Author Topic: FSO scores in the event logs  (Read 1535 times)

Offline bc21

• Copper Member
FSO scores in the event logs
« on: October 20, 2012, 12:42:24 AM »
hi, I just have a question. On my screen it showed 13 hits "Targets destroied" Yet in the loggs it only showed 12. Can anyone explane why? Just currios not complaning. Thanks

Offline ghostdancer

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Platinum Member
Re: FSO scores in the event logs
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2012, 06:30:24 AM »
I would shoot Nefarious a note with a screen shot from your film of it saying 13 objects destroyed so he can compare it against the raws logs and see what is up.
X.O. 29th TFT, "We Move Mountains"
CM Terrain Team

Offline Nefarious

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2012, 09:04:30 AM »
Yep, I'll be happy to investigate.
There must also be a flyable computer available for Nefarious to do FSO. So he doesn't keep talking about it for eight and a half hours on Friday night!

Offline bc21

• Copper Member
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2012, 09:52:34 AM »
E-mail sent.

Offline Bannor

• Nickel Member
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2012, 08:05:29 PM »
Yeah, the logs showed I destroyed the dar at 19 and I thought I had destroyed something else first. I checked my film and sure enough I destroyed a structure of some sort. No worries on that.
That was quite a defense there at 19. As we came in from the south we saw what we were sure was con ahead of us and moving away. Made icon on a KI61. And then saw more and some N1K1s. Not to mention the very large mass of dots swinging around from the 9 position. The group at 12 kept moving north and we were closing on their 6. I figured when i saw the forst N1K that it was time to dive in.

:salute 19 Defenders.
Destiny brought you here, now FATE will deal with your six!

Damn, we're in a tight spot!

Offline Nefarious

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2012, 08:30:48 PM »
E-mail sent.

Where did you send it? I haven't got it.
There must also be a flyable computer available for Nefarious to do FSO. So he doesn't keep talking about it for eight and a half hours on Friday night!

Offline bc21

• Copper Member
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2012, 04:59:56 PM »
nefarious@ahevents.org<nefarious@ahevents.org>;

Offline Nefarious

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2012, 06:04:46 PM »
Let me check the spam folder.

EDIT: Not in my spam folder either, please send it to my other gmail account... willhyman AT gmail.com

FYI, I got structures at A19 too, they were not recorded in the logs either.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2012, 06:08:39 PM by Nefarious »

Offline bc21

• Copper Member
« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2012, 07:19:35 PM »
one of the items I hit was a structure. that must be it. but why was it not counted?

Offline Nefarious

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2012, 07:21:04 PM »
one of the items I hit was a structure. that must be it. but why was it not counted?

Not sure, even in the raw logs provided by HTC, they are not recorded. I will ask HTC and see.

Offline bc21

• Copper Member
« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2012, 12:15:53 PM »
any word?

Offline Shifty

• Plutonium Member
      • 307th FS
« Reply #11 on: October 28, 2012, 07:16:32 PM »
I had the same thing happen during leaning into France when jabboing in the 109E. I got a system message about killing a fuel tank and another structure. When the logs came out I just got credit for the fuel tank. Didn't figure it was worth raising a stink over the little shed where they keep the rakes and brooms. ;)

JG-11"Black Hearts"...nur die Stolzen, nur die Starken

"Haji may have blown my legs off but I'm still a stud"~ SPC Thomas Vandeventer Delta1/5 1st CAV

Offline forHIM

• Gold Member
« Reply #12 on: October 29, 2012, 07:23:56 AM »
My guess, from one who helped build the AH parser, is that HTC or the map maker used a structure type the program doesn't understand so that's why the AH logs wouldn't show it.  However I believe I saw that even the raw logs didn't record it.  So that I can't hazard a guess at.

Offline ImADot

• Platinum Member
« Reply #13 on: October 29, 2012, 09:11:10 AM »
I've seen "structure destroyed" before, but not in logs. I believe they are the generic structures at bases that are basically eye candy that don't really do anything. If something can be destroyed that actually does something, it's named: guns, barracks, fuel, ammo, hangar, etc.; and that's what is recorded in the logs. But...it's only a guess.

Structures are part of a base's object group, and not a single object that is generally added to a terrain when it's being created.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2012, 09:13:43 AM by ImADot »
My Current Rig:
GigaByte GA-X99-UD4 Mobo w/ 16Gb RAM
Intel i7 5820k, Win7 64-bit
NVidia GTX 970 4Gb ACX 2.0
Track IR, CH Fighterstick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #14 on: October 29, 2012, 10:28:36 AM »
I've seen "structure destroyed" before, but not in logs. I believe they are the generic structures at bases that are basically eye candy that don't really do anything. If something can be destroyed that actually does something, it's named: guns, barracks, fuel, ammo, hangar, etc.; and that's what is recorded in the logs. But...it's only a guess.

Structures are part of a base's object group, and not a single object that is generally added to a terrain when it's being created.

funny thing is that in the logs on frame 2, i got credit for 18 things destroyed......but in my text buffer, it said i sunk the ship,. i didn't worry about who got credit, 'cause all that mattered to me was that our objective was accomplished....that being that we sunk it.
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)