Author Topic: This Veterans Day 2012  (Read 913 times)

Offline ebfd11

• Platinum Member
      • [b]POTW[/b]
Re: This Veterans Day 2012
« Reply #15 on: November 10, 2012, 12:28:19 PM »

Some Gave All, All Gave Some
PIGS ON THE WING 3RD WING

InGame id: LawnDart
RIP Skullman Potzie and BentNail

Offline dedhero

• Zinc Member
« Reply #16 on: November 10, 2012, 08:24:03 PM »
 :salute

Man O man do I miss riding in those blackhawks.
"Wind hoots through the trouser
but the shoe is already wetting.
Olè, olè!" - lulu

Offline Hap

• Gold Member
« Reply #17 on: November 10, 2012, 08:30:14 PM »
11th day 11th month 11th hour the guns stood silent on the western front.  it's Armistice Day.

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #18 on: November 10, 2012, 08:42:37 PM »

:salute Remember the Fallen
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline Wagger

• Silver Member
« Reply #19 on: November 10, 2012, 10:51:41 PM »
May God watch over the souls of those who gave their lives, and their families.  There is no greater sacrifice.

Offline Molsman

• Aces High CM Retired
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #20 on: November 11, 2012, 02:40:05 AM »
Salute To all The Vet's WHO Gave us what we are enjoying today...

Sorry about this Video if it has popped up before But I do this Ride Every Year and Many More Rides that Honor Our Vet's

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PJN1Uu59VcU&feature=related

And SSgt. Chamber's Reason why he Does this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=62br6dtd6yQ&feature=related

My Hero and I thank him Every day not the Tank he drove but close enough as my Pop-Pop would say was close enough Still Alive today at 90 and kicking

Song to All my Uncle's Who Fought in Viet Nam and Hate to say it bu I have no photo's of them right now to post for proper respect

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dpWEv9Q0XQ4&feature=related

One More Big Salute to my Best Friend Johnny Kulick who I worked with as a partner on the Medic unit 3 years prior to him loosing his Life in Desert Storm and I miss Dearly we used to have Great times in Nj at the Fireman's Weekend and Getting into Trouble together ............Dam Johnny I miss ya Bro

http://militarytimes.com/valor/army-spc-john-kulick/1029983

And another Big Salute to My Cousin who Fought in Desert Storm and then Threatened my Life I would of joined the Armed Force's  and hurt me himself cause of what he went through and told me to stay as a FireFighter/Paramedic for the frontline of Our Country when Our Soldiers Fought Over Seas

Sorry for my Rant's but this Thread Deserves alot Of Respect from all

<Salute>

Molsman/Larry

« Last Edit: November 11, 2012, 03:51:17 AM by Molsman »
Molsman, Crazy8s , Crazyman
JG11, DerWanderZirkus, -The Flying Clowns-

Offline M1A1

• Copper Member
« Reply #21 on: November 11, 2012, 04:57:42 AM »

Seems like centuries ago already, miss my brothers at times but glad we all made it home!

A big thanks to all of my brothers and sisters past and present for your service! Was a true honor to serve!!
Here is a little toast we in C Troop 5/117th Cav used to say:
"Here is to us and those like us, and there are damn few of us!!!"

Offline aztec

• Silver Member
« Reply #22 on: November 11, 2012, 09:36:06 AM »
 :salute Veterans

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #23 on: November 11, 2012, 09:57:40 AM »
 :salute to those who have served and to those serving today

TC
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline jay

• Silver Member
« Reply #24 on: November 11, 2012, 12:10:41 PM »
<S>

"He who makes a beast of himself Gets rid of the pain of being a man." Dr.Johnson

Offline Condor11

• Copper Member
« Reply #25 on: November 11, 2012, 01:29:36 PM »
 :salute

My brothers and sisters...thank you all
In game: CoverNow
Formerly : Condor
"If you cannot respect the forum posting rules, do not expect to get a twinkie for it."-Skuzzy

***Alchemists***

Offline USRanger

• AvA Staff Member
  • Plutonium Member
      • BoP Home
« Reply #26 on: November 11, 2012, 07:31:15 PM »
From my lil' paratroopers to you all, Happy Veterans Day

Axis vs Allies Staff Member
☩ JG11 Sonderstaffel ☩
Flying 'Black[Death] 10' ☩JG11☩

Only the Proud, Only the Strong Ne Desit Virtus

Offline W7LPNRICK

• Gold Member
      • Ham Radio Antenna Experiments
« Reply #27 on: November 11, 2012, 07:58:26 PM »
I mailed this to a cousin 34 years ago from Kunsan AB Korea & he found it & posted it today. <S> to that kid so long ago....  :salute :old:  8th Tac Ftr Wing Wolf Pack
« Last Edit: November 11, 2012, 08:03:00 PM by W7LPNRICK »
WildWzl
Ft Bragg Jump School-USAF Kunsan AB, Korea- Clark AB P.I.- Korat, Thailand-Tinker AFB Ok.- Mtn Home AFB Idaho
F-86's, F-4D, F-4G, F-5E Tiger II, C-130, UH-1N (Twin Engine Hueys) O-2's. E3A awacs, F-111, FB-111, EF-111,

Offline xbrit

• Silver Member
« Reply #28 on: November 11, 2012, 09:12:27 PM »
Locally a few of us have used old pics from our service days as our profiles pics on Facebook. Took me awhile to find one,
this was after I had been in the RAF for 4 years (Aug 1979).

Offline Scotty55OEFVet

• Nickel Member
« Reply #29 on: November 12, 2012, 12:18:35 PM »
Hey guys, my comp has been actin up so unfortunately I was unable to post any sort of Veterans Day Thank you. So here it goes belatedly:

Although this is a day to remember our brothers and sisters who have served this great country and those who have made the ultimate sacrafice, we should remember that everyday that we wake up and go about our lives we should remember those who give us that opportunity. Thanks to all those who have served, are serving, and will serve in the future in the US Military. I would also like to make special mention to a few soldiers:

LCPL Philip J. Martini of Lansing, IL KIA 08APR06 while serving in Anbar Province, Iraq. Was struck down by a Snipers Bullet while responding to calls for help from another USMC Platoon pinned down. He was a very good friend and a brother.

SGT Timothy M. "Smitty" Smith Alpha Company Sapper of the 4th Brigade Special Troops Battalion 4th Brigade 10th Mountain Division of Lake Tahoe, CA KIA 07APR08 while serving near Baghdad, Iraq. SGT Smith was a Husky driver and had the very dangerous job of leading the RCP (Route Clearence Package) down a route constantly sown with IED's. Knowing that, Smitty still did his duty even after stating he had a bad feeling that day. While on this mission his vehicle was struck by a command detonated IED. He succumbed to his wounds and died enroute to the field hospital. He was my brother and my best friend and he is missed everyday!

SGT Joseph A. Richard III Alpha Company Sapper of the 4th Brigade Special Troops Battalion 4th Brigade 10th Mountain Division of Lafayette, LA KIA 14APR08 while serving near Bagdhad, Iraq also died of wounds suffered from an IED explosion. I did not know SGT Richard that well. He was transferred to our unit just before Task Force Boar (2/30 INF, Bravo Troop of the 3/89 Cavarly Regiment, 22nd Platoon of Alpha Company Sapper's (my unit) attached to HHC 2/30 INF, and a Battery of the 25th Artillery) returned to the States after our 2nd Deployment. He took over my team after I was Medically Discharged and from what I was told by my soldiers was a very good NCO and I was glad that they had a good leader...although everyday it hurts me to know that he may have died in my place.

Please, remember all of our Veterans and the sacrafices that they have made. Happy Veterans Day!
"War can only be abolished through war...in order to get rid of the gun it is necessary to take up the gun."

RedDevil