provide links.

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #69 on: October 23, 2012, 10:11:52 AM »
O rly?  :noid

http://c4universe.com/blog/2012/02/09/largest-mobile-malware-infection-ever-hits-android-devices/

I'm sorry folks but the _facts_ are heavily stacked against you and favor me.

Sorry, but Apple spends a lot of money and energy making sure you do not get the facts, if the facts present Apple in a negative light.  The only one 'stacking' the facts is Apple.  You just happen to buy into it, which is what Apple wants you to do.

Personally, I could care less.  Apple is just another computer company who is very good at marketing their product.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline Serenity

• Platinum Member
« Reply #70 on: October 23, 2012, 10:19:04 AM »
Noir: How bout using Google yourself and educating yourself a little? Or do you need instructions on how to perform a search?  :rofl teh best keapt secret in teh worled

Apple uses the profits from their apps to fund expeditions to whipe out all the endangered species on the planet and resurrect the Nazi party. Don't believe me? Go google the proof yourself!

See? I can do it too.

Offline warhed

• Silver Member
« Reply #71 on: October 23, 2012, 10:19:42 AM »
Ehh? Windows userbase grows constantly despite being what it is. Your point was again?

Delirium: It's exactly the opposite. You're all hot air with no proof - I can provide links.

Don't worry, even as Android continues to grow, your Apple shares will be safe.   Choose whatever OS you want to use.   Both are fine choices.   I am into baking my own ROMs and love the superior hardware choices Android phones give me.   If you aren't into customization and want a plain phone that just works, choose iOS.   What's the big deal?   Your cell phone isn't going to kill you.
warhed
=Wings of Terror=

Offline warhed

• Silver Member
« Reply #72 on: October 23, 2012, 10:26:05 AM »
I am awaiting a barrage of links "proving" my Android phone can kill my family by the way
warhed
=Wings of Terror=

Offline MrRiplEy[H]

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #73 on: October 23, 2012, 10:28:46 AM »
Sorry, but Apple spends a lot of money and energy making sure you do not get the facts, if the facts present Apple in a negative light.  The only one 'stacking' the facts is Apple.  You just happen to buy into it, which is what Apple wants you to do.

Personally, I could care less.  Apple is just another computer company who is very good at marketing their product.

Hmm, are you saying Apple is bribing all the tech sites and all the bloggers + other individuals so that the truth about horrible infections never come to air? :)

Offline MrRiplEy[H]

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #74 on: October 23, 2012, 10:29:32 AM »
Apple uses the profits from their apps to fund expeditions to whipe out all the endangered species on the planet and resurrect the Nazi party. Don't believe me? Go google the proof yourself!

See? I can do it too.

See? You couldn't provide a link, I did. Your turn.