Author Topic: Respect  (Read 5277 times)

Offline icepac

• Platinum Member
Re: Respect
« Reply #60 on: October 30, 2012, 03:55:52 PM »
I dive in on someone from 2.5k. I get to 2k, then 1.5k, then suddenly the plane I dive in on pulls his nose up sharply and directly into me for a HO. I try to veer away from the HO but he charges at me guns blazing. And this happens not once, not twice, but multiple times in an engagement, to the point of getting a lucky shot while im trying to avoid colliding with him for the 123432th time. This kind of fighting really grinds my gears. Of all of the defensive tactics you could use, you go for a HO EVERY SINGLE TIME.

It looks to me like you charged in with an altitude and speed advantage.

Do you expect them to try to run away instead of turn into you?

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #61 on: October 30, 2012, 04:00:08 PM »
Oh and I respect Ink in his fighting ability and the pictures of his wife at work :rofl

is this some subliminal insult to my wife....... :headscratch:

certainly sounds it......maybe I am just taking it the wrong way.....I do have a tendency for negative thoughts on people...especially in the way they phrase certain words....

if it is a insult to my wife be thankful you are typing it safe at home and not saying it to my face.....if it is not...... I am sorry I took it that way.

Offline zack1234

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #62 on: October 30, 2012, 04:02:33 PM »
Coombzy has been angry since ABBA split up :old:
There are no pies stored in this plane overnight

The GFC
Pipz lived in the Wilderness near Ontario

Offline coombz

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #63 on: October 30, 2012, 04:06:28 PM »
Coombzy has been angry since ABBA split up :old:

They split up one year before I was born according to Mr and Mrs Wikipedia

Sounds about right ;)

:furious
Did you see my dad on dogfights yet?
I'll be seeing you face to face possibly next month.

Offline surfinn

• Nickel Member
« Reply #64 on: October 30, 2012, 05:11:23 PM »
ahh your reading it wrong. You posted a picture on the picture of players forum. It was a reference to that and far from a insult. But with that said I'm not scared :t

Offline Eric19

• Nickel Member
« Reply #65 on: October 30, 2012, 05:18:29 PM »
I respect anyone who nows to fight in there aircraft of choice and I will always fight someone unless they want me to leave them alone I am back on 200 so if you see a bish p38G on your butt :devil tell him to back off if you don't want to fight I love the long drawn out fights and usually the fights that are drawn aren't in a horde lol I can't stand hordes or pickers you don't learn to fight by picking

Proud member of the 91ST BG (H) The Ragged Irregulars

Offline ACE

• Platinum Member
« Reply #66 on: October 30, 2012, 05:31:19 PM »
I don't want INK to kick my car 4Ft sideways when I drive by!
Sixth Tri-Annual Dueling Bracket Champion

The Few

-Spek

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #67 on: October 30, 2012, 07:38:53 PM »
ahh your reading it wrong. You posted a picture on the picture of players forum. It was a reference to that and far from a insult. But with that said I'm not scared :t

cool I was hoping I was reading it wrong....I do have a bad habit of thinking the worst about people.

I don't want INK to kick my car 4Ft sideways when I drive by!

don't threaten to run me over it wont happen.

was a ford ranger BTW...if ya gonna talk....at least get it right. :aok

Offline ACE

• Platinum Member
« Reply #68 on: October 30, 2012, 08:16:53 PM »
I'm sure you could kick my ol' Chrysler easily.

The Few

-Spek

Offline Tank-Ace

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #69 on: October 30, 2012, 08:28:14 PM »
Please help me out, what kind of flying behaviour do you respect?
Thank you.

Also you can tell me here why i suck an why im an idiot. Thank you.

In order of value:

Sportsmanship

This being behavior such as avoiding the HO, not jumping in a 2v1 (or even a 1v1. I've had enemies orbit overhead waiting for the fight to finish), passing on finishing off the damaged aircraft, and even simple acts like returning salutes to anyone you shot down, or who shot you down.

Tenacity

Hord almost over your base, and you still up to fight? You're in a tank, and die in place instead of retreating onto your base? One bomber left in the formation, engine out, and leaking fuel, but you keep heading to target?

All good examples of tenacity, and all things I can respect.

Mutual respect If I get a PM from the guy who killed me, saying good fight, or nice flying, I can't help but respect that guy.

Skill I respect guys who put up a good fight, or those that beat me, provided they're not excessivly arrogant, or actively mean.
You started this thread and it was obviously about your want and desire in spite of your use of 'we' and Google.

"Once more unto the breach"

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #70 on: October 30, 2012, 08:55:49 PM »
I'm sure you could kick my ol' Chrysler easily.

:rofl

I am a bit older now that happened 20+ years ago, probably hurt myself doing it now a days....thats not to say I would act any different in the same situation.

In order of value:

Sportsmanship

This being behavior such as avoiding the HO, not jumping in a 2v1 (or even a 1v1. I've had enemies orbit overhead waiting for the fight to finish), passing on finishing off the damaged aircraft, and even simple acts like returning salutes to anyone you shot down, or who shot you down.

Tenacity

Hord almost over your base, and you still up to fight? You're in a tank, and die in place instead of retreating onto your base? One bomber left in the formation, engine out, and leaking fuel, but you keep heading to target?

All good examples of tenacity, and all things I can respect.

Mutual respect If I get a PM from the guy who killed me, saying good fight, or nice flying, I can't help but respect that guy.

Skill I respect guys who put up a good fight, or those that beat me, provided they're not excessivly arrogant, or actively mean.

I agree with all this :aok

Offline ACE

• Platinum Member
« Reply #71 on: October 30, 2012, 09:49:37 PM »

I am a bit older now that happened 20+ years ago, probably hurt myself doing it now a days....thats not to say I would act any different in the same situation.

I agree with all this :aok
Just make sure you fix the dent cause it is not cheap!

The Few

-Spek

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #72 on: October 30, 2012, 10:49:07 PM »
Just make sure you fix the dent cause it is not cheap!

Offline SkyRock

• Platinum Member
« Reply #73 on: October 30, 2012, 11:07:57 PM »
I've been away a bit but one thing I'm starting to realize is that most in here that you come across will simply not fight unless they have numbers... when I do meet a 1 vs 1 in the MA I usually get the highspeed HO pass and then 1/2 sector of chasing the guy.... before I realize Im just wasting my time.... I dont have much time to play the game anymore, I'm not as "good" as I used to be, but I still get that rush from fighting til the end....  SO, when I do bump in to that one con out of 100 that actually noses down and clean passes me on the merge.. I am grateful for the fight!!!  <S> to all those who will fight and not waste my gametime!!!!   :aok

<S> Mark

Triton28 - "...his stats suggest he has a healthy combination of suck and sissy!"

Offline Sunka

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
      • http://www.327th.com/
« Reply #74 on: October 31, 2012, 12:38:05 AM »
I've been away a bit but one thing I'm starting to realize is that most in here that you come across will simply not fight unless they have numbers... when I do meet a 1 vs 1 in the MA I usually get the highspeed HO pass and then 1/2 sector of chasing the guy.... before I realize Im just wasting my time.... I dont have much time to play the game anymore, I'm not as "good" as I used to be, but I still get that rush from fighting til the end....  SO, when I do bump in to that one con out of 100 that actually noses down and clean passes me on the merge.. I am grateful for the fight!!!  <S> to all those who will fight and not waste my gametime!!!!   :aok

<S> Mark
Any time you just want to work some rust out of your system I'm good for that,hit me up and we can fight anytime.
 :aok
Someday the mountain might getem but the law nvr will. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SP5EkvOGMCs