Author Topic: Fifi lost an engine at Midland  (Read 316 times)

Offline Tupac

• Platinum Member
Fifi lost an engine at Midland
« on: October 15, 2012, 09:44:50 PM »
Snapped this picture as we were sitting in the airplane loaded up and heading home. I wondered why the prop looked feathered and confirmed today that one of the engines had a problem. It sounds like they got it stopped before any major damage occured, but it could be down for awhile.

As you can see, #2 is feathered. They had #3 shut down also but I think just so there wasnt any asymmetric thrust during taxi.

I did my Fifi impersonation in the Seminole today (with #2 feathered)

"It was once believed that an infinite number of monkeys, typing on an infinite number of keyboards, would eventually reproduce the works of Shakespeare. However, with the advent of Internet messageboards we now know this is not the case."

Offline MarineUS

• Gold Member
      • Imperial Legion
Re: Fifi lost an engine at Midland
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2012, 11:14:33 PM »
Glad they got it fixed before anything major happened.  :aok
Like, ya know, when that thing that makes you move, it has pistons and things, When your thingamajigy is providing power, you do not hear other peoples thingamajig when they are providing power.

HiTech

Offline colmbo

• Gold Member
      • Photos
Re: Fifi lost an engine at Midland
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2012, 07:38:30 AM »
More than likely it was shutdown because they lost a cylinder....while not catastrophic it does require some work. 
Columbo

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot withstand the storm" and the warrior whispers back "I AM THE STORM"