Author Topic: Why I still want to HO  (Read 7936 times)

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
Re: Why I still want to HO
« Reply #60 on: November 14, 2012, 07:39:58 PM »
you will never get beyond mediocre....you think you are better then guys that are far beyond you, because you may have gotten a kill on them.....I would bet not only were you in the spit but had plenty of friends all attacking him.....

A good example were his comments towards Shane when Shane pointed out how many more kills he has on Midway than Midway on him.  Midway dismisses the stats as "meaningless since they include lots of picks and vulches" while claiming his kills on Shane were a result of "real fights".  I think Shane described it best when he said Midway suffers from "Conditional Bias".  Personally, I would also include mild retardism in addition to exhibiting conditional bias.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Midway

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #61 on: November 14, 2012, 07:48:53 PM »
A good example were his comments towards Shane when Shane pointed out how many more kills he has on Midway than Midway on him.  Midway dismisses the stats as "meaningless since they include lots of picks and vulches" while claiming his kills on Shane were a result of "real fights".  I think Shane described it best when he said Midway suffers from "Conditional Bias".  Personally, I would also include mild retardism in addition to exhibiting conditional bias.

ack-ack

You weren't there, you don't know.  Shane knows, as do I.   Four Shane kills landed in one sortie, just me and him, filmed, discussed, water under the bridge.   Lots of other good fights... Like I said... in a 1v1 situation with him I think I have a 50% chance, maybe even higher now.  He won plenty, as have I.  Picks and vulches excluded. :)

PARADISE ON EARTH  ------->  http://www.youtube.com/v/g_D4RhfCY2M&autoplay=1&hd=1&fs=1   <-------  PARADISE ON EARTH :)

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #62 on: November 14, 2012, 08:03:01 PM »
You weren't there, you don't know.  Shane knows, as do I.   Four Shane kills landed in one sortie, just me and him, filmed, discussed, water under the bridge.   Lots of other good fights... Like I said... in a 1v1 situation with him I think I have a 50% chance, maybe even higher now.  He won plenty, as have I.  Picks and vulches excluded. :)

It's how you are.  You engage and shoot down someone that is fighting someone else and you crow on 200 how you 'pwnd' them with your experten skill.  The people that have fought you in the DA 1v1 know what your real skill level is.

ack-ack

Offline Midway

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #63 on: November 14, 2012, 08:05:49 PM »
It's how you are.  You engage and shoot down someone that is fighting someone else and you crow on 200 how you 'pwnd' them with your experten skill.  The people that have fought you in the DA 1v1 know what your real skill level is.

ack-ack

:rolleyes:

AKAK, are you just upset because I can down your P38, on occasion, yet TwinBoom and Mercy are much better, to where it is not yet possible for me to down their P38?  After all your years of P38 experience, are you just frustrated and taking it out on this two year experienced pilot because your skill level is not yet where you think it ought to be?

Is that the deal?  If so, I suppose it's understandable.  Or is it the public viewing of your duel with me and the limp wristed fighting technique description of your fighting in said duel against this at the time less than one year noob?

If so, then I forgive you. :)

If not, then why do you keep making up stories about me? :huh :headscratch:
« Last Edit: November 14, 2012, 08:27:55 PM by Midway »

PARADISE ON EARTH  ------->  http://www.youtube.com/v/g_D4RhfCY2M&autoplay=1&hd=1&fs=1   <-------  PARADISE ON EARTH :)

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #64 on: November 14, 2012, 10:03:50 PM »

ack-ack

:rofl

this is one thing we agree on 100%  :aok

sorry middy...(actually I am not thats just a figure of speech)

until you realize that there is a big difference fighting in the MA as compared to the DA..... :rolleyes:

you talk all this about wanting to get "awesome" and how you are almost there.....until you take off the training wheels you will never be anything but a flyer who has to depend on his planes abilities to get him through fights.

does not matter how many fights you win.....who you can beat.....it is the plane that did it, spits have extreme fighting capabilities......you fly in the gang....while in the spit....oh ya you are awesome :rofl

take that spit and fly alone against the gang and see how you fare....you will be very upset at how much you really have no idea how to be a killer......

Offline Midway

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #65 on: November 14, 2012, 10:31:59 PM »
:rofl

this is one thing we agree on 100%  :aok

sorry middy...(actually I am not thats just a figure of speech)

until you realize that there is a big difference fighting in the MA as compared to the DA..... :rolleyes:

you talk all this about wanting to get "awesome" and how you are almost there.....until you take off the training wheels you will never be anything but a flyer who has to depend on his planes abilities to get him through fights.

does not matter how many fights you win.....who you can beat.....it is the plane that did it, spits have extreme fighting capabilities......you fly in the gang....while in the spit....oh ya you are awesome :rofl

take that spit and fly alone against the gang and see how you fare....you will be very upset at how much you really have no idea how to be a killer......

We disagree on some things.  That's ok.  Makes life more interesting.  Will be pwning you soon enough in my Spitfire... that will finally settle it.  Until then, we'll just have to agree to disagree. :)

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #66 on: November 14, 2012, 10:43:36 PM »
We disagree on some things.  That's ok.  Makes life more interesting.  Will be pwning you soon enough in my Spitfire... that will finally settle it.  Until then, we'll just have to agree to disagree. :)

this made me think of that song

"he's got high hopes..... hes got high hopes....higher then sky hopes....."

like I said....you have learned nothing....and never will be anything but mediocre at best.

Offline tunnelrat

• Silver Member
« Reply #67 on: November 14, 2012, 11:42:12 PM »
Will be pwning you soon enough in my Spitfire...

Who, can I get an estimate on when you think this will be?

I am only asking because I want to call Vegas and put a dollar on you when I put one on the Lions.
In-Game: 80hd
The Spartans do not enquire how many the enemy are but where they are.

Offline Midway

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #68 on: November 14, 2012, 11:47:24 PM »
Who, can I get an estimate on when you think this will be?

I am only asking because I want to call Vegas and put a dollar on you when I put one on the Lions.

End of 2013 or sooner. :)

Have to work on my slow fighting more.

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #69 on: November 14, 2012, 11:58:37 PM »
this made me think of that song

"he's got high hopes..... hes got high hopes....higher then sky hopes....."

like I said....you have learned nothing....and never will be anything but mediocre at best.

Made me think of this song.

To dream the impossible dream
To fight the unbeatable foe
To bear with unbearable sorrow
To run where the brave dare not go

To right the unrightable wrong
To love pure and chaste from afar
To try when your arms are too weary
To reach the unreachable star

This is my quest
To follow that star
No matter how hopeless
No matter how far

To fight for the right
Without question or pause
To be willing to march into Hell
For a heavenly cause

And I know if I'll only be true
To this glorious quest
That my heart will lie peaceful and calm
When I'm laid to my rest

And the world will be better for this
That one man, scorned and covered with scars
Still strove with his last ounce of courage
To reach the unreachable star

ack-ack

Offline danny76

• Gold Member
« Reply #70 on: November 15, 2012, 01:39:41 AM »
This is a fantastic song, "to be willing to march into Hell for a Heavenly cause",
just bloody fabulous. How it pertains to Midway leaves me a bit :headscratch:
"You kill 'em all, I'll eat the BATCO!"
The GFC

"Not within a thousand years will man ever fly" - Wilbur Wright

Offline dirtdart

• Silver Member
« Reply #71 on: November 15, 2012, 03:10:15 AM »
HOing is low brow.   

So Midway, how would I chalk up then?
If you are not GFC...you are wee!
Put on your boots boots boots...and parachutes..chutes...chutes.. .
Illigitimus non carborundum

Offline Debrody

• Platinum Member
« Reply #72 on: November 15, 2012, 03:27:00 AM »
Will be pwning you soon enough in my Spitfire... that will finally settle it.
Big words. But only words again. Brave to talk, coward to prove himself. Very weak.

Heck i would renew my account only to finish our 109 remaining duels.
AoM
City of ice

Offline Sg11

• Copper Member
« Reply #73 on: November 15, 2012, 05:08:27 AM »
They must be stopped and a HO is an excellent choice in this situation (which presents itself often). :old:
 :joystick: :)
[/quote]
I agree  :P

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #74 on: November 15, 2012, 06:48:44 AM »
Shida-san, this is my 7th attempt to contact you regarding the late fees you have incurred on the following titles:  Weiner Dog squeakes Gone Wild; Saddle Soap: Friend or Foe?; Twighlight: Behind The Scenes; Behind The Music: Bananarama; and Giraffe Roping - Novice to Expert in 2 Hours.  As I have stated before, your total outstanding bill is now $46.37.  If you fail to return these movies by November 30th, it will be assumed that you have decided to purchase these titles and your balance will be adjusted accordingly.  Thank you.

Lolz. Bananarama rock  :banana: American Express?

Your quote above made me laugh heartily.  (I hope to one day have the honor of buying you a pint.) You have always seemed to be one of the most well-spoken, straight-shooting, helpful and insightful people on the boards.

Merci. I do not in fact partake of the incoholic beverages, but would happily discuss life and the bizarre world of Aces High over a root beer   :salute

My objections to Midway have nothing to do with him taking or dismissing advice, that is his prerogative. My objections are that Midway equates defeating an opponent in the Main Arena in his Spitfire regardless of circumstance, to defeating an opponent in a duel. This is of course absurd.

Furthermore he seems to think that one or two victories gives him bragging rights on 200 and the BBS, even if they are balanced by 40 or more defeats at the hands of the same player. Again absurd.

Finally I believe Midway refuses to duel because he knows - as do we all - that a duel is the closest thing we have to minimising all other variables and pitching one's piloting skill against an opponent.

This takes strength of character, a good grip of reality and an ego which is reasonably in check, and he doesn't have those things.

Surely only inside a delusional mind can one lever oneself into such a hierarchical position in this community (as he is illustrating in the other thread). We all know when we have fought a skillful pilot and especially one with superior skill to yourself. Admitting that externally or internally is another matter. Some of the less immature players choose to salute that opponent and reevaluate their own technique and try to improve for the next time.

Midway simply seems to come at that person again and again until he gets a kill, at which point he gets the confirmation he was looking for that he is equal to them or better than them, instead of the more obvious paradigm: 'any idiot with a gun is dangerous'.

Happy Friday Pipz!
-=Army of Muppets=-
"Get stuffed Skyyr, you freak" - Zack1234